Let's Name Quantum III

I was thinking about that list of trademarked names.

My "guess":

Oasis 3 will be Ovation of the Seas

Quantum 3 will be Vantage of the Seas

Although those 2 seem to be the less liked of the 4.

I like Passion of the Seas better, but for some reason, I don't think they'll use it. I really don't like Pulse of the Seas. I hope they don't use that on any ship!!

They won't name the 3rd Oasis class ship with a name starting in "O" simply because Oasis of the Seas starts with an "O".

I like the name, Spectrum of the Seas as someone else said.

Others:

Fascination of the Seas

Temptation of the Seas

Edited by swim13

Royal Caribbean filed for trademark of the name "Endeavor of the Seas" back in 2004 and didn't assign it to any ship. It was abandoned in 2006 after they decided to go with the patriotic names (Freedom, Liberty, Independence) for the Ultra Voyager class. I like the Endeavor of the Seas name, so maybe they will resurrect it some day.

It wouldn't be the first time they've brought a name back after abandoning it. For example, Freedom of the Seas was actually originally filed for trademark in 2001 but was abandoned shortly after that. They refiled for the trademark on that name 3 years later (at the same time they filed "Endeavor of the Seas").

Edited by UCF_Knight

Royal Caribbean filed for trademark of the name "Endeavor of the Seas" back in 2004 and didn't assign it to any ship, but it was abandoned in 2006 after they decided to go with the patriotic names (Freedom, Liberty, Independence) for the Ultra Voyager class. I like the Endeavor of the Seas name, so maybe they will resurrect it some day.

It wouldn't be the first time they've brought a name back after abandoning it. For example, Freedom of the Seas was actually originally filed for trademark in 2001 but was abandoned shortly after that. They refiled for the trademark on that name 3 years later.

I like Endeavor of the Seas, too.

Ovation would be fitting for Oasis III.

I think Navigator and Liberty will always be there best names. Quantum, ugh. Passion, ehhh. Anthem, eh.

When I first saw this list, I had very odd first reactions. They haven't changed.

Ovation and Vantage still make me think of female anatomy. :eek: Passion doesn't help the image. :eek::eek:

And Pulse just sucks.

They may as well name it Google of the Seas and get some advertising dollars. :rolleyes:

ha ha ha ha

I'm not a fan of any of the trademarked names. I would venture they would go with Ovation and Vantage for either of the third in the classes.

Of those mentioned by our cc members, I like Acclaim, Rhythm, Symphony and Elegance.

If we are trying to stick with names ending in 'm' for the Quantum class, then how about Stardom or Requiem?

Edited by Kenlorz

Royal Caribbean filed for trademark of the name "Endeavor of the Seas" back in 2004 and didn't assign it to any ship. It was abandoned in 2006 after they decided to go with the patriotic names (Freedom, Liberty, Independence) for the Ultra Voyager class. I like the Endeavor of the Seas name, so maybe they will resurrect it some day.

It wouldn't be the first time they've brought a name back after abandoning it. For example, Freedom of the Seas was actually originally filed for trademark in 2001 but was abandoned shortly after that. They refiled for the trademark on that name 3 years later (at the same time they filed "Endeavor of the Seas").

I like Endeavor of the Seas as well!

Hey do you remember me from like a year ago?! I was applying to UCF and wanted to go there really badly, I remember seeing your screen name and freaking out! I did get accepted but it is too expensive for us out of staters so I am going to a two year school this fall and plan to transition to UCF in 2015! :)

When I first saw this list, I had very odd first reactions. They haven't changed.

Ovation and Vantage still make me think of female anatomy. :eek: Passion doesn't help the image. :eek::eek:

And Pulse just sucks.

They may as well name it Google of the Seas and get some advertising dollars. :rolleyes:

This post made me laugh. lol.

But I believe Ovation of the Seas would go along best given the two names they have already.

I don't think the 3rd Oasis Class name will be pulled from that list though.

I couldn't agree more about Pulse. It doesn't have a nice ring to it.

For the ship class after quantum they should name all there ships after nasa space shuttle. Keeping in line with patriotic names.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I do like this idea. Especially since I feel a part of my childhood has died since the Shuttle Program has ended. I grew up watching Shuttle Launches and going to Kennedy Space Center. Problem is, there may be some sort of trademark issues in doing such. but instead of a new class, why not just add on to the Freedom Class?

Atlantis of the Seas

Discovery of the Seas

Challenger of the Seas

Columbia of the Seas

Endeavor of the Seas

All of those names sound surprisingly good.

• 2 weeks later...
Atlantis of the Seas

Discovery of the Seas

Challenger of the Seas

Columbia of the Seas

Endeavor of the Seas

All of those names sound surprisingly good.

I also think Discovery, Challenger or Endeavour would be great names. Liberty was originally going to be named Endeavour. Which makes me think that maybe NASA does have those names trademarked? I wonder.

Edited by Board_Shorts

• 1 year later...

Bringing up this old thread to say............

For what it's worth........which to *me* is NOTHING.........whoever wrote the Wikipedia entry thinks that it's going to be Pulse of the Seas. :eek:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quantum-class_cruise_ship

edited to add: Don't bother going to the Wikipedia page. I just decided to edit it. :D

Edited by Merion_Mom

I also think Discovery, Challenger or Endeavour would be great names.

I also like Discovery, Challenger or Endeavour. MM, Pulse would be horrible, thanks for your editing! How about Quest of the Seas? :D Since names are being discussed, I can't help but think that North Star would be better named Eye in the Sky. North Star? Eye in the Sky is just more fun and catchy- to me anyway. :cool:

P.S. Project Genesis (Oasis, Allure), had me wondering about a Genesis of the Seas ship...

Ovation and Vantage still make me think of female anatomy. :eek: Passion doesn't help the image. :eek:

And Pulse just sucks.

Ok, so some of you are stuck on this "final m" thing. And there are my previous observations, quoted here.

So how about: POSTPARTUM DEPRESSION OF THE SEAS ;) ;) ;)