beer prices

xrayjng

I did just well on the beer on the classic pkg! Just because alcohol costs more--doesn't mean it is better--everyone has their own tatses

Exactly! I don't like fancy beers, microbrewery beers, etc. Just like my Miller Lite. I grew up on PBR and Old Style so give me a ice cold Miller Lite and I am a happy girl!!!

Exactly! I don't like fancy beers, microbrewery beers, etc. Just like my Miller Lite. I grew up on PBR and Old Style so give me a ice cold Miller Lite and I am a happy girl!!!

Enjoy your Miller Lite!

My son in law loves Bud lite and we joke about what he likes and what I like, which are the stronger flavored microbrewery beers. We have some crude names for each others tastes, all in good fun though. :)

I would suggest that lite beer is kinda of fancy beer.

PBR on the other hand is an old standard. I used to enjoy Coors and Strohs and Miller Highlife, 'the champagne of bottled beer'. I think that was the tag line. :)

the beers with higher alcohol content seem to cost more and seem to taste better and I seem to like them better. Coincidence?;)

That is a correct correlation. :D

We were discussing that at the local brew pub and there was a article in the Great Lakes Brewery News on the same topic. The article was about why craft beers tend to have higher alcohol content and why they taste better. The truth is that it is harder to make a good tasting low alcohol beer, and the cost comes from the ingredients used, and not really because of the higher alcohol, but the higher alcohol is also a result of the ingredients. That also explains why the NA beers taste so bad. My wife says that it seems as if I am possessed about the alcohol content when looking at the beer list and always get the one with the most alcohol, and I tell her because If I can't sample it I know that it will taste the best. ;)

Edited by miched

No thanks, to me REAL beer is Miller Lite:D

It's called real pis*y beer at a couple of our microbrewery/bars.

(along with Bud Lite, Coors Light, any other lite or light)

Also called "yellow fizzy stuff".:p

I'm somewhere in the middle. While I don't like the big three domestic beers, and like and appreciate many of the better craft beers, the "free" $5.00 Sam Adams, Corona Extra, Red Stripe or Amstel Lights available to me on my Classic Beverage package will more than suffice! :)

That is a correct correlation. :D

We were discussing that at the local brew pub and there was a article in the Great Lakes Brewery News on the same topic. The article was about why craft beers tend to have higher alcohol content and why they taste better. The truth is that it is harder to make a good tasting low alcohol beer, and the cost comes from the ingredients used, and not really because of the higher alcohol, but the higher alcohol is also a result of the ingredients. That also explains why the NA beers taste so bad. My wife says that it seems as if I am possessed about the alcohol content when looking at the beer list and always get the one with the most alcohol, and I tell her because If I can't sample it I know that it will taste the best. ;)

If you can find it, try a Victory - Swing Session Saison . . . Tasty and only 4.5% abv

It's called real pis*y beer at a couple of our microbrewery/bars.

(along with Bud Lite, Coors Light, any other lite or light)

Also called "yellow fizzy stuff".:p

"T&A TV Ad Beers ( i.e. Water) - heck we'll serve you it if you'll pay $4 for it." According to Eulogy Belguim Bar here in Philly . . . http://eulogybar.server101.com/MENU%20BEER%20NOVEMBER%2019%202003.htm

Does anyone know if Blue Moon is sold onboard the Eclipse whilst she is in the Med?

If not, which craft beers are available? (other than Bud etc).

Thanks

i'm sorry but as a beer drinker/brewer I have to say "bud is not a craft beer." not a thing in the world wrong with it, if that's your taste, but please don't call it a craft beer.:rolleyes:

It wasn't that long ago USA had no "real" beer! I know as a young lad in Prince Albert Sask (Canada) A few times American tourists would pass on their American Bud and pick up our Canadian beer-tastes better and had higher alcohol %.... Everyone has their own beer tastes, funny how some get so defensive on the subject,lol Here in Nicaragua, the beer is pretty light, but you can get it for like 60 cents a can if you buy it at PriceSmart (costco)

That is true! My luck is that the beers I like, cost more. :rolleyes:

You spend thousands on a cruise and worry about a few pennys more on beer prices. Don't embarrass yourself.

You spend thousands on a cruise and worry about a few pennys more on beer prices. Don't embarrass yourself.

Many people can cruise because they save their pennies. Wished a few more people would save their pennies, maybe USA would be in better shape.

Really? I find this thread intesting and helpful in deciding whether to upgrade to the premium package for the "better" beer selection.

i'm sorry but as a beer drinker/brewer I have to say "bud is not a craft beer." not a thing in the world wrong with it, if that's your taste, but please don't call it a craft beer.:rolleyes:

Sorry, I was trying to ask what craft beers were available. I didn't want to know about the beers such as Bud. Didn't mean to infer that Bud was a craft beer, just a poorly worded question!

Sorry, I was trying to ask what craft beers were available. I didn't want to know about the beers such as Bud. Didn't mean to infer that Bud was a craft beer, just a poorly worded question!

just teasing! no beer snob here!

Gee, I wonder where people get the impression that some cruisers are obnoxious snobs? :rolleyes:

I love some good, dark, chewy beers, but on this cruise I plan to explore the cocktail side of life. Cheers!

I heard a saying among real beer drinkers----- went something like this--

"if your Honey really loves you--she'll give you Moosehead" :):)

A very good Nova Scotian beer!! Drank a lot of it when I lived there. Can find it in the USA as well

If you enjoy good beer, the Premium package is a must. DH loved sampling different brews last year in Michael's Club. I think he went around the world in beer!

So will he be upset that the Eclipse's Michael's club won't be converted to the microbrewery type yet?

I am--We're on the Oct 20th.:(

Hey pal, don't embarrass yourself by showing you know so little about beer prices on Celebrity. The Chimay Grand is $24, the Delirium Nocturnum is $14 - a Duvel is $12.

I might add that the above listed are probably 3 of my top faves :). Good thing we have the premium drink package - those can add up quickly over 14 days! Yeh, I said it - I DO consider how much I spend on a beer during my cruise.

Edited by bhughey

I live across the border from Canada. Sometimes I drink Molson Canadian, when I go to Canada they have Molson Export. Now why would they call it Export when they don't export it.

Canadian beer is really great beer and they have many different brands and styles and always brag about their beer. What is the best selling beer in Canada? Look it up and you will find that it is Bud or Bud light.

I

They built a Mazda plant near us and brought over a lot of Japanese executives to run the plant. To accommodate them they built a Japanese restaurant with waitresses dressed as Geisha girls. Had a sushi bar, private dining rooms where you had to take off your shoes and sit on the floor. it was a very nice place. Went there for dinner and had a few Japanese beers, sushi and Japanese food. Looked at the tables where the Japanese were sitting and the were drinking Bud and eating hamburgers.

They serve Corona here. It is considered premium beer or import. The Mexicans don't drink it. They say it is donkey pi$$

They advertise Fosters here and say what is the Australian word for beer, Foster. On one cruise I was talking to an Australian and he said they don't drink that *****, they send to to America.

Beer like food is very subjective and many times it is perception. I make my own beer and it is fun, I frequent many brew pubs and beer festivals. Whenever I go into a regular bar I will get their best selling beer because it will be fresh. I get a bad feeling when I ask for a beer that I liked and they say they have it and the dust it off.

Same on the cruise ship. Some of those beers that they have in Michaels club are a little aged.