Future Cruise Deposits - using mine for theirs!

GHDPeter

I just booked a cruise for my birthday next May (2014). I had 2 unused Future Cruise Deposits and Princess allowed me to use my extra one for my travelling companion. He did not receive any OBC but it made the booking procedure a lot easier. Is this normal, I thought FCD were not transferable.

I just booked a cruise for my birthday next May (2014). I had 2 unused Future Cruise Deposits and Princess allowed me to use my extra one for my travelling companion. He did not receive any OBC but it made the booking procedure a lot easier. Is this normal, I thought FCD were not transferable.

You could have just put down $100 for your friend if you did have/want to use your second FCC. Using it means you will not have one if you want to book a Princess cruise in the next 11 months.

I booked with a FCC. A few weeks later a friend decided to join me. It will be her first cruise. She was able to leave a $100 deposit because I had used an FCC, but she receives no OBC. That is standard practice. Both parties do not need an FCC, only if you want the OBC.

You could have just put down $100 for your friend if you did have/want to use your second FCC. Using it means you will not have one if you want to book a Princess cruise in the next 11 months.

Im happy to use the FCC, we have 2 cruises booked for October so we will get new ones then.

The May cruise booking was with a TA and I was sitting there with him when he was on the phone to them and they asked him if I wanted to use both as our deposits. We were both surprised by the offer.

Im happy to use the FCC, we have 2 cruises booked for October so we will get new ones then.

The May cruise booking was with a TA and I was sitting there with him when he was on the phone to them and they asked him if I wanted to use both as our deposits. We were both surprised by the offer.

you was very lucky to get away with it as they can only buy the FCC whilst on the cruise, maybe because he's a TA he can do it but they should not get the FCC benefits

you was very lucky to get away with it as they can only buy the FCC whilst on the cruise, maybe because he's a TA he can do it but they should not get the FCC benefits

It wasnt the TA that did it, it was the Princess rep he was talking to that saw I had 2 FCC and asked if I wanted to use both.

My TA and I were both surprised by the offer as we were both of the understanding that we could not use them that way.

I did have another experience recently when I upgraded another booking from a Balcony to a Minisuite and they let me use another FCC to make up the difference of deposits.

I always buy at least 2 when I cruise because I think they are a great deal.

It wasnt the TA that did it, it was the Princess rep he was talking to that saw I had 2 FCC and asked if I wanted to use both.

My TA and I were both surprised by the offer as we were both of the understanding that we could not use them that way.

I did have another experience recently when I upgraded another booking from a Balcony to a Minisuite and they let me use another FCC to make up the difference of deposits.

I always buy at least 2 when I cruise because I think they are a great deal.

as i said you was lucky and i hope the TA doesnt get the FCC benefits as its not fair on other people......once he's on the cruise he can buy as many as he likes for himself.....the princess rep should know better

I don't understand why this is not fair for others. The cruiser will still end up paying the full amount for the cruise and the OP misses out on the second lot of OBC -to me it's only the OP who's missing out and it was his choice to use the letter.

I don't understand why this is not fair for others. The cruiser will still end up paying the full amount for the cruise and the OP misses out on the second lot of OBC -to me it's only the OP who's missing out and it was his choice to use the letter.

why should the TA or anyone else who was not on a cruise be allowed to use someones else's FCC when its not in their name, as long as they dont get the FCC's benefits the OP is losing out on the 2nd lot of OBC

The OP is not getting away with anything, they simply used the $100 value of the FCC as the deposit for the friend; same as if he had decided to cancel his use of that FCC, received a refund and used the refunded $100 as a companion deposit.

The friend does not receive any OBC, and anyone who books with an FCC can book companions for the same $100 deposit, just no OBC for them.

The OP is not getting away with anything, they simply used the $100 value of the FCC as the deposit for the friend; same as if he had decided to cancel his use of that FCC, received a refund and used the refunded $100 as a companion deposit.

The friend does not receive any OBC, and anyone who books with an FCC can book companions for the same $100 deposit, just no OBC for them.

in Australia some of our cruises that people dont have an FCC have to pay $1500 deposit...... any person that has bought an FCC for $100 in their name can have that FCC applied to that booking and receive all the benefits that they are entitled to and pay no more until final payment

in the US what do you people pay as a deposit for a cruise from 26-49 days, us aussies pay $1500 without an FCC....it pays to buy an FCC for $100 pp

the OP did not state how long their cruise was for in may 2014 that they had booked using the FCC

Hi All, Sorry for any confusion, here are the facts.

Cruise Details

C412 - Sea Princess - 7 night - Queensland Coastal Cruise - 18 May 2014.

Passengers - PS & SM

TA - JS

PS had 2 Future Cruise Deposits with Princess

SM Had no current FCD

The TA quoted a price for a Mini Suite (MB) and a deposit of $391.00 ( another TA (an AU dedicated Cruise TA quoted $99 pp higher with an OBC of $90 pp and a deposit of $800!)

When I (PS) went to TA to confirm booking and pay deposit he (JS) called Princess to make sure the quote was still current just in case there was a better fare during the RP Sale. I was sitting opposite him and when he was booking he informed the Princess rep that I wanted to use the FCC, the rep then asked if I wanted to use the other one as well as the deposit for SM. The TA (JS) queried if this was allowed and was told by the rep yes.

The TA (JS) receives no benefit from me using the FCC for both of us except that he does not have to worry about the deposit and payment to Princess.

The TA (JS) and I (PS) were both of the belief that the FCC could only be used by the person whose name was on it.

My travelling companion receives no extra benefit and was not given the OBC, only the value of $100 towards the cruise fare.

I should point out the SM is my business partner so the issue of using my FCC does not exist between us.

We are booked on b2b cruises in October 2013, so will replenish both of our supplies of FCC.

I don't believe that I would have been able to use both the FCC if I had booked directly with Princess online.

This is the 2nd time recently that Princess have allowed me to use my FCC in a way that I was not expecting, the other was for the 2nd October cruise where I upgraded to a M4 Mini Suite from a Balcony and they took the $ value of the FCCs that we both had as the difference in deposits.

I'm wondering if, because the FCC now have the 2 yr validity instead of the previous 4 yr, they are trying to "process" them as quickly as possible to remove them from having to be refunded.

Archived