Oasis – Eastern – 05/18/13 – So Much To Do

Loved the humor. Great pacing and style.

I'm a huge obsessor when it comes to these kinds of things. My family still make jokes about my Fast-Pass ticket rackets and guide-like insider knowledge of the Disney parks at age 12. However, I've learned to be low-key about it with my fiance. The information is there if it is needed, but spontaneity is more the rule for us.

We're doing our honeymoon on the Oasis in October. That leaves me a few more months of tactically planning the right romantic moment to dazzle her with the fact that the Oasis produces over 130,000 horsepower. :rollseyes:

Wow, thanks. I did have more, but thought this was getting too long. I'll put something together shortly.

Not sure if I'm doing this right, but here's my attempt at attaching the spreadsheet:

(If you don't see it, then it didn't work).

Great review. Is there more to come? I hope so! You didn't mention any excursions, how you planned for them, etc. What was your game plan for sea days and nabbing a coveted chair?

"Batter dip the corndog"! Never heard that one before, but I'm going to use it on DW tonight!

Oasis by Deck.xls

Wow, thanks. I did have more, but thought this was getting too long. I'll put something together shortly.

Not sure if I'm doing this right, but here's my attempt at attaching the spreadsheet:

Got it! Thank you!

We need you to take a lot more cruises so we can read more from you! Next time .. pictures ! (well, of the cruise ... not , uh .. well, u know .. LOL)!

Thanks all for the kind words. If you're interested, here's my only other "review", that of the Carnival Dream:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1288878

I've been reading CC and planning for my 8/3/13 Oasis cruise for about a year. I have NEVER enjoyed a review as much as yours!

Also, I thank you soooo much for the 1 sheet COLOR-CODED spreadsheet! It is amazing and easy to carry around to acclimate me and my traveling party to the Oasis!

Your review put a smile on my face and made my day. We are going on the Oasis for the second time this coming Saturday and can't wait. I remember thinking the same thing about the doughnut place! It should be a 24 hour spot and there should be coffee near by:) Thanks for the giggles...your a terrific reviewer!:D

Great review- man after my heart- I over plan every vacation- never mind cruises. Thanks for posting the spreadsheet. After our cruise got cut short- I'm eager to get on another one- figuring had our one emergency- couldn't happen again. Thanks for sharing.

You should become a writer, I hate to read long long reviews or even books for that matter, I'm too hyper, even though there helpful, But, I read yours thru the end and it was great, hope you'll get pictures :)

I echo everyone else's sentiments on the great and entertaining review you did. Thanks for the spreadsheet too, we have a few months left until we sail and I, like you, will do a lot of my own research but you just saved me quite a bit of time both prior to and on the cruise. More time to have beers- I'll make sure to have one in your honor.

Ok, let’s sum up the pre-work. Booked the room (after figuring out the type and location), made the show reservations and made the dinner reservations. Now I started to get lazy. Actually, I didn’t. Ok, not too proud of this, but I created a spreadsheet of all the various stores, bars, restaurants, landmarks, etc. and the floor on which these areas are located. First, it was sorted by the facility, in alphabetical order, then the same list was sorted by floor. My plan was to use this as a cheat seat so at a quick glance, I would be able to figure out exactly where my desired destination was located. Dining Room? Third floor baby. Ice Cream machines? 15. Promenade? 5! See? Works like a charm.

You're my HERO. I am an uber-planner too. Is that spelled right? Who cares. I love my spreadsheet. Here's a link to mine. We sail Oasis in November. :)https://drive.google.com/#my-drive

I thought I was the only one who had done one of those deck-by-deck, venue-by-venue lists! I'd love to see yours if you'd be willing to share.

You're my HERO. I am an uber-planner too. Is that spelled right? Who cares. I love my spreadsheet. Here's a link to mine. We sail Oasis in November. :)https://drive.google.com/#my-drive

I thought I was the only one who had done one of those deck-by-deck, venue-by-venue lists! I'd love to see yours if you'd be willing to share.

Sherri, try attaching your list again. The link you provided will take a person to their own Google drive account. Shoreman attached his list earlier in this thread. It is awesome!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Sherri, try attaching your list again. The link you provided will take a person to their own Google drive account. Shoreman attached his list earlier in this thread. It is awesome!

Sorry. Let's try this again. Here goes...... I have this posted somewhere else on another thread, and people seem to be able to pull it up there. So hopefully it works. I'm new to google drive. I wish CC would let me upload an Excel file, but it won't. :( Some of the page breaks aren't right in the preview mode in Google Drive, but if you download and open in Excel, it works like it should.

https://drive.google.com/#folders/0B1Y9MtMiZjAwQUxvLU9LaEZBSFE

Sherri

Sorry. Let's try this again. Here goes...... I have this posted somewhere else on another thread, and people seem to be able to pull it up there. So hopefully it works. I'm new to google drive. I wish CC would let me upload an Excel file, but it won't. :( Some of the page breaks aren't right in the preview mode in Google Drive, but if you download and open in Excel, it works like it should.

https://drive.google.com/#folders/0B1Y9MtMiZjAwQUxvLU9LaEZBSFE

Sherri

That worked. Thanks!! :cool:

Thank you for sharing your spreadsheet! :D

Sherri