Last Minute Cruising Tips

Hi guys,

So I've been keeping an eye on cruise deals for last minute and saw some really good ones for like the the June 17th sailing to Alaska one way.

Is there any tips in booking these? I am looking to book the week after Labor Day. Do you think if I wait 2 weeks ahead of time, that would be the best? Since it's off peak, I think it should be less likely to be sold out but if sold out, I can always delay to the following week or something.

Anything I should be aware of? I have always in the past booked months in advance but found that I would have gotten a lower price if I had waited.

i am booked on the 9/15 celebrity 11 day cruise which never went down in price because of scheduling, the other 14 day put together princess cruises are a screaming deal the catch of waiting is the air can really climb,

Thanks for mentioning the air fare.

The only good news I guess is September is historically one of the cheapest months to fly so at least I got that going for me.

I am based in Boston so what I could do is goto Bermuda from Boston as an alternative assuming that cruise became very cheap for last minute booking and I can watch the weather more closely if I book only 2-3 days in advance.

You usually need to book your flight at least 21 days out to get the cheaper airfare. If you book your cruise and airfare three to four weeks out that will probably give you the best deal all the way around.

Archived