Century to Alaska review..Classic program

Jldevlin

Just back this morning and had the best time.Our 10 cruise and 2nd with Celebrity.The ship is older but very clean and well kept. This was our first time with a drinks package and some of the reviews before had problems with getting wine with dinner and other issues.We never had a problem

.I am slightly ashamed ( and just a little proud ) that we ordered 160 drinks in 7 days. Now this is not just alcohol .... the coffees at cova cafe were so good.... and fresh juice was nice as well.We had a great sommelier who after the first day would have a bottle on our table before we got there.He found out what we liked and then asked if he could choose for us...of course you can !!!!! We also would go to the bar and get a beer and have them leave the cap on so we could have it in our room and they never had an issue with it. And we never saw any drunks ... well at least until we went to our cabin and looked in the mirror lol.

It was really nice not to have to sign all the time. But would we get it again?? No we dont think so...I think we drank so much more than we ever would have.We were never drunk or falling down but by day 5 we were sort of done with it. The wine at dinner was really great so maybe we will look into a wine package for our next cruises.

We had great weather from the start. Icy straight was really warm that day.We took a light jacket and then had to carry it around.We dont think they sold much fleece in the stores that day.Not much here but they have a really nice sea wall to walk along.This was our best whale day. Jumping around right off the ship

Hubbard Glacier and Juneau were sunny as well.Ketchican was a little rainy for a few minutes but that was it.We had not excursions booked we just walked around the towns.We booked the cruise for the week of not working or cooking so the ports were not really that important for us.

I have to say that this was the best cruise for service we have had. Every staff member was pleasant .I was getting an omlette made and a crew member came and stood beside me.The egg guy asked him who he was getting the omlette for and he said the captain. I told egg guy he better make that one better than mine .... he looked up and smiled and said no maam ... I need to make yours better than his.That sums up the kind of people they have on this ship.

We did not go to many shows.Just the comedy act and he was good.I am not a fan of the production shows so we usually go and listen to the bands.I have to say this is an area that was not as good.It seems that they think we are all 80 + Really old stuff from the 40 s... I would say 80 % of the guests were between 50 and 60 .. very few kids ..and not many elderly.One band played newer stuff but they did not play as often.

Overall a great trip with enough to do and lots of time to do nothing, and that was just what we were looking for.

Thanks for posting a review of your Century Alaska cruise. I'm glad to hear you had a great time. I've read how cold and rainy it is and have warm weather clothes including lots of fleece ready to be packed but your review says it's warm in the ports - now I have a dilemma of what to pack. If you don't mind I would like to ask you some questions: (1) Do people really dress up on formal nights? (2) Were the comedy shows R-rated? Would it be appropriate to bring a young child to the show? (3) Were there enough daytime/nighttime activities to keep someone busy? (4) What kind of fitness programs did they offer? Zumba? (5) Did you keep the daily newsletters? If so, would you be able to post them. I really appreciate your help. This would be my very first Alaska cruise. I see the cruise ships docked at Canada Place when I go to work so I'm finally getting on one of them!!

We got really lucky with the weather.It really is just like here..some days are warm and before you know it you are bringing out your winter stuff. I packed a winter jacket and only used it once when we were at the glacier out on the bow.But even then it was just for the wind.So I would bring a waterproof jacket and just put a hoodie under it. And a light pair of gloves and a toque will be enough I think.Do a long range forecast for Juneau so you know what it should be.Formal night was not so formal.Most women in a nice dress and men in suits.I think the comedy show is for little ones ... maybe not r rated but not fun for them.But the magic show they will love. This was my cruise to do nothing so I walked everywhere for my exercise .I was planning on going to the gym we just never made it.And I dont keep the dailies anymore lol ..and I would not know how to post them if I did.There were not many kids on this ship but I think only because of the time of year. It is a smaller ship but they manage to find lots of things to keep everyone busy.Icy straight was my favorite.The zip line is what alot of people want to do but it is a really nice place to get off and walk about. It is nice to finally get on a ship when you see everyone else do it and now it will be your turn !!!!!!

I have to say that this was the best cruise for service we have had. Every staff member was pleasant .I was getting an omlette made and a crew member came and stood beside me.The egg guy asked him who he was getting the omlette for and he said the captain. I told egg guy he better make that one better than mine .... he looked up and smiled and said no maam ... I need to make yours better than his.That sums up the kind of people they have on this ship.

Great people on Celebrity cruises!! Thanks for sharing your review!:):)

Thanks for that review we are on the 16 June sailing and looking forward to it very much.

We are in UK so could not get the drink package on 1-2-3 offer, were there many people on the package would you say? :D

Thanks for that review we are on the 16 June sailing and looking forward to it very much.

We are in UK so could not get the drink package on 1-2-3 offer, were there many people on the package would you say? :D

Because this was the first time we have had any sort of package we were curious how it would work , so we actually did look to see if anyone else did not have to sign the little bits of paper.And I did notice that the U K guests ( and there were many ) were signing. Now maybe some bought the package I dont know. I seemed to me about 25 % of the guests did not have to sign. It was nice to not worry about a big bar bill at the end.

Archived