Riviera Deck Plan Question

JudyA.

Hi - we are thinking to book a B4 cabin on the Riviera, in a forward cabin on Dec 7.

When I look at the deck plan, I wanted to make sure there was no show lounge right beneath us on Deck 6 that might be loud...so when I looked at the layout for deck 6, there is this huge blank spot in the forward part of the ship on deck 6. Does anyone know what is there?

Thanks for your help!

Judy in AZ

Its the lounge from deck 5.

Haven't heard any complaints about noise though.

The extended balconies show on the ships floor plans, there have been many threads discussing them. They have been reclassified to a higher category due to popularity.

Yes on Deck 7 there are larger than normal balconies called extended balconies. I think in the front of the ship there are 10 of them, 5 on each side and the rear 20, 10 on each side. They are very popular as the size allows for lounge chairs. They have also been reclassified to B3 but do not know when this takes effect. Search the forum and you will see plenty of discussion as well as maps showing you exactly which cabins they are.;)

Yes on Deck 7 there are larger than normal balconies called extended balconies. I think in the front of the ship there are 10 of them, 5 on each side and the rear 20, 10 on each side. They are very popular as the size allows for lounge chairs. They have also been reclassified to B3 but do not know when this takes effect. Search the forum and you will see plenty of discussion as well as maps showing you exactly which cabins they are.;)

We have been in cabin 7115 on the Marina and Riviera which is aft. This last cruise on the Marina we only could get 7004 which is forward extended balcony. Oddly enough, the cabin is slightly smaller since the wall where the couch and desk are is extended into the cabin by about 6 to 8 inches. It doesn't sound like much but it makes for a tight fit when you pass the bed and desk. We would have thought the cabin would be identical. I have no idea if all the forward extended balcony cabins are like this or only 7004 since it doesn't appear on the deck plan.

The new designation from B4 to B3 start with the Dec 2013 cruises

The larger balcony cabins are 7108 to 7126 & 7111 to 7131 aft

7000 to 7008 & 7001 to 7009

Lots of discussion on them

Thank you all for replying! I appreciate it.

Chap, what do you mean extended balcony? Do some B4 cabins have bigger balconies than others?

102950.jpg I'm curious......did you ask this question without looking at the Deckplans, or do you find them difficult to interpret?

Archived