Where the heck on the Carnival website can you prepay your gratuities?

Canclan

There was a recent thread on this if you do a search. I believe the conclusion was- you cannot prepay your gratuities online, unless you do it through the initial booking process. If you want to prepay AFTER you have booked the cruise, you will have to call Carnival and do it over the phone.

~Katy

I didn't see the option when I booked my upcoming cruise online. So I made my deposit and called back a couple days later to add the gratuities.

They're now there, but grouped under Gov't fees/taxes section. Weird that it doesn't list them separately. But it's exactly $115 more so I know it's right.

When I view my documents, though, it lists them separately, just not in the payment section if that makes sense.

I understand the desire to prepay, believe me, but I've seen so many people on here having problems/delays getting their gratuity (and cheers) money back when cruises have been canceled. Even when the cruise is covered by insurance the grats are a separate matter. Do you really want to wait 3-4 weeks, especially when you might have the chance to quickly book another ship in that time frame? Why add to the complications.....:cool:

I understand the desire to prepay, believe me, but I've seen so many people on here having problems/delays getting their gratuity (and cheers) money back when cruises have been canceled. Even when the cruise is covered by insurance the grats are a separate matter. Do you really want to wait 3-4 weeks, especially when you might have the chance to quickly book another ship in that time frame? Why add to the complications.....:cool:

In the grand scheme of things, it's not that big of a deal. I have had someone cancel on me after final payment and taxes and gratuities were refunded quickly. Also had a cruise chartered out from under us, and all our stuff was moved over to another ship/date no problem.

In the hopefully unlikely event that a cruise is flat out cancelled, prepaid gratuities will be the furthest from my mind. You bet I will make sure they're refunded along with all the money that I'm owed. But if it comes down to it, if I can't switch to another cruise because of approx $60-$80pp, then I have more serious cash flow issues than I thought. Worse comes to worse I'll use what otherwise would be my spending money.

Port fees are more than the tips most times and they will be refunded at the same time so no biggie there either and we have to prepay those too. They are both grouped into the "refundable" part and are not covered by insurance.

But I would rather go into my cruise with a zero balance and have it be done and over with.

Everyone is different and will do what works for them.

Yes, you have to call, but on the brightside: once they have your booking pulled up, it is literally about five seconds and the change is made. :) But ITA that they should add a post-booking option to the website; it's very odd that it doesn't exist already.

I was able to prepay gratuities with carnival barclays mastercard. Until you are up in the $200 onboard credit category for points, you have to use pay more points than you get back. Like 1250 for $100 OBC. The gratuities are more = point for dollar. They are under "carnival exclusives" for anyone with a carnival mastercard who wants to do this.

Thanks everyone! I just want to pay and have it be done and over with. I guess I'll just pay when I get there.

Its very easy to do over the phone.Takes a few minutes all you need is a booking number and your card of choice. Literally a 5 minute phone call

I was able to prepay gratuities with carnival barclays mastercard. Until you are up in the $200 onboard credit category for points, you have to use pay more points than you get back. Like 1250 for $100 OBC. The gratuities are more = point for dollar. They are under "carnival exclusives" for anyone with a carnival mastercard who wants to do this.

I got Cruise Cash Bar credit for mine and it was 10,000 points for $100 instead of 12,500 for $100. And you can use it for soda, juice and the coffee bar as well as liquor purchases.

It's driving me nuts! I saw in the FAQ's you can but where?

Did you book online? If so, when you're selecting all of your options; adding the gratuities was there and it's included in the total fare.

If you booked with a PVP or TA, that is something that should have been asked; though most TA's never ask if you want to pre-pay your grats. Most assume you'll take care of it later.

Other than that, I'm not sure how it would be done. I always have mine tacked on.

Yes you can if you book through their website. There's a box you check. But since I booked through a TA, just gonna call and prepay ours.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Where is it when you book.Once you pick your cabin or rate and go into the billing section where you fill in the passengers names is it their? I have never seen it

Where is it when you book.Once you pick your cabin or rate and go into the billing section where you fill in the passengers names is it their? I have never seen it

Once you get to the billing part. Almost at the end. I believe the box is on the top of the page on the left but it's there.

Once you get to the billing part. Almost at the end. I believe the box is on the top of the page on the left but it's there.

Thanks I found it :)

Archived