Looking for a weight loss/workout buddy!

SusieV

Morning Debbie how is it going? been a while!

looks like it is just the two of us for now, but that's okay!!

I have to say the peanut butter's got the best of me, I haven't lost a pound but I'm holding my own, I haven't gained anything either!! I KNOW the only way I'm going to lose is to give it up completely, and it's really hard since it's my only "vice", literally!! Lol

I'm 142 right now, want to hit 135 again by December. .

Last night my husband asked me when we going on our cruise diet!! Lol! I about fell over! (He was referring to himself not me was I don't physically look like I need to lose anything)... So I said right now absolutely right now... We eat very healthy but all I can do is revised the portion sizes.... Then be prepared to sit back and listen to him whine lol... I'm keep the chips and the nuts and the cookies and the garbage away from him and remind him HE asked for this! Lol he also only needs to lose about 10 pounds so this won't be that hard .

Since he's had open heart surgery and has a heart to take care of, he needs to keep his weight & eating habits in perfect condition anyway, so I have two fronts with which to remind him he shouldn't be eating the junk food that he's reaching for, we can buddy this up together, & both lose 10 pounds together..

We had a blast with our company from Kentucky!!! ate way too much, drank, just had a real good time! Still recovering lol!! Hoping Toronto was as enjoyable for you guys as our weekend was for us!! Did you find any good buys up there?!

Hi there!!

We are still on vacation. Ended our 10 days here at Cedar Point where my oldest son, his wife and two sons joined us as well as my youngest and her boyfriend. Today was park day and I am exhausted. Walked tons between Toronto, Niagara Falls and now here BUT ate entirely wrong too :(

We head back home on Sunday. Will write more when back home.

Glad you had an enjoyable time with friends.

Debbie

Debbie

OMG, I need to get back on track. Too many different restaurants in Toronto that we tried NOT eating the right foods on top of it. I feel the added few pounds and that is not a good thing We walked probably 5-10 miles a day but did not offset what went in the mouth Not lots but the wrong things!!

I need an accountability partner to help me get back on track. Need to set a goal again for a certain time. That's what helps me out the most

Yell at me, I need it

Hope all is well with you. Nice to have a string of warmer decent days for a change

Debbie

Hi Debbie!!!

Ha! Naughty girl!!!

OK back on that horse now lol!!!! Vacations always have a way to hit people's waitlines, EATING is half the experience and the fun! Don't be too hard on yourself, just let it go now and get on that scale and buckle down for your cruise!! You have a bathing suit to squeeze in to, and you CAN DO IT!!!!

There's plenty of time to undo this vaca, just gotta start right now and NOT let those extra pounds defeat you one more minute!!!!! ♡♡♡♡

You were not harsh enough! You should have yelled, WHAT WERE YOU THINKING to go off course that much when it is so HARD to lose what you did.

I actually feel sick about the whole thing. Very disappointed in myself. I did so much better when I was on the cruise then I did the past few weeks. Always have had a certain timeline goal whether it be the cruise, or doctor appt that I wanted to be a certain BMI or daughters baby shower seeing family I havent seen in awhile etc. Cant think of anything coming up to set a goal for so guess I make one up!

Can definitely tell in my stomach and this may sound weird or odd but before weight loss I could not cross my legs where my crossed leg totally went over my other leg (are you picturing that ?) then I lost weight and presto it was easier to do. In past week, crossing isn't as easy as it was. I know weird right and you might be shaking your head wondering what the heck I am talking about. Lol but to me it feels like added pound or two or three in legs. Not liking myself much and if I could kick myself in the butt I would and it would be hard!!!!!

Too scared to get on scale. <sigh>

Debbie

I know it's scary to step on the scale but better to do it now and re-set your goals than to wait and possibly gain more.

I hate stepping on the scale but make myself do it at least once a week. (My weigh-in days are Tuesday's this time around on Weight watchers) and I wasn't thrilled to do it this morning, but I did and it wasn't so bad.

I think we psych ourselves out about the scale. At least I know I do...lol.

Good luck to getting abck on track!

Samantha

I agree Samantha that it is scary but needs to be done. Next Tuesday is my day to get on. Gives me a week to eat better and get the bloatness to go away. Since losing weight my body doesn't take too well to bad foods. I am either visiting the bathroom lots or swelling up. I always looked forward to getting on the scale when I had a set goal and got on daily as well as logging my food. Getting past this last summer long weekend vacation, then it's full speed ahead.

Thanks for advice !

Debbie

Awe thanks Lizz. Wish I felt more optimistic but I know what needs to be done. When is your cruise again and on what ship ? How is the hubby doing on his diet and are you staying peanut butter free?

Have a wonderful Labor Day weekend. Looks to be rainy here and we are camping with family this weekend. Bummer!!!

Debbie

Hi Debbie my husband is struggling a little bit but is not gaining any weight.

Me and my peanut butter is another story lol!!

I've cut the amount in half though and I only eat it with apples since I found out bananas are actually a carb!! And I have it every other day. I'm down 2 pounds 141!!

Even if you just cut everything that you're eating right now in half, just cut it in half, you will hit your goal!!!

00 cruise is at Christmas

Good going on your weight loss Lizz. I know how you have said you enjoy your peanut butter. Didn't realize bananas are a carb. I do need to do more food research

Hoping the rain lets up. Up camping and I so wanted to take a nice long walk!

Debbie

Hi Debbie!! it's going to rain down here today, tomorrow and Monday as well! UGH!! Plans out the window!

BUT!! I think I have discovered a way to keep myself from wanting to eat!! Keep your hands and your mind busy with a hobby or a craft of some sort... if your mind is really wrapped around one thing, its not thinking about food, as your brain can only think one thought at a time ( proven fact)...

I've been working on my beading projects and I'm really enjoying it, and I have not had an urge to munch BECAUSE I've been busy!!

This is what I'm working on right now....0b231c9f1d4068018eb413654ba15dae.jpg

Oh how pretty!! looks time consuming with those little beads and i can see where doing that would get your mind off of food! Nope no craftiness for me. My sister and I laugh so much about what duds we are even after attempting some classes. Just not in us I guess but a great suggestion

Getting past this family gathering weekend and come Sept 1st, let the next 5 month diet begin with one goal set for Thanksgiving and another goal for February 4th (my birthday) which is one week before we leave for Florida. Kind of excited about setting goals again. Just need to get past the initial shock of getting on the scale on Tuesday. Although I was in Chicos up here in Petoskey yesterday and didn't do bad in finding some new gray jeans and I wasn't up a size but actually down one. Of course, them adding spandex to their jeans helps ALOT!

Hoping tomorrow is our rain free day at the campground. Running out of places to go when it rains

Happy Saturday!!

Debbie

Hoping all is well. No postings for awhile on here

I am doing okay. Hard to buckle down after a very lax summer but now that Labor Day is out of the way and the busyness of this week, I am getting on the scale tomorrow to face it and will turn things around. I have a cruise to go on in 162 days!!! Hoping hubby's knee heals so we can continue walking together and if not, gotta suck it up and continue on myself

Debbie

Morning Debbie !!! I hear you!! Summers over :( I'm starting to pull my clothes out now to see what I've got to wear for our Christmas cruise, the moment of truth is here, can I fit in them or not!!! Lol all my formals in fancy clothes lots of them anyway have been custom altered for me so there's no wiggle room!!

My weight still 141 haven't lost any more ..

damn peanut butter lol

Its my only vice I don't have many options hahaha!!

Somehow substituting carrots just isn't going down very well....lol

Oh well... Will get through this and will be in perfect shape by the time it's our turn to get on those planes and head off for our Caribbean destinations!! We've both have to realize Thanksgiving is coming up FAST, and be prepared to head it off with an alternative healthy plan for ourselves, and not use it as an excuse to eat bad stuff again! We both know it's going to be very tempting but it's way too close to our goal date to be able to undo the damage.... So we need to make a plan now....

Do you agree? I'm not allowed to eat 80% of the stuff that people eat on a Thanksgiving binge... But I still feel stuffed I'm happy at the end of the day.... I can help with a plan if you would like. ;)

Morning!!

Are you getting the horrendous thunderstorms downstate that we have been getting up north all through the night? I am not sure when the last time we have had a storm like this!

Well I jumped on the scale this morning after not being on for weeks. Stayed the same which in my head I thought I would be up at least 3 pounds so was happy with that number. Not happy to be up the same 2 pounds but happy I haven't gained more through that Toronto whirlwind of trying different foods while on vacation Feel better getting on and having the mind set that now I move forward with a goal planned

I love Thanksgiving but it didn't give me as much trouble last year that I thought it might. Ate what I wanted but in very small portions plus after cooking that day, I never am hungry to eat what I cooked.

My problem is in the afternoon. I get the munchies so bad. What is a good thing to grab that takes away the salty sweet taste I want so bad? That is my biggest challenge but think I am so confined during the day that I just want to eat!! A few peanuts and raisins seem to help but doubt all that healthy on a regular basis.

The few pounds I gained I can tell came back in my bust area. Weird place but can tell in a few of my tops/blouses and it feels uncomfortable Time to do something about it and more!!

Hopefully the sun will be shining down there. It's unreal here.

Happy Friday!

Debbie

Hi Debbie no we didn't get the rain. I don't think that you did least if it was it wasn't storms!! It's supposed to be beautiful today until later in the afternoon, been that way for three days and I'm loving it !! I've been laying out in the sun, it is just soaking into my back like medicine from heaven!! At this rate the tan I have is going to last all the way to Christmas for our cruise lol, I think I'm pretty close to the same color as our Dobermanuploadfromtaptalk1409917124435.jpg.edbe688e01515211365465f94f842f6c.jpg lol!!!

I just took drastic measures this morning and threw away the jar of peanut butter that's it had enough no more peanut in this house. I know the definition of stupid is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results when I KNOW what it does to me!! So it's gone! Ta DAAA!!

I've done it before it's no big deal...

The weight will fall off now.... I'll focus on eating healthy things like fruit and veggies , as much as I want, when I'm hungry...

I'll have to think about it your question for Thanksgiving and get back with you I'll come up with some alternatives for you that would be yummy to fill in instead of going to that usual naughty bits that people eat when they get hungry after the meal... You're not the only one that goes after food in the afternoon after meals over with!!! If people just stuck with the meal itself I think they'd be okay, it's that second meal that they seem to have by making a sandwich and extra stuffing later in the evening that's the one that gets the extra poundage started up... I think if you have something prepared ahead of time that's healthy and good, really good, to grab 4 instead of not so healthy things you'll be better for it...

Anyway I hope you have a great Friday and a great weekend I'll talk to you soon!! proud of you for getting on that scale!!!!

Lizz

The afternoon munchies are now not after eating Thanksgiving. I eat my typical lunch and then an hour later I want something bad. Think it's more out of boredom or being confined when the kids are napping that gives me the snackies. Any ideas on snack items that helps with wanting the sweet and/or salty craving?

Good luck with no peanut butter. Has to be hard on a limited menu and something you enjoy. How much daily did you eat of it that you felt it stopped weight loss?

No sun here for past two days. I try not to think of the LONG winter ahead when I get these cooped up feeling kind of days. Lucky you !!

Debbie

Hi Deb!! I was easily eating 3/4 cup a day with an apple sliced up. Every day... I have a cholesterol issue on top of everything else so I knew better, but frustration because of lack of crunchy sweets for me just got the best of me.

Yeah I ate it as breakfast... nothing else til dinner usually..