AMA Prima Magnificent Europe Review

KLRDUKS

My review of our May 8-22 AMA Magnificent Europe cruise on the AMA Prima just posted. Thank you Cruise Critic!!

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=221231

If anyone has any questions or would like more details, please let me know.

We were VERY lucky in that we only had scattered showers on several days and the rest it was sunny/partly cloudy, if not a little on the cool side. We just hope that the folks that have been impacted by the recent events, both on cruises and those that live in the area, are safe and recover quickly!!

Thank you for your excellent very detailed review! I love lots of details as they help me plan well. For instance, your mention of reasonable and quick laundry service means we will likely pack very lightly!

I do have a question about the specialty dinner ( and thanks for the advice about moving - for us our Budapest night might be lovely!) Where do you book the dinner once on board? Do you go to the restaurant or to thebrefukar dining room, or did you call?

Another small question - did you notice if the other smaller cabins with the balconies had foot rests with the chairs? Just wondering if we will be bale to stretch out. I often sit out (even bundled up if needed) while my DH takes photo graphs of the passing scenery.

Thanks so much, I am emailing your review to myself for future reference when I start planning my cruise!

No problem and I would be happy to help. See my answers to your questions below:

Thank you for your excellent very detailed review! I love lots of details as they help me plan well. For instance, your mention of reasonable and quick laundry service means we will likely pack very lightly!

I do have a question about the specialty dinner ( and thanks for the advice about moving - for us our Budapest night might be lovely!) Where do you book the dinner once on board? Do you go to the restaurant or to the brefukar dining room, or did you call?

For our cruise, the front desk folks at check in indicated there would be someone at Erlebnis at 2:00 pm on our Embarkation day to sign folks up. I got there right at 2:00 and someone had already signed up for their two dates. (One per week) By the time I left, there were 5-6 more folks waiting to sign up.

Another small question - did you notice if the other smaller cabins with the balconies had foot rests with the chairs? Just wondering if we will be bale to stretch out. I often sit out (even bundled up if needed) while my DH takes photo graphs of the passing scenery.

No, they only had 2 chairs and a small table. We befriended several couples that had AA & AB rooms and they both said there was very little room to get to the far chair if someone was in the chair nearest the door. Again, it depends on how much you will actually use it. There are so many open outdoor areas that it is rare to not be able to find a secluded spot. We also laid in bed during “nap time” and opened the French door window as well.

Thanks so much, I am emailing your review to myself for future reference when I start planning my cruise!

Thank you for your very detailed review. We will be aboard July 2 and your comments were very helpful and most encouraging. We can only hope that the weather will cooperate and there will be no swapping of ships, but we will take what comes.

Nice job, KLRDUKS! I appreciate all of the details and helpful information.

Your review makes me even more excited to sail on our first river cruise.

Thanks for taking the time to write such a nice report.

We decided to take advantage of a great promo on AmaPrima and have booked their Christmas and New Years cruise for this year.

We loved the AmaCerto and really enjoy AMA so we decided to spend our holidays with them this year.

Thanks for the review!:)

Thank you!

No problem and I would be happy to help. See my answers to your questions below:

I do have a question about the specialty dinner ( and thanks for the advice about moving - for us our Budapest night might be lovely!) Where do you book the dinner once on board? Do you go to the restaurant or to the

brefukar dining room, or did you call?

Not exactly sure what Autocorrect was doing here :confused::o Sorry about that, I think it was supposed to say " regular"!

Great review! We are doing the Jewish Heritage Cruise on the Danube in August. Thanks.

We will be on that cruise too (8/13-8/20)

We are staying pre cruise at the Intercontinental Prague booked with AMA.:)

Archived