Irons?

MJolis1

Irons are a safety hazard. Fire on board a cruise ship should not be taken lightly. Enough said. Thankfully, most passengers understand that.

If you pack clothes inside plastic dry cleaner bags or thin plastic, it creates air pockets and there's less wrinkling. There's also laundry service on board that will press your evening clothes/dresses. There are also lots of wrinkle resistant fabrics that are great for cruises.

I am trying to follow the rules and I did not read anywhere that you can not bring a blow dryer on board. I just went to the carnival website and they tell you which ships have a blowdryer in the room and which ones don't.

Can you guys tell me if you are allowed to bring a travel steamer on board or where can I find out?

The outlets on board in your cabin clearly indicate no hairdryers. I am not sure whether or not Carnival mentioned it or not in their guidelines. I'm not sure about other cruise lines but the Destiny ship's hairdryers are useless.

Many people bring whatever on board. My steward who didnt care about the iron or hairdryer said the only thing he confiscates are candles which in my opinion is idiotic, especially knowing the ship rocks...

Sorry, but that is crap. On the Sensation, where they don't have hairdryers, it clearly states that if you leave your hairdryer at home, your cabin steward will bring you one... and yup, it's a Conair, regular hairdryer. The guidelines state what can and cannot be brought on the ship... IRONS are clearly stated as a safety hazard, you can bring your hairdryer... the only thing you cannot do is bring one that is not compatible with the outlet :rolleyes:

Sorry, but that is crap. On the Sensation, where they don't have hairdryers, it clearly states that if you leave your hairdryer at home, your cabin steward will bring you one... and yup, it's a Conair, regular hairdryer. The guidelines state what can and cannot be brought on the ship... IRONS are clearly stated as a safety hazard, you can bring your hairdryer... the only thing you cannot do is bring one that is not compatible with the outlet :rolleyes:

I was referring to the Destiny which has signs above the outlets that indicate no hairdryers-- not the Sensation. What is crap is the Destiny hairdryer--your better off standin on the balcony to dry your hair its quicker

I was referring to the Destiny which has signs above the outlets that indicate no hairdryers-- not the Sensation. What is crap is the Destiny hairdryer--your better off standin on the balcony to dry your hair its quicker

You can always just ask your cabin steward for one... The one on the Miracle worked fine... on the Sensation, both times I just got one from the Steward, worked better than the one at home :D

Not all ships have hairdryers... so it really wouldn't make sense for them NOT to allow them... there would be alot of angry people on formal night :D

I don't think it has anything to do with wiring or over loading the system. More to do with safety if it's left on.

I do bring an iron, 99% of irons sold today have an auto shut down(mine does), if it's left standing for more than 4 min it shuts off. If you ask your room steward for a iron he will bring one, so whats the difference.

Mine is an iron/steamer, most of the time I steam but I have ironed.

Just being honest.

My son was given an adapter for his hair dryer by the steward on the Inspiration.

Could be the hazard is to the person cleaning your cabin, they go to move it and just grab and it's red hot.

The person who has many drinks in his room from the stuff he sneaks on can fall asleep with that lite Cig. in his hand, another hazard.

Hazard or not, maybe we all need to follow ALL the rules.

Hairdryers are allowed.... Irons are NOT. I guess when the person that wired the laundry room on the ship shows up on these boards, we can ask him about the wiring differences in the cabins vs the laundry room, until then, Carnival has a very good reason obviously for not allowing them. They list it as a safety hazard... Why in the world would you put other passengers at risk for YOUR wrinkles?? :confused: Do what you want in your home, but don't risk ruining MY vacation because you want to iron :rolleyes:

Hairdryers are only allowed based on the wattage, and these days, many popular hairdryers are way above what the recommended level is. On our last cruise my sister posted this topic and got blasted by many people saying to Just Use The One They Supply

Archived