What time does it get dark in October?

MamaParrotHead

We have one of the 2-11 p.m. port times for our stop in Curacao. We're truely beach bums, and not big into shopping. Plus it seems to me that the majority of the shopping is pricey imported items and the standard jewelry/electronics of any cruise port. On top of which, we have 2 kids (10 and 13) so we're not in for any of the hopping island nightlife.

Are there any beaches that are open late-ish? Maybe one we can see the sunset? HELP! :) TIA!

We have one of the 2-11 p.m. port times for our stop in Curacao. We're truely beach bums, and not big into shopping. Plus it seems to me that the majority of the shopping is pricey imported items and the standard jewelry/electronics of any cruise port. On top of which, we have 2 kids (10 and 13) so we're not in for any of the hopping island nightlife.

Are there any beaches that are open late-ish? Maybe one we can see the sunset? HELP! :) TIA!

I take it you're not into shopping, but your assumption that the majority of items are "pricey imported items" is not correct.

A number of items (perfume, cosmetics, linen, cheese, electronics) can be much lower than other island ports. I'm speaking from personal experience.

For your two kids I would say Cabana Beach is a great option. Not too expensive to get there, plus they are able to swim after dark as well. The beach is safe, there are restaurants and all amenities. So you can stay there until VERY late and then return to the ship. Sunset is included.

Have a great cruise!

Thanks, Isa! I didn't mean they were pricier than other ports, just that they're not things that are on our shopping list. Do you have any suggestions as to a place on the way to/from Cabana beach that would have some quality souvenirs (tshirts and Christmas tree ornaments)? THANKS FOR YOUR HELP! :)

Nooooo.... Kokomo is at the OTHER side of the island. It's a nice place to hang out as well.

Cabana Beach (formerly known as Kontiki) is on the same stretch as Seaquarium Beach and Mambo Beach.

For T-shirts & X-mas ornaments -very easy. On your way out of the Riffort Village (pier area), you will pass stores with quality items.

There will be vendors next to the Taxi parking lot, but most of their goods come from Haiti/Dom. Republic.

Snorkeling is minimal at the shore. You would have to swim out to the wave breakers to see stuff.

The best snorkeling is on the Western side of the island (Porto Marie beach, Lagun, Cas Abao beach, etc).

Archived