CC - "Access Denied due to questionable content" at hotels??

I'm a flight attendant so I'm in hotel rooms 3 or 4 nights a week. When I want to go on Cruise Critic at the hotels it usually says "Access Denied due to questionable content". :mad: I just don't understand why it would say that. Does anyone have a clue why it would say that? It really frustrates me I can't get on CC on my layovers.

E-Beth

What type of PC program are you using? Your own PC or the hotels and is it using windows, if a Mobil device just use your 3/4G.

CC uses flash player and it drops a ton of cookies, so maybe that is blocked by the hotel.

It's probably a filter on the hotel's firewall. If you were staying in the same hotel all the time, I'd suggest talking to their IT person. The can create an exception to the site. If not, you might want to look into a free proxy server but do a little homework to find a recommended site. A proxy server in some cases will allow you to by-pass firewall filters...stressing in some cases. Google free proxy server and read up on it so you know the risks.

I got tired of taking my own laptop so I've been using the hotel computer. It happens probably 60% of the time.

E-Beth

I would guess the hotel is using its own server and they have it set to block all the stuff sites like CC try to place on ones PC.

We got an IPad for travel purpose because you can use the 3/4 G a month at a time, no contract, easy to carry.

I wonder if something has changed on CC site recently - I was able to access at work for years but within the last two months we get "access denied" as well. Or perhaps some companies are beefing up their systems to block blogging/forum sites.

Some hotels do the same thing to facebook. They don't want their computer users sitting there using facebook or cruise critic while others are waiting to check in for flights.

Embassy Suites charges for wifi. Since they allow people to sit there and do what they want on computeres, play games even, I have told them about it and asked for free wifi and gotten it.

I've seen people monopolize library computers by playing farmville.

So basically, they are probably blocking all sites where people tend to linger.

Gina

Archived