Road to Hana Travasa Stay

fabby50

Hey! We were on the POA May 18th sailing and I said I'd report back about our overnight in Maui.

We did the Road to Hana and stayed overnight at the Travasa Hotel and Spa. It is a beautiful property - right on the beach. It's the one you see on videos taken from various helicopters/plane rides. It used to be a sugar plantation and we were advised to get one of the cottages, which we did.

Very roomy accomodations, with a great lani and hot tub. A little kitchenette with a refrigerator and coffee set-up. The coffee was whole bean and a grinder was provided (love those little touches). There are no televisions or air conditioning, but large fans. A loaf of banana macadamia nut bread and bottles of water were also included. Huge bathroom with separate spa tub and shower. Also robes.

Dinner was wonderful though pricy - $175 for the two of us. Two drinks for my husband, we split an salad and each had an entree and dessert. Took dessert back to our room - they packed it up, no problem. There was local entertainment in the indoor portion of the dining area (we ate outside). Two ladies that did the hula with a singer and a backup musician. I would suggest if you're staying longer than a day, add the meal package - it might save you a little cash.

There are lots of activities offered on the property and we may return someday for a land vacation.

For us, the more lesiurely drive on the R2H with the overnight stay and a lesuirely drive back was great.

We have stayed here when it was the Hotel Hana Maui and when it was a Starwood property. Just loved it, especially the cottages with hot tub on the veranda. We have done the RTH several times but never in one day. We always stay a night or two in Hana so that we can relax and really enjoy everything. There are less expensive options also. So happy to hear that you like Travaasa. Our kids think the horseback riding at the Hotel Hana Maui is the BEST. Cherie

Archived