Looking for a weight loss/workout buddy!

SusieV

Hi ladies, I would like to join in also. I just figured I would chime in on some ideas that have helped (so far). I hope all of you beautiful women will share your tips. I have to have a menu plan down to the snack I eat everyday. If it is too hard for me to plan for the week then I just do day to day. If you get 15 mins. to sit just jot it down. Then the next day so it doesn't feel so overwhelming.

My 23 yr old son who lives in my home is a physical fitness nut. I feel like he is giving me the evil eye if I cheat!!! If I have it planned I don't worry about it.

I live outside Ann Arbor...you?

Debbie, let me know a liitle about your situation, ok.

how long have you had the extra weight? Do you think its from food, or is medication also involved (I know some does that! Ugh!)

What methods have you tried to lose in the past?

I think i can help even if I lived on the moon if you want encouragement and honestly and care, thru internet & phone in case we live too far apart!! Dont let that be a factor, you CAN be your most gorgeous healthy self by February... Im SURE of it!!!!!.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Oops didn't mean to post above.

I am up near Traverse City. I have lost almost 40# and would love to drop another 25# at least. Seems to be getting harder to do. Thought I would be walking more after the long winter but life has been busy. Need to make it a top priority

Oh and it's from food and not meds. Weight has creeped on with every baby I had. Nearing retirement age and its time to get healthy. Last cruise got me motivated and it has been fun buying new clothes and getting out of the Women's Dept and into the Misses. Weight I have lost has come off legs and butt. Time to lose gut and bust

Hi ladies, I would like to join in also. I just figured I would chime in on some ideas that have helped (so far). I hope all of you beautiful women will share your tips. I have to have a menu plan down to the snack I eat everyday. If it is too hard for me to plan for the week then I just do day to day. If you get 15 mins. to sit just jot it down. Then the next day so it doesn't feel so overwhelming.

My 23 yr old son who lives in my home is a physical fitness nut. I feel like he is giving me the evil eye if I cheat!!! If I have it planned I don't worry about it.

Please do join in!!!! Good idea on pre-planning. With fresh veggies in season need to do the same.

That works though having your son watching. We need to stay on top of it and accountability partners help

My easiest advice (and I guarantee this will make a difference for you!) it is if it comes in a bottle, box, a can or a bag, don't eat it !! Just discipline yourself to don't eat it!!! no extra salt no preservatives just eat fresh meat, fruit and veggies, cut out breads and dairy.... discipline yourself for 6 weeks....you can DO IT!! It's soo healthy for you, & you can eat as MUCH fresh as you want it's good for you!! you will not believe the weight you're going to lose! And quite quickly!!

My belly situation is such medically that I've had it this way for over 2 years I haven't gained a pound in 2 years I'm a size 6 I'm 5 foot 7 I eat like a pig within the range of the foods I'm allowed, and healthy as a horse according to my doctors!

Try it, can't hurt!! [emoji2]

Okay ladies tonight I made a fresh ground chicken/turkey meatloaf. I threw in

2 eggs and a small amount of whole wheat bread crumbs. Just enough to make it stick together. We had fresh snow peas also. I have been carrying around my Brita water bottle all day. I have walked 1 mile today. Early morning weigh in starts for me in the a.m. I need a starting point. How about you guys?? How has everyone elses day been??

That sounds yummy!!! Good job footballbabe3!!!

I can't say I was soo good today, I didn't eat much as I haven't felt well today. I had a dr.visit I dreaded and ended up with headache and sleeping most of the day . Waste lol. Ate an apple earlier, and will have a little yogurt with fresh strawberries now as I'm hungry.

Tomorrow will be a better day, hopefully as good as yours sounded!! Good job!!! [emoji6][emoji108]

My easiest advice (and I guarantee this will make a difference for you!) it is if it comes in a bottle, box, a can or a bag, don't eat it !! Just discipline yourself to don't eat it!!! no extra salt no preservatives just eat fresh meat, fruit and veggies, cut out breads and dairy.... discipline yourself for 6 weeks....you can DO IT!! It's soo healthy for you, & you can eat as MUCH fresh as you want it's good for you!! you will not believe the weight you're going to lose! And quite quickly!!

My belly situation is such medically that I've had it this way for over 2 years I haven't gained a pound in 2 years I'm a size 6 I'm 5 foot 7 I eat like a pig within the range of the foods I'm allowed, and healthy as a horse according to my doctors!

Try it, can't hurt!! [emoji2]

This is something worth considering. Hard but doable I think

You are very fortunate for no weight gain! I have basically stayed in the same weight range for quite a long time. Last summer after not feeling well and dropping some weight it jump started me to try to lose weight before our February cruise this past winter. I walked lots and lots

Debbie

Okay ladies tonight I made a fresh ground chicken/turkey meatloaf. I threw in

2 eggs and a small amount of whole wheat bread crumbs. Just enough to make it stick together. We had fresh snow peas also. I have been carrying around my Brita water bottle all day. I have walked 1 mile today. Early morning weigh in starts for me in the a.m. I need a starting point. How about you guys?? How has everyone elses day been??

Good job on your healthy dinner and walking afterwards. A good walk always makes me feel good. Hubby messed up his knee recently so I need to carry on and walk by myself which I find hard to do

I haven't been on the scale since our recent two week vacation. I was the typical cone sucker that we call our tourists here and had too many "extras". Afraid I went up but I know seeing and possibly be disappointed will hopefully get me back on track Maybe I will get on that scale too

Do you have much to lose ?

Debbie

This is something worth considering. Hard but doable I think

You are very fortunate for no weight gain! I have basically stayed in the same weight range for quite a long time. Last summer after not feeling well and dropping some weight it jump started me to try to lose weight before our February cruise this past winter. I walked lots and lots

Debbie

Morning Debbie!! I have to tell you that this is not as hard as you might think! A lot of it was breaking old habits, for me I didn't have a choice I was sick and had to. A mixed blessing!! I don't even remember what salt, chips, chocolate and donuts taste like now and i don't crave them anymore either. The mind is such a powerful animal!!! [emoji12]

due My weight stays down strictly from from my food, my spine is fused more than half way up & I have severe spinal issues to my the the top of my neck that prevent me from exercising . I have to keep my weight down, no choice in the matter for me [emoji6] . I often wondered if my same routine (minus the belly & spine disorders lol) could help someone else. sure do keep the weight off me (below to normal weight easily for 2 years now! ) with lots of healthy food, no exercise required. I've made up lots of healthy sauces n glazes for meats n fish (no preservatives or sugars) I'll share here, awesome for the grill!!

We'll all be fighting weight by our cruise!!!!

Good morning, everyone.!! Lizz I am sure you will have a better day today. It sounds like the Dr. visit got your stress started and with a headache I don't feel like eating either. Your a very pretty lady and I know you will get through this.

I had my weigh in this a.m. 186lbs and I would like to get to 160 maybe even 150. Of course it is raining here in Delaware so don't know if I am going to walk. I have a gym membership and don't use it. I feel clutzy so I like to go later at night when

no one else is there. The problem is a make excuses at the end of the day night to go.

I will check back with you guys. I am going to have a cup of coffee and try to go get a walk in!! I CAN DO THIS AND SO CAN YOU!!

Thank you footballbabe3, what's your first name?! [emoji2] you totally nailed it with the headache and the stress came from yesterday, a new neurologist and I hate it, been through it too much over the years... Oh well .. New day!!

Almost through my pot of coffee (a food group to me lol) and plan to walk around an art fair today! I'm an artist also, and this one of my favorite things to do on a nice day! The weather is going to be gorgeous here today, good way to get healthy exercise for me [emoji108]

Your Your goals Your goals sound soo doable soo doable my friend, friend you're so close and you've been there before!!!! You can do it!!! Every morning just take a little time in meditate and think about what it felt like when you had your goal achieved last time, how good you felt... think of all the little details of it that you may have forgotten by now. Remember what it was like to pull up a pair of jeans and have them be an inch away from your waist, how that would make you giggle when no one was around because you need a belt to keep them up! Lol just think about those little details, use them as tiny motivators.... you can do it, just focus on 5 at a time, but DONT put it off, head for your big goal with no question that you WILL hit it (maybe pass it?!) In a very healthy, happy inspired and INSPIRING way!!! You GO GIRL!!!! [emoji109] [emoji168][emoji151]

5# at a time is definitely a good goal to concentrate on because those 5# goals add up!

I got on the scale after not doing so for a month. Up 1.5# but was actually content with that considering for the past month we have had company in and out, more eating out at restaurants, being on vacation and snacking more plus the cherry festival where I had to have a taste of Gibby fries and elephant ear. If my husband hasn't bought, I definitely could have went without

With all that behind now, time to step it up....cruise day is in 212 days!! My goal is 25 lbs which is about a pound a week

Lizz, is that your name? Your spinal problems sound like they could be painful. I admire your positive outlook and how you embrace your new way of eating/living. Have fun at the art fair. Not so warm here in northern Michigan right now

Debbie

I know exactly how you feel football babe with going to the gym. I feel clutzy as well and very self conscious. You got a membership tho and I have yet to do that

Enjoy the walk. Would love to be able to do that. If I went it would have to be at 6:30 in the morning and the mornings here in northern Michigan have been so cool and drizzly most mornings it has actually gotten to be depressing coming off a horrible winter. Seems like we are still in Spring- like temps

Yes you can do it, we all can do it !!!

Debbie

Ah Deb if you only gained a pound and a half in a month, you got this licked!!! You could easily set your goal for two pounds a week I get down earlier than your cruise, and maintain before your cruise, so that you can rest easy and just enjoy the couple of weeks before your cruise knowing you hit your goal and you got nothing to do but try on fun and fitting clothes!!!

( thanks for the compliment, I have my bum days usually much much worse in the fall n spring, but I have strong faith that gets me through anything!! And yes my name is Lizz [emoji151] )

How fun to do a Christmas one!!

We did an Eastern one this past February on the Celebrity Reflection for our 35th anniversary and loved our very first cruise so much we booked on the Celebrity Equinox over Valentines Day going on a Southern Caribbean cruise! Very excited. Absolutely LOVED the total relaxation we both felt being on a cruise. Think we are hooked!

Debbie

That's how we feel!!!

my husband loves the cruises for a different reason than I do haha! he loves it mostly because of the pampering, and to him for me its safe n secure, everything's all under one roof, there's a doctor on board etc...

I love it cuz I get to the islands that I love soooo very much!!!! Can you say BEACHES?!! [emoji14][emoji108]

Thanks for the encouragement. Think we have a nice little group as well and having faith is a key element to get us through everything. Our faith is the center of our lives

Maybe we should get some background on each other I will start

I have been married for 35 years to my best friend. I have four wonderful kids from 22-33 years of age that all live nearby. Four beautiful grand kids that are 4, 16 months, 15 months and 6 weeks. I have had an in-home daycare for 31 years now that I quit my job way back when to be able to raise my family and be home but have an income to help out. I am still hanging in there but my daycare now consists of one paying family and having my grand kids every day to watch. I am cutting back soon so look forward to some "me" days. My husband hopes to retire in 4/6 years so then we will pursue more of our love of traveling and camping as well

Debbie

We were on the Reflection a couple years ago it's a gorgeous ship!!!! We were on the Solstice in March for my birthday (ooooh I love this guy!!), always the caribbean.... Been on quite a few others in the past, love Celebrity best so far ;) altho I was a die hard Windjammer for years when they were in business (totally different cruising tho).

You def sound hooked Debbie!! We've made wonderful friends through the years from cruising, all across the United States friends we still see! It's such an all encompassing experience much more than just a big boat if you let it be :)