Cruiseline Airfare when needing only on-way

Socal404

Will be cruising from FLL through the canal to LA. We live in the LA area so wouldn't need a return flight. Does the cruiselines offer one-way fares, and for less $$$? The $289 p/p that Celebrity is quoting seems awfully high. Still trying to find my own.

Don't know when your trip is, but I would also suggest that you check JetBlue. Me, I would sign up for Celebrity's airfare, and either procure a lower fare before final payment is due and cancel it (you can cancel airfare at any point before final payment) or go with their airfare. Yes, you definitely can get airfare lower than $289 one-way from LAX to florida. Ordering cruise airfare up front gives you a bit of security knowing the MAXIMUM you will have to pay.

Have a great trip!

What about one way airfare to Europe, for a homebound transatlantic cruise?

Are there any bargains...this would be for USA to London.

Grace

Grace,

It should be very easy to do an open jaw. Kansas City to NY or Florida to board ship and London to Kansas City. I priced out, using arbitrary dates of March 18-30, $779.00, MCI to Newark, London to MCI. American was the primary carrier, with a London to Dublin segment on Aer Lingus. Post your exact dates and that will help.

• 2 months later...

We're sailing from FLL to Barcelona April 30-May 14 and then traveling around Spain on our own, planning to return from Madrid to Phoenix at the end of May.

Anyone have any ideas how to do this for less than outrageous one-way fare??

At the worst, I guess we could take the cruise return, but not sure if it will work two weeks after embarkation (and we'd have to get back to Barcelona)....:confused:

Maybe we could find a freighter!!:rolleyes:

THANKS!

All:

Socal404:

I believe that JetBlue now flies from FLL to Long Beach. In addition, American has some inexpensive one-way fares to LAX ($89 +)

Also In response to the questions about one way fare to Europe, I just posted the following in response to another post.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Like you I was debating buying cruise air or round trip airfare to Barcelona for our Nov transatlantic cruise.

Then I read a post on this board recommending http://www.airlineconsolidator.com. I tried it and was able to get a one way, non-stop from JFK for $309. Adding a $79 return flight from FLL to Newark on Jet Blue brought my total to $388 per person as opposed to $699 for cruise air, $556 for a round trip ticket or $1,156 for a one way ticket.

What about one way airfare to Europe, for a homebound transatlantic cruise?

Are there any bargains...this would be for USA to London.

Grace

We actually got cheaper air from the cruiseline for our transatlantic cruise than doing it on our own - even checking with the consolidators.

We do book our one direction cruises with air. Than both the TA and myself look for cheaper air. If we find it before final payment, we cancel cruise air. If we don't, then we at least have air.

The other point is that cheaper airlines in Europe have tighter luggage restrictions. If you are going on a transatlantic with precruise and/or postcruise stays and will need to bring a lot, you might want to make sure that your airline has enough luggage allowance. Your savings on airfare might be wiped out by the overweight charges.

Archived