Irons?

MJolis1

suit yourself folks, i will continue to bring a low voltage hairdryer on board and an iron. Do you think the wiring in the laundry room is any different than the stateroom. I am more concerned on how most people stiff the help at the end of their week long trip and assume the auto gratuity is enough....
Nice try at changing the topic.You still should not bring an iron!;)

Lets' not go on and on about irons, hairdryers, smoking, kids in the hot tubs, no chairs at the pool, no lighters on airlines or anything else. It seems that when someone feels that they have no need for the topic brought up then it's follow the rules but when they want to put their non potty trained kids in the pool it's not a rule. Please if you don't feel comfortable bringing an iron because the pressing police might knock at your cabin door then maybe consider a steamer, I bring my travel iron and nobody ever took it from me & it's out in the open for all to see. It's vacation people not a jail.

JJ, don't forget the grill for the terrace.

I don't think whether or not I bring booze onboard has anything to do with irons not being allowed. For the record I do not bring booze onboard. Irons in staterooms are a fire hazard. Of course people are careful. Unless you are an arsonist nobody ever sets out to set their house on fire.

I don't think whether or not I bring booze onboard has anything to do with irons not being allowed. For the record I do not bring booze onboard. Irons in staterooms are a fire hazard. Of course people are careful. Unless you are an arsonist nobody ever sets out to set their house on fire.

I purposedly directed that question to you because you came down on my for breaking the rules. I've read numerous posts on fellow travelers on the Destiny cruise line to bring your own hairdryers--the one on board is a joke. These travel irons/hairdryers are made low voltage for a reason.

Lets' not go on and on about irons, hairdryers, smoking, kids in the hot tubs, no chairs at the pool, no lighters on airlines or anything else. It seems that when someone feels that they have no need for the topic brought up then it's follow the rules but when they want to put their non potty trained kids in the pool it's not a rule. Please if you don't feel comfortable bringing an iron because the pressing police might knock at your cabin door then maybe consider a steamer, I bring my travel iron and nobody ever took it from me & it's out in the open for all to see. It's vacation people not a jail.

JJ, don't forget the grill for the terrace.

Coudn't agree with you more. I was wondering why the pool felt like a hot tub. Perhaps next cruise we can grill out on the balcony. The suite ones are double the size...

Hairdryers are allowed.... Irons are NOT. I guess when the person that wired the laundry room on the ship shows up on these boards, we can ask him about the wiring differences in the cabins vs the laundry room, until then, Carnival has a very good reason obviously for not allowing them. They list it as a safety hazard... Why in the world would you put other passengers at risk for YOUR wrinkles?? :confused: Do what you want in your home, but don't risk ruining MY vacation because you want to iron :rolleyes:

I always have to add my 2 cents about irons in cabins.:rolleyes: I really dislike hearing "I'm careful", "I'll take my iron, rules or not", etc., ad nauseum. Sure, nobody intends to start a fire or blow a fuse or whatever.....but it happens.

Thank goodness, some of the cabin stewards are conscientious, and actually remove irons from cabins. Several folks have posted about this, and I'm always glad to see it.

Carnival VERY clearly states in the "Welcome Aboard" booklet you receive with your documents:

"We do not allow the use of heating items like irons or heating pads in the staterooms, as these items are fire hazards."

Also in another part of the same booklet:

"The use of irons, heating pads, and candles are not allowed in the cabins. Upmost care must be used when using curling irons to make sure they are unplugged when finished."

Would you rather look good in the dining room - or be in a life raft?:rolleyes:

I missed that part in the booklet. I brought a travel iron, didn't use it, but left it out. I got a call from security and had it confiscated.

Do you think the wiring in the laundry room is any different than the stateroom.

Probably to some degree. Still comparing apples to oranges.

it does amaze me how many posters to the boards will publically acknowledge that they bring-aboard and use travel irons then get bent when people chastise them for the rules infraction.

the best answer is to just not mention it. some of us are going to bring them regardless of rules or rationale; others never will. if you choose to violate the rule... mums the word.

p.s. as long as you allow ample (as in >1 hour) cool-down time after use, putting the travel iron back in one's luggage precludes confiscation (cabin stewards don't make a habit of going-through guest's luggage searching for contraband).

I am trying to follow the rules and I did not read anywhere that you can not bring a blow dryer on board. I just went to the carnival website and they tell you which ships have a blowdryer in the room and which ones don't.

Can you guys tell me if you are allowed to bring a travel steamer on board or where can I find out?

I am trying to follow the rules and I did not read anywhere that you can not bring a blow dryer on board. I just went to the carnival website and they tell you which ships have a blowdryer in the room and which ones don't.

Can you guys tell me if you are allowed to bring a travel steamer on board or where can I find out?

Hairdryers are allowed. Curling irons and flat irons are fine. A travel steamer is fine, as long as it is not a steamer/iron combo...

suit yourself folks, i will continue to bring a low voltage hairdryer on board and an iron. Do you think the wiring in the laundry room is any different than the stateroom. I am more concerned on how most people stiff the help at the end of their week long trip and assume the auto gratuity is enough....

Did you happen to notice that the laundry rooms have stainless steel panels for the walls (and other similar non-combustible materials used for contruction / finishing)? I wonder why...

Compare THAT to your stateroom.

Are there 110V outlets in there? I recall the Carnival irons all being 220V.

Pack your own iron , but use it in the laundry room. The iron that they provide sucks...LOL.. and DO NOT wait untill the day of formal night to iron stuff. The laundry room gets packed!!

Your other option is to pay for the onboard laundry service to press your stuff for you.

I guess my iron should be fine its 220 volt!! haha.....My curling iron gets hotter than my dinky little clothing iron for gods sake....plus I've taken my iron on 2 other cruises and left them out in direct view of the cabin stewart and they never touched it mind you I always put it in the sink to cool off.

Archived