If you dined with Jack Williams.......

OK, Celebrity's Chairman and COO. If you were sat at a dinner table with him, what would you say/ask (apart from "Are you paying?")?

Phil

Mercury Western Caribbean November 2002

Galaxy Eastern Caribbean November 2003

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;11;13;18;0;00&timezone=GMT-0600 <BR

Until Galaxy Panama Canal Out Of Galveston

13th November 2004

<center>

<a href="http://www.escati.com/counter98/free_time_codes.htm">

time98.gif</center>

[This message was edited by excitedofharpenden on 05-11-04 at 04:22 PM.]

First I'd have to ask for traditional dining to cancel out Andee's request and then see if we could have a word about that pesky single supplement. I'm okay with 150% although I would like to see it lowered two weeks before sailing on ships that don't sell out for us 'regulars' that sail single often. And then I'd tell him of all the wonderful things I love that I hope they never change like how the staff is always so great and those icy towels by the pool and when you come back from a hot tour! And how great the food is, but could we please bring back the medium rare beef. I love the spa and I love that they are keeping the two small ships and I love the shareholders benefit and the onboard credit for booking onboard, the Martini Bars, the formal nights, the cruise critic parties, mostly everything. Oh, and could he loosen up the slots 'just a little'.

Until the Zenith! Second X Cruise In Two Months!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2004;4;11;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

let me first correct you: the question should read "if jack williams dined with me"

ans that would never happen. the table would be too crowded with rosie, lois, reggie, danno,

newt, rusty, phil, longboyfan, and an assorted buch of other psychos plu their wives and hubbys. jack has got to find an other table

So a table for 30 then Duck.... I would go along with that icon_smile.gif

Phil

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;11;13;18;0;00&timezone=GMT-0600<BR

13th November 2004

<center>

time98.gif</center>

And Duck. What's with this psycho thing? I'm just the same as every one else on this board.......Oh perhaps you're right.

Phil

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;11;13;18;0;00&timezone=GMT-0600<BR

13th November 2004

<center>

time98.gif</center>

Hey Duck,

Who you calling psycho???????????? LOL We're the sanest bunch I know! icon_wink.gif

Rosie

E-mail me <a href="mailto:JNLROSE@AOL.COM">here</a href>

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;11;26;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0800

CELEBRITY MERCURY HERE I COME!!!

Now Duck----what shoes are you talking about?? Newt has a new pair he's sporting tonight!! icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

I agree with Tuggers too, (sorry Andee) but I LOVE the traditional dining on Celebrity--when I decide I don't, I will sail another line!! icon_wink.gif

On a serious note, I would ask Jack to possibly hire better experienced people or train existing Customer Service reps better!

Rosie

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;11;26;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0800

Man Les,

How many threads did you have removed today anyway???? Seems like some are missing?!! Does someone not have a sense of humor??!! It would appear that person wears a certain color of shoes too! Check with Newt on THAT!!! icon_biggrin.gif

Rosie

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by DUCK33:

let me first correct you: the question should read "if jack williams dined with me"

ans that would never happen. the table would be too crowded with rosie, lois, reggie, danno,

newt, rusty, phil, longboyfan, and an assorted buch of other psychos plu their wives and hubbys. jack has got to find an other table<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Duck, it sounds like you are jealous since you are not sitting at the table. Don't worry, my wife and I will sit with you, your wife, and baby duck. icon_smile.gif

neal

i would gladly welcome you and the mrs. no not jealous at all i'm just not impressed by the "brass" and would much rather have dinner with my friends than a muckaday muck. i am one whose not overly impressed by status and would find no pleausre in stating i had dinner with soo and so. dont get me wrong he may be a great guy in that case i have no problem having dinner and chewing a rug. but to get excited about having dinner with a person i never met because of his/her position....sorry not my style. thats probablly the reason it took me soooo long to get promoted icon_biggrin.gif

Dine with him? I will be happy if only I could get an E Mail to him, instead of "Nellie at the front desk, who never knows the answer"

I would "suggest" that he tie his Marketing VP and Asst VP to an ICBM, light the blue paper and fire them off into space.

Many other lines are putting out "print outs" of their 2005 schedules,some are even booking ships over 18months ahead.(you can book QM2 for Dec 2005) - yet Celebrity staff say "its not listed in the computer, so I cannot help you"

With so many ports in the eastern Med and Near East no longer available it would make sense to use out own territory, 15 day to Hawaii out of San Diego or San Francisco, or Bahamas, Bermuda,and the southern states of the East Coast

HAL has a 30 day going to Hawaii, Bora Bora, Papeete etc out of San Diego, would love the trip but not on HAL (too many wheelchairs, walkers, oxygen bottles and hearing aids, last time I was on HAL I thought I had booked into a nursing home by mistake- and I am 78! -pity the 50 yr olds)

Mr.Williams really should get stir up his Marketing staff and his Public Relations people, when something goes wrong (like the recent Infinity situation) PR acts like tortoises, they tuck their heads into their shells, go into hibernation and hope the public will go away.

The staff on board are great but Head Office have a seige mentality .

------

Thank you Tessea! I'm glad someone jumped on this single supplement thing, I always find lots of singles when I travel but not many on the boards. The only ones I know on here are you, me, Lois and duke of earl. If you're out there, let us know!

Until the Zenith! Second X Cruise In Two Months!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2004;4;11;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

1. Allow infants in swim diapers in the pool. Disney can do it, why can't you set aside a pool and allow infants who are not potty trained some swim time?

2. Institute some version of personal choice dining. For many 6pm is too early and 8:30pm is too late too eat. For people coming from the East Coast and cruising Alaska, an 8:30 dining time has their body thinking it is 1:30 in the morning.

3. Include the charge of tipping in your fares and not put the burden on your passengers to pay a large portion of your staff's wages. Pay your employees a fair wage with those increased fares.

4. Do not charge for soda.

5. Empower your frontline employees to make the passenger happy without always having to "defer to Miami". Stick by them even if they make a decision that might cost the company a little money yet reward the company in dividends from future cruises by otherwise disgruntled employees.

6. Offer more perks like free internet access to those CC cruisers who have attained a certain level.

7. Take Westin Hotel's lead and lower prices for those items sold in your mini-bars. Look at how their revenue increased by lowering their snacks and drinks to a more reasonable but still at a premium.

"People don't know there's such a thing as recreational defibrillation" - Walter Becker on NPR

Glad to know you think your name is Jack Williams. This thread is asking what would you say or ask if you did dine with him.

I believe there are already kids pools that other "adults" have used when no kids were around when there are already "adults" only pools. No harm in asking for it especially on a cruise with lots of kids.

"People don't know there's such a thing as recreational defibrillation" - Walter Becker on NPR

Archived