Fun Factory Questions

Cruisin D

Hi and thankyou in advance for any advice you can offer.

We are looking at booking our first cruise on the Silhouette, I can't find much info on the Fun Factory, I have a 6 & 11 year old, do they have lots of activities for kids in that age group?

Are Celebrity a family friendly cruise line.

Cheers

We sailed the Silohuette its first season with my then 9 year old and he had a great time. He had previously experienced the kids programs on Carnival, NCL and Celebrity Mercury. He had fun and wanted to tbe there most days and evenings after dinner. I can't remember too much about the things they did but I know that there were a number of scavenger hunts, trivia, relay or other races (eating, build a boat and put in the pool, etc), video games, movies, etc. There is also family bingo and a family scavenger hunt.

I believe each day has a theme and the activities are based on the theme. If I get a chance (we leave on the Summit on Sunday), I may still have the kids program dailies and will try and post more specifics.

If you have a specific question I can have my now 11 year old reply.

Hi and thankyou in advance for any advice you can offer.

We are looking at booking our first cruise on the Silhouette, I can't find much info on the Fun Factory, I have a 6 & 11 year old, do they have lots of activities for kids in that age group?

Are Celebrity a family friendly cruise line.

Cheers

Yes, there's plenty to do. We just took our 6 year old son on the Reflection and they had different, themed activities every day. There weren't many kids on the sailing, but from what I've seen they keep the age groups separated in different programs, so your two may not do much together. There are always lots of options and our son has loved the fun factory on all our sailings. I'm happy to answer any questions if there's anything specific you'd like to know.

In general, Celebrity isn't as over-the-top family friendly as RCCL or Carnival, but families are still welcomed. The biggest difference is in the passengers, there are far more families on some other lines than on Celebrity. As such, you'll just find the occasional activity or area that is for adults only. Regardless, the crew and fun factory staff has always made us feel welcome on all our sailings.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Lee

We have sailed Celebrity with our kids (now 10 and 12) many times. They have always enjoyed the Fun Factory and the pools, as well as some of the evening shows (the acrobats and the magicians are their favorites). The Fun Factory is comparable to the children's programs on Princess, and not nearly as jam-packed and 'rule-nitpicky' as the ones on RCCL.

There is a reasonable kids' menu in the main dining room, and my kids enjoy using it as a backup if they don't like the offerings on the adult menu. The buffet has great kid options as well, especially the ice cream station (much nicer than the soft-serve on other cruise ships).

Your kids will have a great time!

My grandson loved the fun factory. He went there when he was 5 and again when he was 6. He loved it. When they closed at dinner time, he was sad. We ate early. They reopen at 7pm...and he was there. It has been some time since we sailed with the him. He still wants to know when he can go on the ship with the fun factory.

Archived