Nachi Coccum

hazeleyes35

Ok...we surrender. Mr sanchos vs Nachi....been to Mr Sanchos ..liked it...being that we will be there on a "national holiday" Friday March 20 thru March 23. We decided on Nachi as we are concerned about the crowds at Mr. Sanchos

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Forums mobile app

• 2 weeks later...

My wife and I will be here in January and I have a couple of questions for you experienced ones. :)

How much are the massages and where do they do them?

We arrive on Oasis of the Seas at 8am. Can anyone experienced with RCL tell me if that 8am is local time or ship's time?

thanks

My wife and I will be here in January and I have a couple of questions for you experienced ones. :)

We arrive on Oasis of the Seas at 8am. Can anyone experienced with RCL tell me if that 8am is local time or ship's time?

thanks

They have a cabana on the beach where they offer them. I want to say they were 45 dollars for 30 minutes but I could be wrong. The prices are listed on The website. My wife and I got one last time we were there. It was great.

thanks

My girlfriend got a half hour massage while we were there and loved it.

the prices were $40 for a half hour and $70 for a full hour. Plus whatever you decide to tip.

They do them in a fully covered palapa just off the beach. It's a good mix of privacy while still feeling like you are right on the beach.

that 8am is most likely local time.

thanks

Where are cruising from? :confused: Cruising from an east coast port your ship time will likely be an hour ahead of local time; cruising from New Orleans, Galveston or anywhere on Central time should already be on Coz time.

Of course in the spring and fall things get even more confused as Mexico adjusts for daylight savings on different dates from the USA. :o

Where are cruising from? :confused: Cruising from an east coast port your ship time will likely be an hour ahead of local time; cruising from New Orleans, Galveston or anywhere on Central time should already be on Coz time.

Of course in the spring and fall things get even more confused as Mexico adjusts for daylight savings on different dates from the USA. :o

We are sailing out of the east coast and I realize the ship will stay on east coast time. I am just not sure if that 8am arrival listing is east coast time or local time. Since 8am is what Royal lists I am beginning to think it will be 7am local time when we arrive. I just want to be sure we have it straight on the return to the ship. I would not want to be late. :eek:

We are sailing out of the east coast and I realize the ship will stay on east coast time. I am just not sure if that 8am arrival listing is east coast time or local time. Since 8am is what Royal lists I am beginning to think it will be 7am local time when we arrive. I just want to be sure we have it straight on the return to the ship. I would not want to be late. :eek:

You do not want to be late - although we always enjoy watching pier runners in Coz. ;)

Sounds like your ship will arrive at 7:00 local time - I'd sleep in a little, grab breakfast, and then head out in time to get to Nachi when they open at 9:00 Coz time.

Confused on ship vs local time. We will be on the Oasis in May. If we are due to arrive in Cozumel at 8 AM what time wll it be in Cozumel at that time of year? :confused: Do they go on DST?

Mexico does use Daylight Savings time, but adjusts on different days than the USA. US springs forward on 3/8/15 while Mexico waits to spring forward until April 5th.

Coming from the East coast your ship will likely stay on east coast time, meaning you will arrive at 7:00 AM Coz time. I'd sleep in a little, grab breakfast, and then head out in time to get to Nachi when they open at 9:00 Coz time.

One of the things that I learned early in cruising was to always set your watch (or cellphone, if that's what you keep time by) by the SHIP'S time. That is how you gauge how much time you have to work with when you disembark.

Be careful setting it to ship's time as many will auto adjust to local time.

Mexico does use Daylight Savings time, but adjusts on different days than the USA. US springs forward on 3/8/15 while Mexico waits to spring forward until April 5th.

Coming from the East coast your ship will likely stay on east coast time, meaning you will arrive at 7:00 AM Coz time. I'd sleep in a little, grab breakfast, and then head out in time to get to Nachi when they open at 9:00 Coz time.

Thank you!

Just got back from NC. Beach was good. NOT crowded at all. Service on the beach was good. Food was fantastic. Rented the Hobie and sailed for an hour up the coast for a bit (until I could see the Triumph) and back. Was very relaxing and we had a great time. Only knock was the drinks seemed very weak and when we went up to the hot tub and asked for drinks the bartender wasn't friendly. He wasn't discourteous, rather he seemed to dislike his job. Several times after I saw him take an order he just mumbled. After he took my order 1 drink, he mumbled something. He was staring in my direction when he did. When I asked him if he was talking to me he just shook his head. Definitely didn't want to hang around the bar after that.

Done NC twice. I'll try something else next time.

Just noticed a new update on the website:

Only 100 guests Daily!

So come, enjoy and let go... at Nachi Cocom!

Open daily from 9:00 AM to 5:00 P.M (Cozumel time)

NEW ( from 8:00 AM to 5:00 P.M. (Dec – Feb)

For cruise ship passengers arriving after noon to port we remain open until 6:30 p.m. This way you will be able to enjoy an unforgettable Sunset Beach Break at Nachi Cocom.

So looks like it's open at 8 am local time this winter:D

Lisa

Just noticed a new update on the website:

Only 100 guests Daily!

So come, enjoy and let go... at Nachi Cocom!

Open daily from 9:00 AM to 5:00 P.M (Cozumel time)

NEW ( from 8:00 AM to 5:00 P.M. (Dec – Feb)

For cruise ship passengers arriving after noon to port we remain open until 6:30 p.m. This way you will be able to enjoy an unforgettable Sunset Beach Break at Nachi Cocom.

So looks like it's open at 8 am local time this winter:D

Lisa

Thanks Lisa for that information. Looks like we can get an extra hour next month. :)

• 2 weeks later...
Just got back from NC. Beach was good. NOT crowded at all. Service on the beach was good. Food was fantastic. Rented the Hobie and sailed for an hour up the coast for a bit (until I could see the Triumph) and back. Was very relaxing and we had a great time. Only knock was the drinks seemed very weak and when we went up to the hot tub and asked for drinks the bartender wasn't friendly. He wasn't discourteous, rather he seemed to dislike his job. Several times after I saw him take an order he just mumbled. After he took my order 1 drink, he mumbled something. He was staring in my direction when he did. When I asked him if he was talking to me he just shook his head. Definitely didn't want to hang around the bar after that.

Done NC twice. I'll try something else next time.

To make sure I understand, you rented a Hobie cat at "NC" is that Nachi Cocom? OR somewhere else? Going to be in Coz first week of Feb.

• 3 weeks later...

That food looks amazing! We are debating between Nachi-Com and Papito's has anyone ever been to both? Obviously Papito's will be a lot more expensive bc of the cab ride out there but if its worth it we will do it. If we are going to do an AI experience we really want a place that has great food, drinks, and service! I read in a blog that the beach at Nachi-Coms beach is really deep and hard to walk in? Has it gotten better? TIA!

Thank you to all of you that gave all the great advice about Nachi. We had a great time here. Some fo the best advice was not ordering all the food at once. There was so much. :p

Thanks Bill, I followed along with your excellent review while you were on the cruise. I've read that the taxi fare to Nachi is $17 or thereabouts each way. How many pople were you able to split that with? Is it a max of 4 per taxi, and do they have other means to get there (such as those taxi/vans that carry about 8 people)?

*** I know that the answer may have appeared earlier in this thread, so I apologize in advance if that's the case. Thought I'd ask Bill since he was just there in case it's changed recently. ***

Thanks again for your help!

Thanks Bill, I followed along with your excellent review while you were on the cruise. I've read that the taxi fare to Nachi is $17 or thereabouts each way. How many pople were you able to split that with? Is it a max of 4 per taxi, and do they have other means to get there (such as those taxi/vans that carry about 8 people)?

*** I know that the answer may have appeared earlier in this thread, so I apologize in advance if that's the case. Thought I'd ask Bill since he was just there in case it's changed recently. ***

The Taxi thing is kind of strange. Most of the Taxi's are vans and from what i could tell they would charge you the same whether you are sharing the van or not, which is BS. I realized this on the way there where we shared the van with one other lady that wasn't even going to the same spot. (she was pretty attractive so i wasn't that upset) On the way back we were smarter about it and pretended to be a group of 4 with some people we met at the beach. If i remember correctly they charged the 4 of us $16 (may have been $11) to go to the docks.

Thanks for the pictures, Bill. That is a LOT of food! Did you order chips/appetizers first and then an entree later?

Yes we ordered the appetizer an hour or so before the entree. Then later in the afternoon we ordered dessert, a really great flan (sorry no pic).

I realize now we could have had more as we only ordered one appetizer and one dessert. We did order 2 entrees. But it was enough for us. :)

I didn't look into any other type of transportation. I do know the price quote should be for up to 4 people. Both taxi we rode in were mini vans and would have held more than 4. But I did not look at the pricing for more than 4.

That food looks amazing! We are debating between Nachi-Com and Papito's has anyone ever been to both? Obviously Papito's will be a lot more expensive bc of the cab ride out there but if its worth it we will do it. If we are going to do an AI experience we really want a place that has great food, drinks, and service! I read in a blog that the beach at Nachi-Coms beach is really deep and hard to walk in? Has it gotten better? TIA!

Marie went swimming three times and she mentioned about the pull of the current but didn't seem to have difficulty getting in or out of the water. However having not been there before I don't really have a frame of reference as to whether it is an improvement.