Sea Princess Balconies

Grumm

Can anyone tell me if the balconies on Aloha Deck of the Sea Princess are covered or open. Also, how spacious are they? I don't know if it makes any difference, but we are in room 633. Any information would be gratefully received.

Thanks

Balconies on the sides of all of the Sun Class vessels are 'cut from the hull' and totally covered. They are about 4 feet deep and the length of the cabin, which is just about 9 feet. Only balconies that are different would be the aft staterooms, all of the rest on the sides are the same. Even the mini suites are the same width, just double the length.

Can anyone tell me if the balconies on Aloha Deck of the Sea Princess are covered or open. Also, how spacious are they? I don't know if it makes any difference, but we are in room 633. Any information would be gratefully received.

Thanks

Here is what A339 balconyis like; It measures eight foot ten inches long by four feet wide. Two resin chairs (it will hold four) and one small table. On either side is a partition that when open folds up against the slider. When we were aboard (2001)you could peer into the next balcony and part of the adjoining cabin through an opening in the neopreme closure. I understand from another poster that this problem has been corrected.

Wow! Thanks (I think!) for that info. I hope the "peeking" problem has been resolved................or do I?.....depends on who's in the next cabin!!

Thanks again for your reply,

Alan

We were on the Island in April which is a Sun Class ship and not all the balconies are covered. This ship has "bump out" sections which are partially covered. We saw some balconies that were totally uncovered. I don't know about the Sea Princess.

I will be on the Sea next year in a BC balcony room. Does anyone know if the balconies are plexiglass like on the Island? In the pictures I have seen they don't appear to be plexiglass all the way down. Also, are you able to open the partitions between the balconies? We are traveling with family in the next room so that is really nice. We were able to open it on the Island.

Thanks for the help!

I would love it if the balconys on the Sea Princess were plexiglass, but since it is a sister to the Dawn and Sun, I am guessing they aren't. Guess I will find out for sure come November if someone else doesn't respond that has sailed on the Sea lately.

We were on the Island in April which is a Sun Class ship and not all the balconies are covered. This ship has "bump out" sections which are partially covered. We saw some balconies that were totally uncovered. I don't know about the Sea Princess.

I will be on the Sea next year in a BC balcony room. Does anyone know if the balconies are plexiglass like on the Island? In the pictures I have seen they don't appear to be plexiglass all the way down. Also, are you able to open the partitions between the balconies? We are traveling with family in the next room so that is really nice. We were able to open it on the Island.

Thanks for the help!

They call the Island a Sun class ship but the balconys are totally different.They are configured like a Grand class ship with bumpouts.The Island and Coral should technically be called Coral class.

... er ... we also had an Aloha balcony and if memory serves, it wasn't actually 'solid' steel under the teak rail cap but rather a couple of horizontal and vertical steel rails. We remember thinking that it made it somewhat risky for a small child but that also when sitting down the view between the bars was better and clearer than through that blue tinted plexiglass ...... however, memory may be at fault.......

Ibrasu

... er ... we also had an Aloha balcony and if memory serves, it wasn't actually 'solid' steel under the teak rail cap but rather a couple of horizontal and vertical steel rails. We remember thinking that it made it somewhat risky for a small child but that also when sitting down the view between the bars was better and clearer than through that blue tinted plexiglass ...... however, memory may be at fault.......

Ibrasu

Since you ask? Here it is. No steel. Sea Princess Aloha A 338. 2001. The lady watching the sunrise on the balcony is my DW. Beautifull yes?

http://members.cox.net/elhare/Ellieon%20balcony.jpg

I was on the Sea Princess several years ago - the balconies are identical to Sun and Dawn Princess (different from Island and Coral Princess). Here are pics from my Dawn balcony:

Image-BF1F07E4C88511D8.jpg-thumb_269_202.jpg

Image-BF1F2D82C88511D8.jpg-thumb_202_269.jpg

The balconies are all covered.

Archived