Carnival Spirit "Triple Play" Sale 11-24 June '13

I received Carnival's email on 11/06/13 advising of cash backs, upgrades & reduced deposits on a host of Spirit cruises for a 2 week period ending 24/06/13.

I checked with our TA who arranged our 1 August 2014 booking & she went to work on our behalf with Carnival & we've now received a $200 reduction of our balcony cabin, with amended invoice now issued. All within 24 hours!

She had indicated that we could go for an upgrade or price reduction - the money won out!

For those that have booked on the Spirit (& it's not on all sailings, but still plenty of them), you may want to see if anything is on offer for you.:)

Phil

I received Carnival's email on 11/06/13 advising of cash backs, upgrades & reduced deposits on a host of Spirit cruises for a 2 week period ending 24/06/13.

I checked with our TA who arranged our 1 August 2014 booking & she went to work on our behalf with Carnival & we've now received a $200 reduction of our balcony cabin, with amended invoice now issued. All within 24 hours!

She had indicated that we could go for an upgrade or price reduction - the money won out!

For those that have booked on the Spirit (& it's not on all sailings, but still plenty of them), you may want to see if anything is on offer for you.:)

Phil

Good work.:D

Keep it in mind next time someone complains that we don't get everything US customers get.

Looks like we're more fortunate than most of the world!

Yeah, I know there are some sales excluding Aussies but then we can shop around and use US TAs to get some of those particular sales. On the plus side, we also get to live in Australia, so it is worth it.:D

I had just paid my deposit for a booking as it was the last day to do so or we might lose our room., then I checked emails and saw the sale. We are booked on one that is included in the sale.

I checked with our TA who told me that as we had already booked that we were not entitled to the benefits of the sale. Seems not as good a TA as yours Ned.

I then emailed carnival directly from their website a week ago and have heard nothing in reply.

I have been a little peeved as I was hoping to also receive some reduction in our cabin price to a lower one, but have not been so lucky.

Perhaps I should try a little harder?

I had just paid my deposit for a booking as it was the last day to do so or we might lose our room., then I checked emails and saw the sale. We are booked on one that is included in the sale.

I checked with our TA who told me that as we had already booked that we were not entitled to the benefits of the sale. Seems not as good a TA as yours Ned.

I then emailed carnival directly from their website a week ago and have heard nothing in reply.

I have been a little peeved as I was hoping to also receive some reduction in our cabin price to a lower one, but have not been so lucky.

Perhaps I should try a little harder?

Kazza you will find its for new bookings only and someTA's wont budge

I don't usually use TAs , so doubt if I will be keen to do so again. This one was recommended, but will not go with them again.

Kazza some TA's are good (some will give price drops too)and normally they will beat the cruise lines with prices and OBC, we cant name them on the site but when you cruise talk to your fellow cruisers and you will get some good tips

Kazza you will find its for new bookings only and someTA's wont budge

Hi RKMW & Kazza

We received our $200 reduction from this current Carnival sale on a booking we made through our TA in Sydney back in October 2012.

So it is possible & as suggested,maybe it's the "fight" in the TA. Perhaps sales volumes too gives the TA leverage?

Phil

Could it be that their commission (worked out on a percentage basis) would be less if they pass on a reduction in cruise fare? :)

Hi Aus Traveller

I dare say you're 100% correct, but you'd think that given that the lost commission would only be small (what, maybe 5% on a $200 - $300 cabin reduction?), the smart approach would be to potentially gain far more in goodwill & possible future bookings by pursuing any discounts for their clients.

Phil

Archived