Brining Wine on Coral, 5/29

blondee419

Hello All!

My mom and I just got back from our Alaskan cruise aboard Coral. I'm here to report that we each brought one box of wine each (equivalent to about 4 bottles per box). We would have been fine with just one, but she and I have *very* different wine tastes!

Please let me know if you have any other questions! I hope to scan/post patters soon.

Kathryn

Hello All!

My mom and I just got back from our Alaskan cruise aboard Coral. I'm here to report that we each brought one box of wine each (equivalent to about 4 bottles per box). We would have been fine with just one, but she and I have *very* different wine tastes!

Please let me know if you have any other questions! I hope to scan/post patters soon.

Kathryn

Thanks for the info about the wine. Did you take any ship's tours or just do things on your own?

Correct, JimmyVWine, this was southbound.

We did Princess excursions in Skagway and Juneau. We walked around town in Ketchikan. I did horseback riding in Skagway, and my mom did the glacier dog sled. However, the weather was bad so the helicopter ride was modified - they couldn't land in the dog camp. Instead, they landed on a glacier and hiked around a bit. The tour was discounted. We did the White Pass & Yukon Railroad together in the afternoon.

In Juneau, we did whale watching/salmon bake/Mendenhall glacier. The weather was the best on this day, and was a great excursion.

Kathryn

Hello All!

Kathryn

Kathryn,

Was this in your carry-on or checked luggage?

We carried it on, no problems. I did have my mom carry hers and I carried mine, just in case it looked suspicious. That way we might have been able to get away with one or the other. We were fully prepared to pay for the "extra" 3 bottles of wine.

I *may* also have made sure to weare a low-ish cut shirt for embarkataion day while I can still get away with it.... Maybe.... ;-)

Kathryn

Archived