UPDATED List of Current Cruise Directors (CD)

According to this list, my Nov. 22nd sailing will have Ricky Mathews for one day, then someone else for the remainder of the cruise. Is that correct?

What ship are you talking about? For most ships, we do not have information as far in advance as November.

It sounds like you are not looking at the most current list, but rather a list from the first pages of this thread which are almost a year old. You need to look at the last page of the thread for the current list.

The current info on Ricky is that he is on Grandeur until the end of May.

Edited to add: After looking back a few pages, I was able to figure out that you are referring to the November 2013 schedule for Oasis. For 2014, we know that Drew Devine expects to be onboard Oasis until mid-November, but the exact turnover date is not yet known, and we do not yet know who will be following him as CD

Edited by DonnaK

Bingo jerome will be the cruise dire to just got a message from Richard as for the freedom should get a answer soon the drummer from the Latin trio is a friend of mine he will check for me

Thank you! I think that this is the info that everyone is waiting for!

Looks like Jerome Sueur will be replacing Rich for two months on Liberty.

Adventure OTS - Mercedes Lafuente started January 19 (until when? Then who?)

Allure OTS - Ken Rush Nov 24 until sometime in February, then Allan Brooks. (need handover date)

Anthem OTS - There will be a 2 person take-out team (Ken Rush and ?) for the first 6-8 weeks, then Joff Eaton is expected to be the regular CD of this ship.

Brilliance OTS - Steve Davis from January 24 until the end of May

Enchantment OTS - Marc Walker January 10 until mid-May. Mitch Merucci will be filling-in from mid-May until mid-July, followed by Marc for another 4 months.

Explorer OTS - Leigh Xuereb October 5 until February 9. Then, Keith Williams until April 19 to cover Leigh's break, followed by Leigh for another 4 months

Freedom OTS - Mike Hunnerup from December 22 through mid-late February. (exact date? then who?)

Grandeur OTS - Ricky Matthews started on January 31 for 4 months.

Independence OTS - Joff Eaton November 2 to the end of March (exact date?). Joff will be returning on May 17 through Sept 2014 (Fill-in for April and May 2014 not yet known).

Jewel OTS - Dennis Charles from January 11 until March 15. Then Carly Boileau returns on March 15 for 4 months, followed by Dennis for 2 months.

Legend OTS - Paul Rutter January 24 until March 17. Topi Ylönen starts on March 17 for the 2014 European Season

Liberty OTS - Rich Edwards Oct 6 until Feb 10, then Jerome Sueur for 2 months, then Rich for 4 months. (exact turnover dates?)

Majesty OTS - Jerome Sueur started December 6 until February 10, then Simona Ferraiuolo.

Mariner OTS - Gordon Whatman started on January 20 for 7 weeks (until March 15? Then who? Dan Whitney?)

Navigator OTS - Ship returns from drydock on Feb 5. John Perry will be CD until Feb 16. Then, Mitch Merucci will be filling in from Feb 16 until John Perry returns from his break in mid-April.

Oasis OTS - Allan Brooks until Feb 8, then Jimmy Rhodes from Feb 8 until March 8. Then, Drew Devine March 8 through May 17. Then, Rico duBriel May 17 through July 19. Then Drew Devine July 19 through mid-November.

Quantum OTS - Jimmy Rhodes will be taking out the ship and continuing on as its regular CD. Ken Rush will also be onboard for the first 6-8 weeks doing behind the scenes duties to provide a smooth take out

Radiance OTS - Amy Fickert began on November 16 until March 3, and will return after her break. (who will be filling-in during Amy's break? for 2 months?)

Rhapsody OTS - Ken Jones Nov 19 through Feb 1. Graham Seymour returns from his break on Feb 1 for 6 months through August 1 (per Graham: Ken is a Canadian gent, funny, great stage presence)

Serenade OTS - John Blair started February 1 until March 16, then Anthony Richards.

Splendour OTS - Michelle Pimentinha started Dec 8 for the South American season

Vision OTS - Rico du Breil for the Panama season, Nov 11 through April 26

Voyager OTS - Luke Aerowsmith October 24 for the repositioning and for the Australian season. Lixin Fang is expected to return for the Asian season

Richard Spacey is now Manager of Entertainment, Activities and Family Strategy Development for Celebrity Cruises in their corporate offices in Miami, working alongside Becky Thompson.

Dave Chapman has left RCCL. He is taking an extended break, and then he will be moving over to another cruiseline.

James Andrews is a real estate agent in Sydney

Mike Szwajkowski is a Canadian Mountie

Leo Papa at Cornell University working on a Master's degree in Hospitality Administration/Management

Anna Bass is now Client Services Manager at ISS London

Abe Hughes is Entertainment Director at The Venetian

João Pereira left RCI in May 2013 and is now studying Portuguese/English education and translation at Faculdades Metropolitanas Unidas in Brazil

Kirk Detweiler is now CD with Silversea cruises.

Bill Brunkhorst and Bobby Brown are currently on break.

(If anyone knows the whereabouts of other former RCI cruise directors, I'd be happy to add them to the end of this list, as there seems to be a lot of questions about them)

What ship are you talking about? For most ships, we do not have information as far in advance as November.

It sounds like you are not looking at the most current list, but rather a list from the first pages of this thread which are almost a year old. You need to look at the last page of the thread for the current list.

The current info on Ricky is that he is on Grandeur until the end of May.

Edited to add: After looking back a few pages, I was able to figure out that you are referring to the November 2013 schedule for Oasis. For 2014, we know that Drew Devine expects to be onboard Oasis until mid-November, but the exact turnover date is not yet known, and we do not yet know who will be following him as CD

What's up with Grandeur! It seems like they are rotating CD through there every few months.

What's up with Grandeur! It seems like they are rotating CD through there every few months.

I think it's just the season for shake-ups and switching CDs around. It's a common time for CDs to be reassigned to different ships. Majesty, Navigator, Oasis, Freedom, Splendour, Serenade, Radiance, Explorer, Enchantment also have new regular CDs and/or new fill-in CDs to cover the regular's break.

Edited by DonnaK

I think it's just the season for shake-ups and switching CDs around. It's a common time for CDs to be reassigned to different ships. Majesty, Navigator, Oasis, Freedom, Splendour, Serenade, Radiance, Explorer, Enchantment also have new regular CDs and/or new fill-in CDs to cover the regular's break.

It always seems the same each year, it is good for us as it keeps things fresher and more fun to Cruise.

I believe this is old info - I think that is what he left Freedom to do, but didn't stay there long. I was surprised to see him on a sailing out of Baltimore on Enchantment about 2 years ago. He's working with the Port Shopping people, officially, he is the "Director of Port Revenue Operations at Royal Media Partners".

On a happy note - he got married in October.

Abe Hughes is Entertainment Director at The Venetian

Regarding Freedom:

Per crown and anchor Casey Pelter is the cd replacing Mike Hunnerup.

Regarding Abe Hughes:

I believe this is old info - I think that is what he left Freedom to do, but didn't stay there long. I was surprised to see him on a sailing out of Baltimore on Enchantment about 2 years ago. He's working with the Port Shopping people, officially, he is the "Director of Port Revenue Operations at Royal Media Partners". On a happy note - he got married in October.

Allure OTS - Ken Rush Nov 24 until sometime in February, then Allan Brooks. (need handover date)

Anthem OTS - There will be a 2 person take-out team (Ken Rush and ?) for the first 6-8 weeks, then Joff Eaton is expected to be the regular CD of this ship.

Enchantment OTS - Marc Walker January 10 until mid-May. Mitch Merucci will be filling-in from mid-May until mid-July followed by Marc for another 4 months.

Explorer OTS - Leigh Xuereb October 5 until February 9. Then, Keith Williams until April 19 to cover Leigh's break, followed by Leigh for another 4 months

Freedom OTS - Mike Hunnerup from December 22 through mid-late February, then Casey Peltier (exact turnover date?)

Independence OTS - Joff Eaton November 2 to the end of March (exact date?). Joff will be returning on May 17 through Sept 2014 (Fill-in for April and May 2014 not yet known).

Jewel OTS - Dennis Charles from January 11 until March 15. Then Carly Boileau returns on March 15 for 4 months, followed by Dennis for 2 months.

Legend OTS - Paul Rutter January 24 until March 17. Topi Ylönen starts on March 17 for the 2014 European Season

Liberty OTS - Rich Edwards Oct 6 until Feb 10, then Jerome Sueur for 2 months, then Rich for 4 months. (exact turnover dates?)

Majesty OTS - Jerome Sueur started December 6 until February 10, then Simona Ferraiuolo.

Mariner OTS - Gordon Whatman started on January 20 for 7 weeks (until March 15? Then who? Dan Whitney?)

Navigator OTS - Ship returns from drydock on Feb 5. John Perry will be CD until Feb 16. Then, Mitch Merucci will be filling in from Feb 16 until John Perry returns from his break in mid-April.

Oasis OTS - Allan Brooks until Feb 8, then Jimmy Rhodes from Feb 8 until March 8. Then, Drew Devine March 8 through May 17. Then, Rico duBriel May 17 through July 19. Then Drew Devine July 19 through mid-November.

Quantum OTS - Jimmy Rhodes will be taking out the ship and continuing on as its regular CD. Ken Rush will also be onboard for the first 6-8 weeks doing behind the scenes duties to provide a smooth take out

Radiance OTS - Amy Fickert began on November 16 until March 3, and will return after her break. (who will be filling-in during Amy's break? for 2 months?)

Rhapsody OTS - Ken Jones Nov 19 through Feb 1. Graham Seymour returns from his break on Feb 1 for 6 months through August 1 (per Graham: Ken is a Canadian gent, funny, great stage presence)

Serenade OTS - John Blair started February 1 until March 16, then Anthony Richards.

Voyager OTS - Luke Aerowsmith October 24 for the repositioning and for the Australian season. Lixin Fang is expected to return for the Asian season

Richard Spacey is now Manager of Entertainment, Activities and Family Strategy Development for Celebrity Cruises in their corporate offices in Miami, working alongside Becky Thompson.

Dave Chapman has left RCCL. He is taking an extended break, and then he will be moving over to another cruiseline.

Leo Papa at Cornell University working on a Master's degree in Hospitality Administration/Management

Abe Hughes is Director of Port Revenue Operations at Royal Media Partners

João Pereira left RCI in May 2013 and is now studying Portuguese/English education and translation at Faculdades Metropolitanas Unidas in Brazil

Bill Brunkhorst and Bobby Brown are currently on break.

(If anyone knows the whereabouts of other former RCI cruise directors, I'd be happy to add them to the end of this list, as there seems to be a lot of questions about them)

Edited by DonnaK

Here are some CD 'where are they now' tidbits

The fabulous Baker Brothers . . .

Simeon Baker - married a dancer, had a baby girl and is a sales exec at a Porsche dealer in Saskatchewan

Matt Baker - Sim's brother - recently married and living in Wales. They bought a pub https://www.facebook.com/TheTiddly

Kieron Buffrey - CD with Holland America

Tom Canosa - teaching 6th grade science in North Carolina

Peter Benfield and Johnny Osborne have emigrated to Thailand

I come bearing fabulous news! We are presently on Voyager, & had a lengthy chat with Mr Bobby Brown this morning...... He is taking over from the next voyage, through until the Asian season.:)

Enchantment OTS - Marc Walker January 10 until mid-May. Mitch Merucci will be filling-in from mid-May until mid-July followed by Marc for another 4 months.

Freedom OTS - Mike Hunnerup from December 22 through mid-late February, then Casey Pelter (exact turnover date?)

Rhapsody OTS - Graham Seymour Feb 1 through August 1

Voyager OTS - Bobby Brown starts Feb 13 for the remainder of the Australian season. Lixin Fang is expected to return for the Asian season

Abe Hughes is Director of Port Revenue Operations at Royal Media Partners

Simeon Baker - married a dancer, had a baby girl and is a sales exec at a Porsche dealer in Saskatchewan

Matt Baker - Sim's brother - recently married and living in Wales. They bought a pub called the Tiddley

Kieron Buffrey - CD with Holland America

Tom Canosa - teaching 6th grade science in North Carolina

Peter Benfield and Johnny Osborne have emigrated to Thailand

Bill Brunkhorst and Luke Aerowsmith are currently on break.

Edited by DonnaK

Donna we will be on Freedom on the 16th and I have never heard of Casey Pelter . Not listed on RCCL web listing of CD's Any insight or opinions?

I have no personal experience with him, but he is not new. He's been appearing on this list ever since I started maintaining it several years ago. He's generally a covering CD for breaks, rather than a regular CD on a particular ship. You can do a google search of his name to find some reviews and comments. Here is one from 2009: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=950022

I don't recall hearing negative things about him. I'm sure someone who has sailed with him will jump in with their thoughts.

Edited by DonnaK

Thank You. Your information on CDs is greatly appreciated. I never paid that much attention till recently and on some itineraries the CD makes a big difference especially on lots of sea days. We are really sad to see "Bingo Dave" leave but he did not look that happy on the Oasis trip for Halloween.PA280165.jpg.407459e2919126b97e1f5ce0eeb936d7.jpg

We had Casey Pelter on Serenade in September last year. I would say he's one of the least impressive CD's we've had. A bit phoney in presentation style, hardly ever saw him around the ship and he only seemed to be interested in doing the 'big' shows - leaving a lot of stuff to his entertainment staff.

Having said that the people on the link posted above seemed to like him so each to their own ;)

Hi Donna! Hope you and the family are doing well. Thanks for keeping this list so up to date. I'm sailing with a bunch of Florida friends on Oasis of the Seas on May 3rd this year. I don't know that I have heard of Drew as a CD.

Has anyone had Drew on their cruises before? How was he, did you like him? Tell me more. ;)

Hi Donna! Hope you and the family are doing well. Thanks for keeping this list so up to date. I'm sailing with a bunch of Florida friends on Oasis of the Seas on May 3rd this year. I don't know that I have heard of Drew as a CD.

Has anyone had Drew on their cruises before? How was he, did you like him? Tell me more. ;)

He was on Monarch out of Port Canaveral for a while. Most people love him. He was great for party cruises but a bit over the top and loud and jumping around for me. If you are going solo with a group of friends, you'll probably enjoy his "enthusiasm". I'm sure he's very nice as a person, just a bit much as a CD for my taste.

Gina

He was on Monarch out of Port Canaveral for a while. Most people love him. He was great for party cruises but a bit over the top and loud and jumping around for me. If you are going solo with a group of friends, you'll probably enjoy his "enthusiasm". I'm sure he's very nice as a person, just a bit much as a CD for my taste.

Gina

Thanks Gina for the quick response and your honest opinion. Will let everyone know what I think of him when I write my cruise review after I get back. ;)