How long does it take from Long Beach to LAX?

firefly333

Understandable. I just got back from a 17 day vacation. Hope you have a great time.

Im not sure I could get by with the excuse to my parents.. well I HAD to book another cruise to miss rush hour on a weekday. I needed to come in on a weekend.

Firefly333, we are on the same cruise with you. Our flight is 1:05 PM. I thought about changing it but feel good with the info you got. We are platinum also and plan to off the ship first with you. Do you want to book a town car service and split the cost? This might be quicker than a taxi. Email me

rlunsford1950@gmail.com. I am on the roll call for our cruise.

Rick

OK I made the change to the 1:55 pm flight, change planes in Houston, gets in only 20 minutes later.

thanks.

I couldnt decide I admit, and rather have the extra 30 minutes to get to the airport breathing space.

its changed.

Ive done an 11:30am flight from LAX lots of times. Sat down in the shuttle by 9am, at the airport curb right before 10am. Just sharing my experience.

Having done it many times, I would be very comfortable with the 1:25pm flight.

You should be fine. We have done two cruises out of long beach and flights at LAX. We used karmel shuttle and you call when you are off the ship with your bags and they Re there within minutes, no waiting to fill the van up. 30-45 minute drive and you are to LAX.

Ive done an 11:30am flight from LAX lots of times. Sat down in the shuttle by 9am, at the airport curb right before 10am. Just sharing my experience.

Having done it many times, I would be very comfortable with the 1:25pm flight.

We have a winner with this one, that's my experience also. And don't be surprised if the boat docks before 7. The shuttle vans fill up quickly. You'll be sitting in the terminal wishing you would have stayed on board for one last lido breakfast!!

We have a winner with this one, that's my experience also. And don't be surprised if the boat docks before 7. The shuttle vans fill up quickly. You'll be sitting in the terminal wishing you would have stayed on board for one last lido breakfast!!

Thanks!

Been there done that before too :( Rushing to get off and was super early..could have had another cup of coffee.

We are driving down to LB on Sunday to catch the Monday Inspiration sailing. Looking to be one of the last ones off during debark ;)

We have had an early flight 11:55 each time we have ported in LB. We have done two modes of transportation there-once rented a car one way took it back to LB airport. The second time we took a shared super shuttle and this is what we will do this time in Oct. We however take the same mode of transportation back to LAX because of our early flight--It is the only one that flys back to Cincy at a decent time. We arrange and prepay for a private shuttle (90.00) back so that we will not have to make any stops. We have always gotten there in plenty of time. This time we are sharing the shuttle with another family that has an early flight back so it will be cheaper for us.

I think the 155pm is good.

If you do a shuttle, try to get in one that is only going to LAX. We ended up in one that dropped people at their homes on the way to the airport. That added almost 1 hour to the drive time.

Also you are on a repositioning cruise that's why they say 9am for ship arrival vs the early times like 7 or so on most standard weekly type cruises. They may have staff doing customs stuff early.

And you need to allow plenty of time to checkin at the airport.

You can read about Long Beach and LAX on the departure ports.

It will all work out. Have a great trip.

Firefly333, we are on the same cruise with you. Our flight is 1:05 PM. I thought about changing it but feel good with the info you got. We are platinum also and plan to off the ship first with you. Do you want to book a town car service and split the cost? This might be quicker than a taxi. Email me

rlunsford1950@gmail.com. I am on the roll call for our cruise.

Rick

emailed .. I will let you know about the town car.

Thanks folks. Some others on this roll call are also interested in your replies. This is a great roll call, very active. Lots of excitement to see Hawaii. I actually am glad to see Vancouver and have booked the Victorian, built in 1898, and see people who loved the hotel, lots of good reviews. Hotels kind of pricey and I will have to pay a extra $45 for a bus to Vancouver from Seattle to use my SW points to book the before and after flights. Thats why I cant fly from Long Beach, Im booking with SW points.

I have never cruised into this port.. so Im clueless.

So what you are saying is better to change it to a later time? ive already changed it once..SW is going to kill me. they charged me $2.50 last time to change it.. at least its not much to change.

so you think 1:25 isnt late enough?

I am VIP and will be the first one off the ship or close.. Ill be in line early.

If you use the ViP self assist you will be at the airport with hours to spare! The route to the airport is pretty much a freeway. By getting off the ship early you will be in constant flowing traffic. The only time our ride from the airport to the Queen Mary hotel took us over an hour was because we were on one of the shared shuttles. The driver told us we were with another group going to the Queen Mary as well. Never being in LA before we didn't realize something was up til someone from the other group asked about the traffic in downtown LA. That's when the driver told us he had to drop off an airport employee downtown first. She was tucked in the back of the van and we didn't even see her til he said that. As soon as he dropped her off he got onto the freeway and the traffic was moving right along. The other time we hired a private driver and despite traffic we were moving right along too. It was all freeway traffic not the downtown stop and go traffic. I would keep your flight as is.

Miracle gets in at 9 am from the repo from Vancouver. I booked a 1:25 pm flight out of Los Angeles. Is this too early?

Anyone have any names of shuttles to get me to Los Angeles airport? SW does not fly out of Long Beach and I read here that there was some kind of shuttle I could take to LA.

Should I change it to a later flight? I have never done a cruise out of the West Coast before and the ship gets in kind of late to me.

You will be alright. With heavy rush hour traffic (which lasts from 5am to 10pm) it will take about an hour. Without heavy traffic it would take about 30 minutes.

BTW, if I was trying to get to LAX, I would not start in Long Beach.

Archived