Unlimited internet onboard

Kokomo_Man

Last November, Carnival was running a trial unlimited internet package. I was on the Breeze and it was great! The program was "temporarily suspended" shortly after that.

Does anyone have any experience with this program? What is the current status of this program? How's the internet on your most recent cruise?

Bob

Searching for Kokomo

Last November, Carnival was running a trial unlimited internet package. I was on the Breeze and it was great! The program was "temporarily suspended" shortly after that.

Does anyone have any experience with this program? What is the current status of this program? How's the internet on your most recent cruise?

Bob

Searching for Kokomo

Good question, heard there were some issues and it seems to have disappeared.

the problem with there Internet is it is to slow....the more people that use it the slower it gets....

I wish they had a better program and i hope they get affordable Internet....in todays society it should be easier ...I know it is a satellite feed but I have seen Satellite feeds much better then that.

We were on Glory 5 weeks ago and they only sold unlimited internet packages. It was $56 for unlimited basic and $135 for unlimited fast. I always spend about $80 on a bulk minute package, so I bought the unlimited basic package. (It was a 7 night Caribbean cruise.)

Much of the time, it was excruciatingly slow, much slower than I am used to at sea. However, I liked it because I never had to monitor my minutes. Ordinarily I try to use my minutes evenly across the whole cruise. I was often awake during the middle of the night and the Internet was pretty fast at those times.

Carnival's FAQ says they are still testing unlimited Internet and that there is no schedule of which ships are testing it which weeks. I believe they are also experimenting with different prices because other people have listed different prices on this forum.

We were on Glory 5 weeks ago and they only sold unlimited internet packages. It was $56 for unlimited basic and $135 for unlimited fast. I always spend about $80 on a bulk minute package, so I bought the unlimited basic package. (It was a 7 night Caribbean cruise.)

Much of the time, it was excruciatingly slow, much slower than I am used to at sea. However, I liked it because I never had to monitor my minutes. Ordinarily I try to use my minutes evenly across the whole cruise. I was often awake during the middle of the night and the Internet was pretty fast at those times.

Carnival's FAQ says they are still testing unlimited Internet and that there is no schedule of which ships are testing it which weeks. I believe they are also experimenting with different prices because other people have listed different prices on this forum.

The internet on the Splendor a few weeks ago was worse than dial up speeds. The crew member in the internet cafe said to open the cabin door and it would help but I really did not want to sit there with my cabin door open the whole time I was trying to check my work emails.

I mentioned to my wife that they should offer a flat charge like $15 for 24 hours like most hotels offer. Then after thinking about it I thought the reason they don't offer that is that there is such limited bandwidth that if they offered unlimited for 24 hours or unlimited for the entire cruise some people would be on there all day and it would make it even slower than it already is

The unlimited I had for the 10 days on the Breeze had good speed. In fact, it was faster than any other Carnival ship I've been on. Perhaps being the newest ship had a lot to do with it.

Bob

Searching For Kokomo

we were on the Freedom in April and it was the packages per minutes not unlimited. The speeds were what I have come to expect on cruise ship - -I used the WIFI in my cabin (Deck 10) and also in the Buffet Dining Room, worked ok. Hope they still have unlimited on the Glory, that is what I will get, of course I was not trying to stream anything, mostly facebook, emails and such...

Still on the Magic last month. I bought the high speed unlimited package for $135. Average speeds were probably around 2.5 Mbps. More than adequate for my needs. I was even able to FaceTime back home from the cabin. You could also purchase the high speed package for a day at $35/day.

Meredith

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

• 2 months later...
Still on the Magic last month. I bought the high speed unlimited package for $135. Average speeds were probably around 2.5 Mbps. More than adequate for my needs. I was even able to FaceTime back home from the cabin. You could also purchase the high speed package for a day at $35/day.

Meredith

So still being offered on Magic? Hope it's offered in december. :D:D

Meredith

Glad to hear it! We will be on the Magic again in October. I got the high speed last year and listened to football games on the "radio app" and then also used Facetime. BUT the price has gone up, it was $100 if memory serves me correctly.

I had the slower of the two unlimited Internet packages on the Breeze last December. It was quite a bit faster than any Internet I have used on a ship before. Had no issues with anything web pages loaded quickly.

Anyone know if this is still offered and the price?

Archived