? for recent visitors to snorkel beach

meglet

Anyone happen to notice when it really starts to get crowded there? Like 10:30 onward? Is there a lull around maybe 4 in the afternoon or later?

And has anyone rented a "beach bed" there? Did you send an email through the website? Of course it's relatively small and they're probably booked up for the whole summer by now.

Anyone happen to notice when it really starts to get crowded there? Like 10:30 onward? Is there a lull around maybe 4 in the afternoon or later?

And has anyone rented a "beach bed" there? Did you send an email through the website? Of course it's relatively small and they're probably booked up for the whole summer by now.

1st...have never rented the beach bed, so I cannot help you there.

As far as crowds go, we have never, ever found it crowded. It is relatively large and I think that because this is the only beach (that I know of) that charges admission when all of the other beaches are free, is why it is never crowded.

It is also good for people with mobility issues....flat land and there are tables one could sit at if one could not get to the "sand".

Clean bathrooms...food....bar...rentals...etc.

We usually go here when we are there for 3 days. (usually the last day) so that we do not stress about getting back to the ship. (very much walking distance).

Have fun in Bermuda. One of my favorite Islands.:o

1st...have never rented the beach bed, so I cannot help you there.

As far as crowds go, we have never, ever found it crowded. It is relatively large and I think that because this is the only beach (that I know of) that charges admission when all of the other beaches are free, is why it is never crowded.

It is also good for people with mobility issues....flat land and there are tables one could sit at if one could not get to the "sand".

Clean bathrooms...food....bar...rentals...etc.

We usually go here when we are there for 3 days. (usually the last day) so that we do not stress about getting back to the ship. (very much walking distance).

Have fun in Bermuda. One of my favorite Islands.:o

I was hesitant about trying this "beach" but looking for something to keep us close to our ship our last day in Bermuda. I am going to go back and take a look at the beach and what it offers.

I just checked on tripadvisor and it really doesn't get good reviews at all.

I am at a loss where to go our last day in Bermuda for the beach.

Thank you.

I was hesitant about trying this "beach" but looking for something to keep us close to our ship our last day in Bermuda. I am going to go back and take a look at the beach and what it offers.

I just checked on tripadvisor and it really doesn't get good reviews at all.

I am at a loss where to go our last day in Bermuda for the beach.

Thank you.

I do not know why there are so many bad reviews. It is NOT Horseshoe Bay, but it is a pretty good beach with all of the amenities. As I said before...we go here all of the time on the last day of the cruise. It is a two minute walk from the ship. RUNNING DISTANCE...LOL:o:o:o

Me and my DH spent a few hours here last August and plan on doing so again on our next cruise. It's a cute little beach with a bar, changing rooms, bathrooms. You can rent snorkle gear, umbrellas, chairs and some other stuff. I don't know why so many people give it negative reviews.

Certainly, it's not Horseshoe Beach, which you should visit during your stay. Keep in mind Snorkle Park is a man-made beach, but we had nothing negative to say about it. :cool:

Hopefully this isn't a dumb question, but is the snorkeling good? Wife doesn't snorkel so didn't want to book an excursion. Looking for someplace to rent gear and do some snorkeling while she is on the beach.

We just came from Bermuda. Snorkel Park is a man made beach. The water is very calm there and it's a good place if you have children. They have a water trampoline that you can pay to go on. The beach is okay. They do rent snorkel equipment, but there's not much to see, so I don't think it's worth the money. It's a good place to sit by the water and lay in the sun if you don't want to go far from the ship, but it pales in comparison to any other beach we've seen in Bermuda. As for the beds, they cost $35-$50 per day depending on where they are located.

Hopefully this isn't a dumb question, but is the snorkeling good? Wife doesn't snorkel so didn't want to book an excursion. Looking for someplace to rent gear and do some snorkeling while she is on the beach.

Take the ferry over to St. George then head to Tobacco Bay. We have always had good snorkeling there. The beach, which is small and not flat, can get crowded but your wife can still sun there. They also have chair, umbrella and snorkel rentals along with restrooms and snackbar.

Another place to snorkel is Church Bay which is a bus ride away from Dockyard on the South Shore. The beach is small but very beautiful and was never crowded when we were there. The amneties are sketchy....fellow seeling prepackaged snacks and drinks out of a cooler, no chair rentals but does have snorkel gear. The restrooms look like real ones but on the inside just glorified potta potties with no running water but hand sanitizer available. One caution, the water tends to be a bit rougher there than other places.

Archived