Just off Radiance 7-night Northbound Alaska!

Thank you so much! I really appreciate it! Someone else has reported that Rita's Cantina never opened for lunch earlier than 2:00 p.m. because the seating was utilized for the Windjammer prior to that. Can you please confirm if that is true?

Rita's was open 2-9:30 each day except for the first day. On boarding day it didn't open until 6pm. I guess that is because it is muster drill day and all venues must be shut down during that time. Also, that area is needed for the windjammer when everyone eats there as soon as they board. We've been on Radiance quite a few times since the refurbishment and Rita's has opened at 2 from the start - except on boarding day.

I'm still living out of my suitcase since disembarking and my cruise compasses are handy. I looked at each day's compass to verify that this info is correct.

Rita's was open 2-9:30 each day except for the first day. On boarding day it didn't open until 6pm. I guess that is because it is muster drill day and all venues must be shut down during that time. Also, that area is needed for the windjammer when everyone eats there as soon as they board. We've been on Radiance quite a few times since the refurbishment and Rita's has opened at 2 from the start - except on boarding day.

I'm still living out of my suitcase since disembarking and my cruise compasses are handy. I looked at each day's compass to verify that this info is correct.

Thank you so much! I really appreciate it! I guess we won't be eating lunch there! Just dinner!

8999237730_88bb52e5ae.jpg

We did the Bering Sea tour also...and are fans of Deadliest Catch. This was one of the things that we were really looking forward to..and it didn't disappoint. Such a great family operation with the owner's (David Levine) wife and both daughters working onboard. Did they tell your group that they sell their quota permit for king crab to Keith on the Wizard each season since they don't really fish anymore..so many interesting facts to those of us that are fans would understand. Also exciting to meet Derek who took over as captain on the Cornelia Marie when Phil passed away..he had some great stories.

Thanks for the pictures..I have no idea how to post the ones we got and also the amazing video DH got of the bald eagles WOW!

We did the Bering Sea tour also...and are fans of Deadliest Catch. This was one of the things that we were really looking forward to..and it didn't disappoint. Such a great family operation with the owner's (David Levine) wife and both daughters working onboard. Did they tell your group that they sell their quota permit for king crab to Keith on the Wizard each season since they don't really fish anymore..so many interesting facts to those of us that are fans would understand. Also exciting to meet Derek who took over as captain on the Cornelia Marie when Phil passed away..he had some great stories.

Thanks for the pictures..I have no idea how to post the ones we got and also the amazing video DH got of the bald eagles WOW!

been on loads of shore excursions and this is at the top of my akk-time favorite list! loved all the stories!

Hi

We are heading off on Radiance next March (long wait I know) and are considering the Chef's Table. What was your experience like, good, bad or ugly and would you recommend. We are travelling with friends and our group for dinner will probably be 6 people, how early did you book and was it easy to get the night you wanted?

Hi

We are heading off on Radiance next March (long wait I know) and are considering the Chef's Table. What was your experience like, good, bad or ugly and would you recommend. We are travelling with friends and our group for dinner will probably be 6 people, how early did you book and was it easy to get the night you wanted?

Chef's Table was one of, if not the, best meals i have ever had in my entire life in any country or restaurant. We booked the end of February for a May 31st sailing, so that must have been as soon as the dinner reservations were open to me. We booked the second night of the cruise and had no trouble getting a reservation. You and your friends will completely enjoy it. the food was amazing and if you are dining with some friends, that will only enhance the experience. The tabel seats 16, so you will make some new friends, too. Our chef was Chef Nick, who is responsible for all the speciality restaurants. We saw him all over the ship and he always came and talked to us about what and where we were eating next. it is expensive, but you will be eating and drinking for 3 hours. Go!

8997313411_9b8de8a070_n.jpgCrab pots

8997316245_e3ddecb390_n.jpgKing Crab

This definitely will be on my excursion list to do. How fantastic to be able to be so close to such an amazing creature, also loved the eagle shots. The photo bug in me is already chomping her feet in anticipation!!

Send from device_name using Cruise Critic your_app_name App

Yes, but we only ate in the MDR twice. Pimento and Jasmine (lobster night). Not sure how i feel about them. I had lasagna on Pimento night and prime rib on jasmine night. we had such amazing meals at the other restaurants-MDR was just ok compared to them!

Which nights were Pimento and Jasmine on the Radiance? On other ships that have rolled out the new menus, Pimento seems to usually be Day 3, but sometimes 4, while Jasmine can be either Day 5 or 6, so it'll be interesting to see what the order is here (and if you know any of the other nights, that would be helpful too!)

Did you try the Samba Grill Brazillian Steakhouse? If so, what was the experience like? What meats did you enjoy? Thx for any info on this.

AHHHHHH---the meat avalanche! Samba was really good, but you had better be hungry. And don't eat too many of the yummy cheese rolls they serve-even though you will want to! There were probably 9 different types of meat. Several different cuts of beef, chicken, sausage, couple different porks, a lamb i think. I stopped after 7-just couldn't jam anymore food in. maybe if i had fewer rolls! It was a really good dinner. It is in a weird location on Radiance- way up front by the sport court on 12, but it was good!

Which nights were Pimento and Jasmine on the Radiance? On other ships that have rolled out the new menus, Pimento seems to usually be Day 3, but sometimes 4, while Jasmine can be either Day 5 or 6, so it'll be interesting to see what the order is here (and if you know any of the other nights, that would be helpful too!)

Pimento was 4 and Jasmine was the 2nd formal night, night 6

AHHHHHH---the meat avalanche! Samba was really good, but you had better be hungry. And don't eat too many of the yummy cheese rolls they serve-even though you will want to! There were probably 9 different types of meat. Several different cuts of beef, chicken, sausage, couple different porks, a lamb i think. I stopped after 7-just couldn't jam anymore food in. maybe if i had fewer rolls! It was a really good dinner. It is in a weird location on Radiance- way up front by the sport court on 12, but it was good!

Yummmmm!! Did you both have any of your wines from your list when sampling the different meat selections? This sounds like a lot of fun to try and thx for the cheese roll warning. ;)

This definitely will be on my excursion list to do. How fantastic to be able to be so close to such an amazing creature, also loved the eagle shots. The photo bug in me is already chomping her feet in anticipation!!

That's so funny. I was wondering if you were that enthusiastic about crabs at home. But then I saw that you were from Kansas :o and I better understand your enthusiasm for them. :D:):D

King Crab is my favorite, but our Dungeness crabs are pretty tasty too. :D

That's so funny. I was wondering if you were that enthusiastic about crabs at home. But then I saw that you were from Kansas :o and I better understand your enthusiasm for them. :D:):D

King Crab is my favorite, but our Dungeness crabs are pretty tasty too. :D

Lol!! I grew up along the central coast of California in between Dad's new base assignments from Uncle Sam so I still have a great love for seafood and all the fascinating creatures she holds.

• 2 weeks later...
WOW!! what a great week! radiance is a beautiful ship and we had a great time. I will be happy to answer any questions. We were in a GS, hit most of the speciality restaurants, including chef's table, had a wine package, and tried out the luggage valet/drop off service. We did a few RCL excursions, an outside tour vendor, and did Juneau on our own.

Happy to answer any questions. wish my house would stop rocking, though!

Would you by chance happen to have the Daily Compass for each day? I would like to send them to our party so that we can get an idea of anything we may want to do together before hand.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Archived