pre-order liquor ?

terkatz56

I see the list of all the pre-order alcohol on Holland's site. My question is, can you order something that is not on the list? I know they have Vanilla Rum on the Caribbean cruises, as I have bought some in the ship store and it was held until the cruise end. I am doing another Caribbean cruise and would like Vanilla Rum for in room consumption. Would I be better off calling Holland and asking or has anyone any information?

My other question is how do you specify for delivery to avoid state tax on the liquor?

Thanks so much:)

HI Terri - I don't know about the Vanilla rum, just wanted to say hi - when do you cruise?

Why not get a RumRunner and BYO?

I always do.

Oh man, I have just broken 2 rules, hijacked the thread, and stirred up the "you will go to hell for doing that " booze smuggling issue :D

HI Terri - I don't know about the Vanilla rum, just wanted to say hi - when do you cruise?

Why not get a RumRunner and BYO?

I always do.

Oh man, I have just broken 2 rules, hijacked the thread, and stirred up the "you will go to hell for doing that " booze smuggling issue :D

:DLOL leaving here Nov 30th for a Dec 1st Caribbean E/W Cruise AND...you know me, upstanding citizen and all:D I will contribute to Holland's cause.:)

because I love them.

I see the list of all the pre-order alcohol on Holland's site. My question is, can you order something that is not on the list? I know they have Vanilla Rum on the Caribbean cruises, as I have bought some in the ship store and it was held until the cruise end. I am doing another Caribbean cruise and would like Vanilla Rum for in room consumption. Would I be better off calling Holland and asking or has anyone any information?

My other question is how do you specify for delivery to avoid state tax on the liquor?

Thanks so much:)

Yes, you can call ships services at 1-800-541-1576 and pre-order a liquor that is not on the online list. I just did that recently to order a bottle of Jack Daniels for my DH, which was not listed and they ordered it for me over the phone. Just ask for what you want....I am sure they can probably get it for you unless it is really exotic.

By specifying "delivery at sea" I believe you can avoid the tax. I found it to be the only option when I ordered another bottle for me for the stateroom last week. It used to be there was a choice, "In Port" or "At Sea" which caused a tax to be charged if you specified In Port. They will probably have the liquor in your stateroom when you board, or shortly thereafter. At least it is nice that you can order for your stateroom at fairly reasonable prices.....a plus for HAL, IMO.

Hope they have your Vanilla Rum!:)

Thanks for the reply Krazy Kruisers.

FYI, I called and since it is not on their regular list, I have had to e-mail the beverage person and request my order. Waiting to see if it can be done :) I will also make sure that it is delivered "at sea".

If you can't pre-order your liquor of choice, don't give up hope. If they have it onboard, you might be able to buy a bottle at the bar. I don't know if that is always the case. I love Bailey's caramel, which isn't on the standard list. I ordered it one night at the Pinnacle Bar and made a comment to the bartender that I wish I could have some for my cabin. He said he could check the inventory and if they had enough, he could sell me a bottle. I think he had someone from room service deliver it to the cabin (not positive about that), but I did get my bottle. I don't remember if it was the same price as the Bailey's Irish Cream or not.

Agree about requesting delivery at sea. I've ordered Goose vodka for my husband a couple of times and asked for delivery at sea to avoid the taxes for Florida. Both times the bottle was in the cabin when we boarded.

Thanks for the reply Krazy Kruisers.

FYI, I called and since it is not on their regular list, I have had to e-mail the beverage person and request my order. Waiting to see if it can be done :) I will also make sure that it is delivered "at sea".

Hope they can fill your request.

Let us know what happens.

FYI...after contacting the beverage person for the NA, I then had to call ship's services to complete the order and make payment. Now it is a done deal and I will be able to enjoy rum punch on my balcony! Life is good :)

Archived