NCK Sky Owners suite 8201 - A photo and video review

Zimomiller

See the link below for the pictures and videos that I took of our owners suite May 20-24, 2013 on the Sky. We really enjoyed the suite, balcony, large hot tub and all the special attention from the concierge and Butler.

http://s1324.photobucket.com/user/zimomiller/library/#/user/zimomiller/library/NCL%20Sky%20May%2020%202013%20%20Owners%20suite%208201?sort=3&page=0&_suid=1370975869627018614152238274562

See the link below for the pictures and videos that I took of our owners suite May 20-24, 2013 on the Sky. We really enjoyed the suite, balcony, large hot tub and all the special attention from the concierge and Butler.

http://s1324.photobucket.com/user/zimomiller/library/#/user/zimomiller/library/NCL%20Sky%20May%2020%202013%20%20Owners%20suite%208201?sort=3&page=0&_suid=1370975869627018614152238274562

Hi. Thank you. We booked the other OS on deck 8 (maybe it is 8001, not sure) for March.

Can you please let me know what things you used the concierge and butler for during your trip. I did call and purchase a cabana and requested the one we had last time but we have not been in an OS before. We are sailing on Breakaway next month but "just" in a BA (balcony).

We are leaving the boys at home and it will just be my mother and my dd-20. We will request the beds be seperated in the bedroom for my mother and me and think, by looking at your first video, will request that my dd's bed be pulled out from the left side of the suite (the same side where the bedroom is located) that way we can still have access to the balcony and a bed is off to the side and not open in the middle of the cabin.

Also, can you please let us know if it caused much problems having to keep the lights off/curtins closed at night? What if we want to use the jacuzzi or hang on the balcony at night? Are we able to do this?

We always sail in aft facing or cabins in the aft of the ship so looking forward to this new experience.

Thanks so much!

Hi. Thank you. We booked the other OS on deck 8 (maybe it is 8001, not sure) for March.

Can you please let me know what things you used the concierge and butler for during your trip. I did call and purchase a cabana and requested the one we had last time but we have not been in an OS before. We are sailing on Breakaway next month but "just" in a BA (balcony).

We are leaving the boys at home and it will just be my mother and my dd-20. We will request the beds be seperated in the bedroom for my mother and me and think, by looking at your first video, will request that my dd's bed be pulled out from the left side of the suite (the same side where the bedroom is located) that way we can still have access to the balcony and a bed is off to the side and not open in the middle of the cabin.

Also, can you please let us know if it caused much problems having to keep the lights off/curtins closed at night? What if we want to use the jacuzzi or hang on the balcony at night? Are we able to do this?

We always sail in aft facing or cabins in the aft of the ship so looking forward to this new experience.

Thanks so much!

Here are my answers:

Concierge - We had our concierge make our dining reservations, spa ressies etc. She would check in with us twice daily to see what else she could do for us. She could specially seat us at shows if we wanted. We had her print boarding passes for our flights after we disembarked. We met her for express debarkation as well. Cut the lines

Butler - Day 1 is lobster night. I had the Butler bring up a couple plates of lobstah tails and butter to munch on in the suite as appetizers; I asked him to not bring the usual cnapes aetc daily, instead bring cookies if various types early evening along with popcorn if he coudl find any. I had him swap out one bottle of rum for another bottle of gin. He kept the pop and water supplies well stoicked as our family of 5 drank a ton of pops and waters. Took em with us wherever we went. We ate in specialty restuarants every night and with 5 people in suite dining was not something that we wanted. When Mom and I went on the Sky in an aft PH by ourselves we had breakfast anbd dinner in suite everyday for a week. Basically if it is on the ship and you want it, they will get it for you. Want a Creme Brulee from Carneys? How about a Chocolate Fondue from Le Bistro? A drink? A bottle of wine or booze? All attainable via Butler.

Here is a link to a thread with more guidance on what you can have your butler do for you:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1415028

Make sure that you place your order for goodies to be delivered to the Cabana a day before you go to insure the orders get processed. Just turn in at the shore excursion desk

There are lights on the balcony that are somewhat diminished. Keeping the curtains closed was really no big deal. Just a small extra effort going in or out.

Our kids used the hot tub every night. Note: You must fill your tub and it takes a couple hours. The water is not reheated by the tub so in order to regulate temp you add hot or cold water and air as needed.

We have almost exclusively sailed in aft facing balcony cabins or suites for many years. The Sky 3 and 4 day cruises are the perfect time to grab a forward facing suite as the ship rarely attains much speed and the wind is really not an issue.

If you have more questions, lmk

Archived