Shuttle/Taxi San Pedro to LGB

kc320

Checking rates for Super Shuttle from the San Pedro pier to Long Beach airport & seeing $83 per person...is that right?? It's only about $18 from Lax to the Crown Plaza hotel...I found a Karmel Shuttle that was $35 to long beach airport...does anyone have any experience with them?

Yikes, I think ours was more like $15 pp in February--normal price was $18pp, but we used a coupon--you can goggle for them.

Are you sure that what you are looking at isn't a private car--though that price seems high even for that? Our shuttle held 8-12, was right on time and very convenient.

We've used Super Shuttle 4 times now with no problems at all.

Oops, edited to say that I just noticed you are going to Long Beach airport, not LAX. I have no experience with that, though it still seems high.

When we did this trip, the cab was a flat rate of $45.00 from San Pedro pier to LGB; the rate is posted inside the cab. It may be slightly more now, but it was per cab for up to 4 people, not per person.

I'm thinking you read that $83.00 incorrectly?....

When we did this trip, the cab was a flat rate of $45.00 from San Pedro pier to LGB; the rate is posted inside the cab. It may be slightly more now, but it was per cab for up to 4 people, not per person.

I'm thinking you read that $83.00 incorrectly?....

I just checked. The quote for $83 is for a private car. :eek:

Taxi is approximately $45 (according to TaxiFareFinder)http://www.taxifarefinder.com/main.php?city=LA&from=San+Pedro%2C+CA+90731&to=Long+Beach+Airport%2C+Long+Beach%2C+CA

For whatever reason they do not seem to offer a Shuttle from the San Pedro Pier to LGB...for $63 I could do an Express SUV...whatever that is..since I am traveling solo I may just go with the cab..it would be quicker for sure...

Checking rates for Super Shuttle from the San Pedro pier to Long Beach airport & seeing $83 per person...is that right?? It's only about $18 from Lax to the Crown Plaza hotel...I found a Karmel Shuttle that was $35 to long beach airport...does anyone have any experience with them?

I do not know the rate for San Pedro to Long Beach airport but I can comment on Karmel shuttle. I used them to go from Long Beach downtown to LAX. They were on time and they were there waiting for us on our return trip. I would highly recommend them.

Here's one to think about with the cabs (unless I got the wrong info last year while researching them for a possible pickup): if you're not getting a flat rate, then your fare is based on both distance and travel time. With some of the rate finder websites, you are asked to plug in your desired time for pick up (or they go by the current time) as well as destination and that's how they give you an estimated fare. But maybe that's not the case for airport to pier fares (I was looking at house to pier myself). So you need to know if the fare you're looking at is a flat rate or not. And traveling to the pier or airport in the morning would be more expensive than at other times; as well as holiday times involving the airport as there tends to be more traffic around there.

Also if you are looking at a shuttle service website, some don't have quotes for every possible combination of pick up location and drop off place. But you can email them and tell them when your estimated arrival time is at the airport and which hotel you're staying at, plus number of passengers, and approximate amount of luggage. They'll reply with a quote. I did this last fall and just about every company I had requested a quote from answered me within a couple of days, if not hours.

Archived