Family Connected Junior Suites on Quantum

just wondering, has anybody gotten a quote on the family connected junior suites on the quantum of the seas? if not, how much would you think the rates would be?

For what sailing/voyage? How many people?

probably 7 for any 7/8 day bahamas cruise on quantum.

When I called last week, the lady went to talk to her manager and they were still working out prices and those rooms are not able to be booked online as well as connected staterooms so they are available to the people who actually need them. She said Friday they should be finished and price available....

probably 7 for any 7/8 day bahamas cruise on quantum.

I can tell you that the last time I checked but for the 8 day Eastern Caribbean it was approx $1802 PP for the first five passengers regardless of who is in what room.

For an 8 day Caribbean Jan 3 for 5 people in the JS connected family suite it was $1664 pp plus $115 taxes and fees so $1779 pp. (I priced it while onboard last week).

There is a minimum of 5 to book, but they may allow less people closer to sailing if the rooms have not sold.

Note: if someone cancels in your party of 5, you have to give up the D2 first. The studio cannot be sold alone as it has no bathroom.

Also: you do not get concierge access with this 'suite'. It is really just 3 rooms grouped together for convenience. I would rather pay $1000 more and get a Royal Family Suite with a huge balcony and privileges.

You do receive obc and balcony discount if applicable for booking onboard for the JS and the D2.

When I called last week, the lady went to talk to her manager and they were still working out prices and those rooms are not able to be booked online as well as connected staterooms so they are available to the people who actually need them. She said Friday they should be finished and price available....

I don't think that is accurate. The rooms were available the first few days bookings opened, but the LA had to 'reserve' it by computer and wait for them (people in reservations) to ok it.

Not sure which goes first, but the studio does have a bathroom, at least in the rendering it does - http://www.royalcaribbean.com/quantumoftheseas/staterooms/

I see that. Maybe she was mistaken and the actual reason you need to keep the studio is because access is only from the JS.

I think the reps are still unfamiliar with the details of this family connected suite.

At first she told me no balcony discount or obc for the D2 (in addition to the JS), only 1 for the entire complex of rooms. But it went through with 2 discounts and 2 obcs. And you have to pay the same price for every person in the suite. It's not discounted after 1st and 2nd.

I was also told no concierge access for this room, which surprised me considering the overall price.

I was deciding on what room to take and she kind of pushed the FCS. I later changed to the RFS.

For an 8 day Caribbean Jan 3 for 5 people in the JS connected family suite it was $1664 pp plus $115 taxes and fees so $1779 pp. (I priced it while onboard last week).

There is a minimum of 5 to book, but they may allow less people closer to sailing if the rooms have not sold.

Note: if someone cancels in your party of 5, you have to give up the D2 first. The studio cannot be sold alone as it has no bathroom.

Also: you do not get concierge access with this 'suite'. It is really just 3 rooms grouped together for convenience. I would rather pay $1000 more and get a Royal Family Suite with a huge balcony and privileges.

You do receive obc and balcony discount if applicable for booking onboard for the JS and the D2.

Thank you for getting the rates... sad about no concierge access, really enjoyed that. Really wish RCI would have reduced rates for this room...

How do these rooms work? We are 4 adults and a 2 year old. My daughter and her husband and their toddler and then the grandparents. My daughter would like to have the baby have his own space to sleep. Is this possible? From the video it looks like there are modules to separate the spaces. What category would this be?

How do these rooms work? We are 4 adults and a 2 year old. My daughter and her husband and their toddler and then the grandparents. My daughter would like to have the baby have his own space to sleep. Is this possible? From the video it looks like there are modules to separate the spaces. What category would this be?

Either have your travel agent book it for you or call royalcaribbean directly and have them book it for you.

There is a common door from the hallway, that goes into a little vestibule type area where you will then see 3 different doors that go into each cabin.

(Deck 9)One cabin is a Junior Suite(JS), one is a D7 and the inside is a Studio Inside(SI)

The good thing is you have to have aleast 5 people to book those trio of cabins, so you will have no problem booking them together as long as some are still available for the sailing you are looking at.

Do you know the sailing you want to reserve?

Jimbo:)

What is this trio called? How many cabins on the ship has this trio? I am not sure which cruise yet, probably a 12 night to the Caribbean. Would you have any idea how much per person does it run?

What is this trio called? How many cabins on the ship has this trio? I am not sure which cruise yet, probably a 12 night to the Caribbean. Would you have any idea how much per person does it run?

Well because of the quote someone got earlier, I would say about 2,700 a person????? Just guessing...

All those trio sets of cabins are already booked for the 12, 11 or 10 night sailings. You would have to go to a 8 or 7 night I believe.

They booked up really fast for those longer cruises.

Just to give you an example of prices:

For the March 13, 2015 8 Night sailing

The trio would cost:

JS Cabin 8632.........2 persons... $3806.72

D8 Cabin 8628....2 persons........$2886.72

SI Cabin 8630.....1 person..........$1648.36

Total.................................... $8341.80

qn_deck08_v2014_oct.gif

You can buy the staterooms separately as Jimbo suggests or by the 3 stateroom package called FC. For the package you have to call in.

Is it less money to book it that way?

Is it less money to book it that way?

Jimbo - We tried it that way and it did not work. To put it correctly it seemed to work but then RC cancelled that reservation. Why? Because they wanted to charge the same average price for the first 5 guest, $1802 PP for the March 8 day sailing. I posted similar comment earlier somewhere here on CC. Our TA was on he phone forever with RC trying o get his resolved. It was/is crazy to allow one to book it online and turn around and tell them the system should not allow it.

After reading these comments, I'm thinking I've paid way too much for the Family Connecting JS. I've booked for 4/2015 for a 12nighter and my final total for 6 is close to the cost of a small car!!!:eek:...a little over 14k! I wonder how I can check for price drops given the fact that they don't post the prices for this set up online...:confused: Any ideas? Thanks.

After reading these comments, I'm thinking I've paid way too much for the Family Connecting JS. I've booked for 4/2015 for a 12nighter and my final total for 6 is close to the cost of a small car!!!:eek:...a little over 14k! I wonder how I can check for price drops given the fact that they don't post the prices for this set up online...:confused: Any ideas? Thanks.

The 12 nighter is much money then the 8 nighter I quoted............that $14,000 price sounds right..........but wrong if you know what I mean.........dang that is alot of bucks for one cruise ! $2333.00 per person You will never see a price drop, all those cabins are sold for your cruise.

My quote for an 8 day would come out to $1668. 36 per person for 5 in the cabinFor the March 13, 2015 8 Night sailing

The trio would cost:

JS Cabin 8632.........2 persons... $3806.72

D8 Cabin 8628....2 persons........$2886.72

SI Cabin 8630.....1 person..........$1648.36

Total.................................... $8341.80

Like Jimbo said, there won't be any price drops as there are very few of these cabin setups. And what they will do if they don't sell is break up the cabins and sell them separately.

They want you to pay top dollar for the ability to have connecting doors between your rooms. That might be necessary if travelling with small children or elderly adults who need supervision, otherwise I think it's a lot to pay for connecting doors.

I was told by the loyalty ambassador that there are no concierge privileges with this booking, so I think it is more worthwhile to book a full suite of any kind rather than this room grouping.

There are no JS left on that sailing. Pricing out 5 people in 2 balcony cabins plus an inside gives a total of $14K as well. 5 people in 2 D1 balconies is $11K. 5 people in 2 DO (obstructed) balconies is $9K. The only suite left is a Grand Loft Suite. It's $20K for 4 people. Seems to be a popular sailing.

Archived