Adding Second Passenger After Booking?

NovCruisin

If you book a single occupancy room; can you later book another person in the same room? Does that change the price? (I know single occupancy is almost as much per person as two people! but the second person may or may not come)

Thanks!

If you book a single occupancy room; can you later book another person in the same room? Does that change the price? (I know single occupancy is almost as much per person as two people! but the second person may or may not come)

Thanks!

Yes you can... I just added my DH to my cabin. The price will change. Usually just the port charges and tax are added.

Thanks!

In that situation I was advised to book it initially for two people and list the second person as TBD to lock in the price.

Then you can always substitute the name of the second person later, or drop off the second person if you decide on single occupancy.

In the past we have heard about problems where people were not allowed to add a passenger later even though their cabin had sufficient berths for additional passengers because total capacity for the lifeboats had been reached.

In that situation I was advised to book it initially for two people and list the second person as TBD to lock in the price.

Then you can always substitute the name of the second person later, or drop off the second person if you decide on single occupancy.

In the past we have heard about problems where people were not allowed to add a passenger later even though their cabin had sufficient berths for additional passengers because total capacity for the lifeboats had been reached.

A risk I was not aware of. Usually it should not be a problem, if adding a second person before final payment.

A risk I was not aware of. Usually it should not be a problem, if adding a second person before final payment.

Yes,it is a risk, especially more so if you add someone late in the process. We wanted to add my cousin in our quad cabin and it wasn't allowed because the ship was at legal capacity, which means lifeboat capacity.

Thanks!

I have done this several times. Mostly using the Open Passages. If/when you add a 2nd passenger, pricing will not change, and the deposit for the 2nd person is the same as you made. Even the taxes/fees have not changed from the original booking. I have never encountered any issues. :)

For anyone who is interested, I called Celebrity directly and was told that you can add a second person and all you pay in the taxes on that person. When you book a single in a double occupancy room, you are already paying basically two peoples fare (less the second persons taxes)

Pricing is sometimes different. I booked a single, and then added another person. My TA was very surprised that the price changed. Unbeknownst to either of us, I had gotten the solo at 175% of double occupancy.

Just check your numbers carefully.

Archived