Bob Dickinson's back?

There has to a problem perceived by the powers that be You dont bring back the Former CEO as a Consultant if things are all right i bet Uncle Bob doesnt come cheap

Why is he Bob Dickinson being brought back? Is it just for Carnival or all carnival crop North American brands?

Why is he Bob Dickinson being brought back? Is it just for Carnival or all carnival crop North American brands?

The story I read said it was for all the lines but it would be up to the individual lines whether to follow his recommendations. If I can find it again I will add the link.

Edit:

You were right. It's just the North American brands.

http://www.travelagentcentral.com/cruises/bob-dickinsons-role-still-bit-nebulous-brands-look-feedback-41136

The story I read said it was for all the lines but it would be up to the individual lines whether to follow his recommendations. If I can find it again I will add the link.

I know the answer but many on this thread seem not to know. He is being brought back to advise in marketing and travel agent relations for all Carnival Corp North American brands. Some on this thread thinks he will change day to day operations just for one of their brands.

No. Just someone trying to side track the conversation with a slam to another line. Par for the course on these boards.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If I'm not mistaken, this is the Carnival board where most of us enjoy sailing Carnival.

Sent using Tapatalk on my iphone5

I know the answer but many on this thread seem not to know. He is being brought back to advise in marketing and travel agent relations for all Carnival Corp North American brands. Some on this thread thinks he will change day to day operations just for one of their brands.

Or they're only concerned with what happens to their favorite brand. Until he makes his recommendations, no one really knows if they will have any effect on day to day operations. There could be some indirect impact. For some, it might be wishful thinking.

For some, it might be wishful thinking.

AS one who is hopeful, I get that it is wishful thinking. The fact that it is BD and not some other person kinda gets my hopes up a little. It may be in vain, but hey...nor harm is a little positive thinking, right? :)

If I'm not mistaken, this is the Carnival board where most of us enjoy sailing Carnival.

/QUOTE]

Not necessarily. Emphasis on MOST. I don't think I would go on a FREE CCL cruise right now, besides pay for one. If it counts for anything (in terms of posting on a CCL board), I did cruise a 7 day CCL this year. (Probably my 'don't let the door slam on the way out' CCL for sure.)

Although if he can get it as fun and good value as it was in 2007 and 2011 when I had good CCLs, I might possibly come back to them. Back then, I used to go to bat for CCL against any line I had cruised on. Not any more. I doubt I will cruise them again any time in the foreseeable future. I have a new favorite line. (Not RCI either though.)

One of my chief complaints is the pure unadulterated misery of the CMs. They wouldn't look at us, talk to us, they were invisible and I was trying to be nice and small and talk to them and it made me feel completely unwelcome or worse, plain guilty for being on a luxury trip when they were so obviously miserable. One of the managers was screaming at a buffet worker in the middle of buffet hours (not professional). The dining staff was about 30% efficient. (We had to take our melting cakes to go or we would miss Comedy all together. So much for ending the dinner with coffee and desert.) And we could NOT communicate with them. (And I like to talk to people from all over the world! They just CANNOT communicate with us! We always got wrong orders or didn't get what we asked for. I know the guys tried. It's purely stacked against them. They were no where to be found. I even poured my own coffee twice in the fancy dining room for breakfast. People who know cruising know that that is not typical.)

I will say, their excursions have always been top notch. But I do not like their increasingly aggressive drink sales and wring every last dime outta those suckers business model. I guess I prefer to spend my money up front and being amazed with what I am purchasing instead.

Just my thoughts. I hope that the CCL brand DOES come back. Frankly, our last one this year was NOT FUN. Bring back the Fun, Bob.

really. what button did you check on to agree to that?

ever read these boards using the 'new' button? you can end up on any board.

You are mistaken. This is the Carnival board where most people enjoy or used to enjoy sailing Carnival. But it is not exclusive to that demographic. So even if I didn't fit in one of the above groups, I would still be permitted to post here. That being said it was 1 of the Carnival regulars who started the RCL begging issue.

/QUOTE]

Not necessarily. Emphasis on MOST. I don't think I would go on a FREE CCL cruise right now, besides pay for one. If it counts for anything (in terms of posting on a CCL board), I did cruise a 7 day CCL this year. (Probably my 'don't let the door slam on the way out' CCL for sure.)

Although if he can get it as fun and good value as it was in 2007 and 2011 when I had good CCLs, I might possibly come back to them. Back then, I used to go to bat for CCL against any line I had cruised on. Not any more. I doubt I will cruise them again any time in the foreseeable future. I have a new favorite line. (Not RCI either though.)

One of my chief complaints is the pure unadulterated misery of the CMs. They wouldn't look at us, talk to us, they were invisible and I was trying to be nice and small and talk to them and it made me feel completely unwelcome or worse, plain guilty for being on a luxury trip when they were so obviously miserable. One of the managers was screaming at a buffet worker in the middle of buffet hours (not professional). The dining staff was about 30% efficient. (We had to take our melting cakes to go or we would miss Comedy all together. So much for ending the dinner with coffee and desert.) And we could NOT communicate with them. (And I like to talk to people from all over the world! They just CANNOT communicate with us! We always got wrong orders or didn't get what we asked for. I know the guys tried. It's purely stacked against them. They were no where to be found. I even poured my own coffee twice in the fancy dining room for breakfast. People who know cruising know that that is not typical.)

I will say, their excursions have always been top notch. But I do not like their increasingly aggressive drink sales and wring every last dime outta those suckers business model. I guess I prefer to spend my money up front and being amazed with what I am purchasing instead.

Just my thoughts. I hope that the CCL brand DOES come back. Frankly, our last one this year was NOT FUN. Bring back the Fun, Bob.

My thoughts Exactly as a Diamond the Vastly Inferior Fraudulent Program for Diamonds is the worse top level program

AS one who is hopeful, I get that it is wishful thinking. The fact that it is BD and not some other person kinda gets my hopes up a little. It may be in vain, but hey...nor harm is a little positive thinking, right? :)

You can only hope for the best. I admit we're new ship junkies but we put anymore Carnival cruises on hold until we see what direction they're going. Both Princess and Norwegian have new ships so there's no shortage of them to try.

Didn't they announce the ship would be built - maybe even name the ship yard - and then pull back?

Begging because without assistance they probably would not be able to build it. In your credit card example, it would be like the credit company saying that if you couldn't pay the bill, they would pay it for you.

I see what you're saying now. RCL made the best business deal of all time. They got their financing and somebody else to assume the risk. But, I still don't see anything that looks like begging.

First of all get your facts straight. The reason that RCI pulled out of the negation with STX Finland for Oasis 3 and 4 is that Finland wouldn't give the ship builder a grant. The grant was not going to RCI it was going to the ship yard.

STX France the builders or Norwegian Epic and Queen Mary 2 took the job and will be building the ships at a cheaper cost compared to what STX Finland was giving them. There will not only be one more Oasis their will be two total. In total there will be 4 Oasis Class ships sailing. These ships are selling out every voyage, without even needing to be discounted.

In addition RCI has ordered their third Quantum class ship already. They have an additional one as an option which will probably also be ordered not far in the future.

Carnival only has one more ship on order. In the next 4 years Royal Caribbean will be adding approximately 18,000 passengers with 6 new ships. To their fleet. Also if you want to add Celebrity to the mix, RCI just finished adding 5 ships, which have gotten extreme praise to their fleet. I don't hear that much extreme praises coming from the addition of Dream, Breeze, and Magic. Also the Sunshine isn't getting the reviews that they wanted.

I am a HAL cruiser but, RCI has made me change my thinking. Carnival is a budget cruise line and it is beginning to show more and more. Their repeat cruiser program is one of the worse if not the worse in the industry.

First of all get your facts straight. The reason that RCI pulled out of the negation with STX Finland for Oasis 3 and 4 is that Finland wouldn't give the ship builder a grant. The grant was not going to RCI it was going to the ship yard.

STX France the builders or Norwegian Epic and Queen Mary 2 took the job and will be building the ships at a cheaper cost compared to what STX Finland was giving them. There will not only be one more Oasis their will be two total. In total there will be 4 Oasis Class ships sailing. These ships are selling out every voyage, without even needing to be discounted.

In addition RCI has ordered their third Quantum class ship already. They have an additional one as an option which will probably also be ordered not far in the future.

Carnival only has one more ship on order. In the next 4 years Royal Caribbean will be adding approximately 18,000 passengers with 6 new ships. To their fleet. Also if you want to add Celebrity to the mix, RCI just finished adding 5 ships, which have gotten extreme praise to their fleet. I don't hear that much extreme praises coming from the addition of Dream, Breeze, and Magic. Also the Sunshine isn't getting the reviews that they wanted.

I am a HAL cruiser but, RCI has made me change my thinking. Carnival is a budget cruise line and it is beginning to show more and more. Their repeat cruiser program is one of the worse if not the worse in the industry.

If you add celebrity then you need to add all the new builds for carnival corp.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

So even more cutbacks by Royal, eh? Guess they will be having even more quality issues.

Archived