Just off Radiance 7-night Northbound Alaska!

Just an observation from our May 17th cruise.....The whales were very close to where Radiance was anchored in ISP and some of the best viewing actually was from the tenders and standing on the beach near the bonfire location...the whale watching boats were all in this area too...So this time a tour wasn't necessary :D

When we were in ISP last year, we missed the whales. The locals told us they were there in the morning and unfortunately we missed them. Our ship, the Century, dropped anchor in the afternoon.

We also saw whales near the ship, but the boat tour went a little further out to point adolphus- which is a well-known area for humpbacks. There were quite a few people, but there is plenty of seating and when the boat stops in the area of the whales, they open up a bow viewing area, as well as a viewing area on the top deck. the boat was stopped for probably an hour or so-constantly readjusting position. Many people went back inside after the first 20 minutes or so and i never felt like i couldn't see because of the people.

Thank you :)

Hi clarea, my earlier post thread in this post says we did Alaska on Rhapsody we also had a GS and they are awesome. Enjoy.

Send from device_name using Cruise Critic your_app_name App

WOW!! what a great week! radiance is a beautiful ship and we had a great time. I will be happy to answer any questions. We were in a GS, hit most of the speciality restaurants, including chef's table, had a wine package, and tried out the luggage valet/drop off service. We did a few RCL excursions, an outside tour vendor, and did Juneau on our own.

Happy to answer any questions. wish my house would stop rocking, though!

So you are still in motion with the ocean huh? Makes you feel like you are still on the cruise. Glad you had a great time. We are looking at doing an Alaskan cruise sometime and want to go on the Radiance.

Thank you so much! Was Rita's Cantina open for lunch on embarkation day? If so, what hours?

I didn't check but if it opened it would have been 2pm. That is the daily opening time. They need the space for windjammer seating prior to that time.

I didn't check but if it opened it would have been 2pm. That is the daily opening time. They need the space for windjammer seating prior to that time.

Thank you very much! That is very interesting! It never opened for lunch before 2:00 p.m.? Huh!

Hello,

My husband and I are thinking of doing the 19 Day Ultimate Cruise Tour of the Canadian Rockies and Alaska. It leaves out of Calgary CA and sails from Vancouver to Stika and then on to Fairbanks, or reverse.

Has anyone done this cruise and can tells up what you think? Sounds interesting and are places we would love to visit.

Thanks for any input.

Was Rita's Cantina open for lunch on embarkation day? If so, what hours?

I will have to look at the Compass that i brought home. we went to the Park Cafe, so i didn't notice if Rita's was open. I will find out and get back with you!

I will have to look at the Compass that i brought home. we went to the Park Cafe, so i didn't notice if Rita's was open. I will find out and get back with you!

Thank you so much! I really appreciate it! Someone else has reported that Rita's Cantina never opened for lunch earlier than 2:00 p.m. because the seating was utilized for the Windjammer prior to that. Can you please confirm if that is true?

Hello fellow cruisers, just trying to get some tips and suggestions on what excursions to take on this cruise as it's our first cruise to Europe. We are sailing to toulon, france...nice, france...livorno, italy...rome, italy...and naples, italy...thanks alot !!

Hello fellow cruisers, just trying to get some tips and suggestions on what excursions to take on this cruise as it's our first cruise to Europe. We are sailing to toulon, france...nice, france...livorno, italy...rome, italy...and naples, italy...thanks alot !!

Welcome to Cruise Critic!

You should post your question in the roll call for your cruise. The roll call has the people that are on your specific cruise. Here is a link:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1711965

Archived