HELP...Prices Please!

MrsAReid

Hello Everyone! My family and I will be cruising Sep.2 on the Elation leaving out of NOLA. We have never been to Progresso or Cozumel. Does anyone know the prices for Taxi's in both place and What are the names of the best beaches in both place? Trying to gather up a grand total for this trip. Thanks to everyone who will post and if you have reviews for this ship please send a link or write it here. Thanks again :)

Go to the port of call page and click on caribbean and look for those two places will find all there. In Progresso beaches are at end of pier and free shuttle bus will take you. In cozumel will need cab unless use ships tour. Price will depend on where you go.

In progresso there is a free bus to the end of the world's longest pier. I would tip $1 a person for the shuttle ride.

It will let you off close enough to the beach that you can walk there.

I think for $10 you can rent a umbrella, not sure.

I also loved Paradise Beach in Cozumel. Taxi was about 15 dollars (for 4 people) each way. We had a fun day there in February on the Liberty.

We have been to Progreso and took the bus ride. There was a vendor market in that area, and the bus you could take around the city was fun, we sat up on top and it was a hot, sunny day. We ended up eating lunch at Buddy's, right on the beach and had fun. Oh, and that vendor market, I bought the dress which is seen in the picture below (red dress) for $20. I love that dress and still wear it on cruises, especially when I go to Mexico.

Have fun, whatever you decide to do!

Thank You runner15km and funinthesun1964. We'll look into it...is it a price for this beach or is it free? funinthesun1964 that dress looks pretty...what shop did you get it from?

Thanks, I just got it at the vendor's market (like an outdoor flea market) by where you get the bus in progreso.

If you go to Paradise Beach in Cozumel, we paid $2 per person, with the understanding that we would buy food and/or drinks totaling $10 (for all) for the day. That entitled us to chairs/umbrellas on the beach, and use of the nice, large pool with lounge chairs. Clean restrooms and changing rooms.

The beaches aren't quite as nice in Progreso - at least not the one I saw. I am not sure of beach prices there - may be free? If not, they should be very inexpensive.

funinthesun1964 Did you do that through Carnival or did you just take a taxi there and paid when you go there? I read also that the taxi is $15 for four people but what if its only 3? Do the price change?

funinthesun1964 Did you do that through Carnival or did you just take a taxi there and paid when you go there? I read also that the taxi is $15 for four people but what if its only 3? Do the price change?

No we didn't go through Carnival, just on our own. The price will be the same for up to 4 people.

Archived