Irons?

MJolis1

Although they say no irons or hairdryers. We brought both and were very careful. I guess with 3000 guests on board they do not want to take the chance on someone leaving these items on. Trust me use your discretion, but my girlfriend was like hell no, she irons everything, lol...

Being careful is good, but they are also concerned about the wattage of things like hairdryers and irons. They can overload the system and start a fire in the wiring. Please think twice about taking those things again.

I took a travel iron. I know irons are not "allowed" but I was very careful and used it only when It was absolutely necessary (ie formal night clothes) I didnt want to take the chance of ruining my clothes with an iron everyone uses (if it had gunk on it or if it was messed up or dirty somehow) I took a travel size starch can, and ironed on the table in the room NOT on the bed.

Another option to think about is a travel size steamer! much safer!

thanks for your words of wisdom, but they will not cause a fire in the wiring. Think about how many people bring blowdryers and irons on anyways.

They are fire hazards on their own and would not want the liability issue.

I guess rules apply to everyone but you.

Awww carnivalcruisejunkie that was fowl. There are also rules about having an adult in the room with kids under 18, but I recall reading recently that you put your kid in a separate room and although you haven't had any problems with it doesn't mean you are not breaking a rule either.

ok....no irons. :D Any ideas on how to pack formal attire? We are going on our first cruise in July and the men (five of them) are renting tuxes from carnival, but I have two formal dresses to bring. Thanks! :)

I've heard of a couple of options. You could roll up your dress. I've also heard of putting clothes in the "space bags" advertized on TV.

Although they say no irons or hairdryers. We brought both and were very careful. I guess with 3000 guests on board they do not want to take the chance on someone leaving these items on. Trust me use your discretion, but my girlfriend was like hell no, she irons everything, lol...

:eek:

uh-oh

Pack your own iron , but use it in the laundry room. The iron that they provide sucks...LOL.. and DO NOT wait untill the day of formal night to iron stuff. The laundry room gets packed!!

Your other option is to pay for the onboard laundry service to press your stuff for you.

I tried my best to drown this before it turned into a monster;)

so far it's ok..........but I hear the clock ticking.....

ooops, never mind, I just read back and see now that the clock did stop. :eek:

My formal wear was in a garment bag and I hung it up as soon as the luggage arrived and it was fine. DH had his tux hanging also and no problem. The tux shirt is covered by the jacket, so no issue there. We had spent 4 days in NOLA prior to last cruise and I hit the laundry early the morning after we sailed to do some wash and had no problem. I did use their iron to touch up a few things after washing them and the iron was fine.

I always have to add my 2 cents about irons in cabins.:rolleyes: I really dislike hearing "I'm careful", "I'll take my iron, rules or not", etc., ad nauseum. Sure, nobody intends to start a fire or blow a fuse or whatever.....but it happens.

Thank goodness, some of the cabin stewards are conscientious, and actually remove irons from cabins. Several folks have posted about this, and I'm always glad to see it.

Carnival VERY clearly states in the "Welcome Aboard" booklet you receive with your documents:

"We do not allow the use of heating items like irons or heating pads in the staterooms, as these items are fire hazards."

Also in another part of the same booklet:

"The use of irons, heating pads, and candles are not allowed in the cabins. Upmost care must be used when using curling irons to make sure they are unplugged when finished."

Would you rather look good in the dining room - or be in a life raft?:rolleyes:

I guess rules apply to everyone but you.

Are you the Carnival police patrol. How many guests bring liquor on board? Why don't you belittle them. Do you bring your own liquor on board? I asked the steward and he claims over 1/2 the people brings a hairdryer/iron and Carnival expects that, just like they expect people to carry excess amounts of liquor on board.

Are you the Carnival police patrol. How many guests bring liquor on board? Why don't you belittle them. Do you bring your own liquor on board? I asked the steward and he claims over 1/2 the people brings a hairdryer/iron and Carnival expects that, just like they expect people to carry excess amounts of liquor on board.

I have never seen a smuggled bottle of vodka or a can of smuggled beer left plugged-in by anyone, careful or not. But, being that I am now off-topic, I shall cease to make comments unrelated to the OP.

Apples and oranges:rolleyes:

Wow if he can make a claim like that he must be really efficient being able to service all those staterooms.:rolleyes:

suit yourself folks, i will continue to bring a low voltage hairdryer on board and an iron. Do you think the wiring in the laundry room is any different than the stateroom. I am more concerned on how most people stiff the help at the end of their week long trip and assume the auto gratuity is enough....

Archived