Dress code b'fast and lunch

beryl patricia

Hi we are on 2 day cruise on 16th June and would like to know if shorts are ok for breakfast and lunch in the Britannia - I have read cunard FAQ but not very clear.

Thanks for any advice.

Yes they are. I'm assuming you're thinking of something like this:

i-KcTsDNW-L.jpg

As it's probably a little early in the morning for this kind of thing.

i-n6f9vX2-L.jpg

https://ask.cunard.com/help/cunard/life-on-board/dress_code says:

"What will the dress code be whilst I am on board?"

During the day casual shirts, shorts, trousers and beachwear are ideal. The main restaurants require a casual wear dress code for breakfast and lunch, however you may wear shorts in either the Kings Court (Queen Mary 2) or Lido Restaurant (Queen Victoria & Queen Elizabeth). ...

During the day casual shirts, shorts, trousers and beachwear are ideal. The main restaurants require a casual wear dress code for breakfast and lunch, however you may wear shorts in either the Kings Court (Queen Mary 2) or Lido Restaurant (Queen Victoria & Queen Elizabeth). ...

From my reading of this, shorts are not appropriate for the MDR but are OK for the buffet for breakfast and lunch.

I am thinking of women's dress here not men's shorts. I can't remember what people wore at lunch/breakfast but know I did not do shorts (weather was quite cool from memory and the body is not a good look in them).

Which contradicts this.

DAYTIME WEAR

Stylish casual-wear, including shorts and smart jeans, is fine during the day on board, in keeping with the ship's elegant surroundings. Swimsuits, micro shorts, sarongs and gym wear should be reserved for pool-side, on deck or in the Spa and Fitness Centre and please note that swimwear must be covered up before entering any enclosed areas.

Whitemarsh, beachwear ("clothing suitable for wearing on the beach, though not necessarily for swimming in") isn't synonymous with swimsuits ("bathing suits"). Perhaps it all depends on how high the water is in the restaurants when you dine.

Whitemarsh, beachwear ("clothing suitable for wearing on the beach, though not necessarily for swimming in") isn't synonymous with swimsuits ("bathing suits"). Perhaps it all depends on how high the water is in the restaurants when you dine.

What do you mean?

Good question as I had just assumed shorts were a 'no, no' in the formal dining areas of ther ship. I will be keeping an eye on this thread as I am a 'shorts' type person although I am not sure I will wear them at those locations.

Good question as I had just assumed shorts were a 'no, no' in the formal dining areas of ther ship. I will be keeping an eye on this thread as I am a 'shorts' type person although I am not sure I will wear them at those locations.

Tailored shorts with belt is totally acceptable in Brittania Restaurant for Breakfast and Lunch

gantlb.jpg.70b0a2bc7839231061df029b1a99d761.jpg

Tailored shorts with belt is totally acceptable in Brittania Restaurant for Breakfast and Lunch

Thank you Pennbank and that is what I will be wearing during the day in warmer climates :).

My thoughts regarding this clothing issue is I will be wearing clothing I am comfortable in but of course I will respect the various Cunard dress codes hence my query regqrding this interesting question :)

Archived