Any 'Sales' Imminent?

SEFlyer

I'm wondering if any board members closer to the travel industry than are aware if Cunard has any sales imminent? I'm interested in September and October TA's and January WC first segment.

It seems Cunard are having less sales than one year or two years ago. They seem to be better able to sustain higher pricing than a year or two ago.

2013 Transatlantic Crossing Offers

Transatlantic Crossings:

Save up to $1200 per stateroom†. Fares from only $999*

Offer Expires: 30 June 2013

SOUTHAMPTON CROSSINGS – 7 DAYS

New York to SouthamptonSouthampton to New York201320133 MAY (M305A)

1 JUN (M308A)

6 JUL (M312)

27 JUL (M315)

15 AUG (M318A)

22 SEP (M322A)

27 OCT^ (M326A)

19 NOV (M329)

26 APR (M304)

25 MAY (M307C)

24 JUN (M310C)

20 JUL (M314)

8 AUG (M317N)

2 SEP^ (M320D)

8 OCT (M324D)

12 NOV (M328B)

15 DEC (M333)

201420141 JAN (M402)9 MAY (M404)

Stateroom Categories:

Early Booking

Fares From:*

Special

Queens Suite (Q7)

$4,899

$3,999

Princess Suite (P3)

$3,699

$2,999

Balcony (BD)

$1,799

$1,499

Oceanview (ED)

$1,599

$1,199

Inside (ID)

$1,299

$999

^8-day Crossing. *Government fees and taxes of up to $60 are additional and subject to change. Special fares are based on bolded departure dates only. Early Booking Fares are based on 25 May 2013 departure only. Fares for other dates may vary. Cunard reserves the right to impose a fuel supplement of up to $9 per person per day on all passengers if the NYMEX oil price exceeds $70 per barrel, even if fares have been paid in full.

HAMBURG CROSSINGS – 9 DAYS

New York to HamburgHamburg to New York201320133 MAY (M305)

1 JUN (M308)

15 AUG (M318N)

22 SEP (M322)

27 OCT^ (M326)

23 MAY (M307)

22 JUN (M310)

31 AUG ^ (M320N)

6 OCT (M324)

10 NOV (M328)

Stateroom Categories:

Early Booking

Special

Queens Suite (Q7)

$6,349

$5,199

Princess Suite (P3)

$4,849

$3,999

Balcony (BD)

$2,249

$1,799

Oceanview (ED)

$1,999

$1,499

Inside (ID)

$1,599

$1,299

^10-day Crossing. *Government fees and taxes of up to $80 are additional and subject to change. Special fares are based on bolded departure dates only. Early Booking Fares are based on 23 May 2013 departure only. Fares for other dates may vary. Cunard reserves the right to impose a fuel supplement of up to $9 per person per day on all passengers if the NYMEX oil price exceeds $70 per barrel, even if fares have been paid in full.

• 2013 Transatlantic Crossing Offers Fare Chart »icon_pdf_20.gifTerms and Conditions
    †Save up to $600 per stateroom offer is based on a per person discount off applicable Early Booking Fares on a space-available basis at time of reservation in Balcony staterooms (category BD) on the 25 May 2013 QUEEN MARY 2 Southampton to New York Crossing (M307C). Savings in other categories and on other voyages may vary. Early Booking Fares are offering fares and may not have been in effect for the past 90 days or resulted in actual sales in all categories. Intermediate discounts may have been taken and fares may remain at discounted levels after this promotion.
    *Fares apply to minimum lead-in categories on a space-available basis at time of reservation. Fares for other categories not shown may vary. Fares are per person, do not include air travel, are voyage only, based on double occupancy and apply to the first two guests in a stateroom. These fares do not apply to singles or third/fourth-berth guests. This offer is capacity controlled, is subject to change, and may not be combinable with any other public, group or past gu est discount, including On Board Credit. Offer is available to residents of the 50 United States, Canada, Bermuda, Puerto Rico, Mexico and the District of Columbia who are 21 years of age or older. Fares quoted in U.S. dollars. Cunard reserves the right to impose a fuel supplement of up to $9 per person per day on all passengers if the NYMEX oil price exceeds $70 per barrel, even if fares have been paid in full. Please refer to the applicable Cunard brochure or Cunard.com for terms, conditions and definitions that apply to all reservations. Ask about our applicable air add-on programme. Please reference promotion code: RDA/RDB. Offer expires 30 June 2013.

SEFlyer, one big problem, as I see it, is that each country seems to have sales at a different time. In another thread I looked at a fantastic sale for a particular cruise that had come out in the USA, but sale prices hadn't hit the UK or Canada. I don't know if you can purchase cruises from other countries or if you have to wait for Cunard to target your own location.

SEFlyer, one big problem, as I see it, is that each country seems to have sales at a different time. In another thread I looked at a fantastic sale for a particular cruise that had come out in the USA, but sale prices hadn't hit the UK or Canada. I don't know if you can purchase cruises from other countries or if you have to wait for Cunard to target your own location.

When I get offers from Cunard they always specify that they are only available to residents of certain listed countries.

MCC Retired, thanks for your detailed post. Do you have a link for that detail on the Cunard site so I can check specific dates?

Scrapnana and Fantasy 51, if you look at the T & C at the bottom of MCC's post you'll see the sale he posts applies to the U.S, Canada, Mexico, etc. I can buy at US prices in US$.

Cunard came out today with a $799 TA with free upgrade to a balcony cabin. Call your agent for details. I have been lurking in the shadows on this board for years. I thought I should come out of the closet and say hi!

Hi tourlink. Welcome to the forum. I also lurked for years before posting...and, like you I also had hundreds of SI Ferry experiences (for lack of a better word).

But back to the general topic...$799 USD for a transAlantic Crossing is amazing. Compare that price with the 5 night July 1 r/t NY Canada cruise, which is almost three times the price for a balcony even this close to sailing.

This is only my personal observation, but it seems to me that Crossings are a loss leader for Cunard.

Regards,

Salacia

Cunard came out today with a $799 TA with free upgrade to a balcony cabin. Call your agent for details. I have been lurking in the shadows on this board for years. I thought I should come out of the closet and say hi!

Hi tourlink99,

Thanks for the info. Can you share a bit more? Which crossing is $799? The lowest on the Cunard site is $995 on January 3. Does the fare quote apply to only one crossing or have they lowered fares across a range of crossings?

I'd be grateful for any further info you can share.

Just to mention, that in my experience - when the price of a voyage is seriously reduced due to low bookings, there is an obvious effect to the on-board experience. To reduce the loss of revenue, adjustments will be made in terms of the menu and certain on-board amenities. No business can be sustained without making a profit. Unfortunately, there will be those passengers who locked in their rate prior to the "sale" -and they will be subject to the same cost saving measures as those who booked at the lowest possible price. -S.

Just to bump this thread to let BMs know Cunard have loaded new sale prices for TAs.

The $799 fares mentioned above by tourlink99 were loaded on the Canadian site today....they were not there last night. They were also not on the US site on Sunday but could be today.

These changes have enabled me to upgrade to a balcony, reduce my fare by $10 and increase my OBC (from a an onboard deposit paid on my last voyage) by $50 for the October 8 TA.

I'm just waiting to hear from my travel agent about doing something similar for Sept 22. Then I plan to do the same for January 3.

If you are in North America and have not paid in full, only paid a deposit, you can cancel and rebook at the lower prices.

It pays to watch the website and post on here and get advice from people like tourlink99. :)

Archived