Everything quantum!!!!!!

Does anyone remember the blimp off the back of the ship a few years ago (Oasis). They cancelled it because it ended up in the water during sea trials. So wait for the sea trials on this. They announced the blimp to but it was cancelled for safety reasons.

It says they have something like this on land through this company (in trials) maybe for the ship.

Royal Caribbean never announced the Aerostat for Oasis. They ensured that all the concept art was taken at angles to hide it (though one head on image did reveal something weird back there). The first time it was truly known was when they went out on sea trials and it broke free. They then went back and photoshopped it out of every picture. It wasn't until recently that Royal Caribbean has openly admitted to the Aerostat ever existing, though we all knew it did. They would never openly announce and publicize a feature that was not fully tested out and guaranteed to work.

Ok can anyone catch me up on what's happened in this thread in the past week?! I was on the Allure and didn't have access. My brother said he saw new concept art of some of the dining venues of the ship while watching Channel 14 on Allure...I never got to see so I can't confirm if its true of not!

Ok can anyone catch me up on what's happened in this thread in the past week?! I was on the Allure and didn't have access. My brother said he saw new concept art of some of the dining venues of the ship while watching Channel 14 on Allure...I never got to see so I can't confirm if its true of not!

Welcome back! How did u like the Allure? She's one of my favorite ships.:cool::)

Sounds like the indoor family pool is a retractable roof while the adult solarium is a permanent roof.

Wow, I go away on vacation (camping, sorry it wasn't a cruise... :mad:) and I have a lot of catching up to do. Thanks to all for the updates and I'm hoping the family pool is retractable because when it's in the hot climates, they can open it up, otherwise it will be a sauna in there, especially in the summer months even with air conditioning.

That was one of the concerns my DH and I had, not as much outdoor space to lounge once you get into warmer climates.

I hope you post a review on the North Star. I'm sailing 4/12.

Will do.

Echos of the Rising Tide bar, hmmmm??:p

I'll try not to break it when aboard on 1/3/15:rolleyes:

Lol I didn't think the tide bar would have issues. This is a far larger project that's subjected to the elements. The bar is not.

Wow, I go away on vacation (camping, sorry it wasn't a cruise... :mad:) and I have a lot of catching up to do. Thanks to all for the updates and I'm hoping the family pool is retractable because when it's in the hot climates, they can open it up, otherwise it will be a sauna in there, especially in the summer months even with air conditioning.

That was one of the concerns my DH and I had, not as much outdoor space to lounge once you get into warmer climates.

Yes, they've already said in a bunch of things that the family pool will be a retractable roof. They have also said the water WILL NOT be heated.

Thanks to all for the updates and I'm hoping the family pool is retractable because when it's in the hot climates, they can open it up, otherwise it will be a sauna in there, especially in the summer months even with air conditioning.

These Ships have been designed for Cold Weather Cruising and there is virtually no open Space

543818_10151453624775859_1082821468_n.jpg

From this Image and the deckplan.

Starts at the large screen TV Deck 14 and going to the Bow

Outside Adult Pool

Whirpools

Zip Lines

North Star Bar Decks 14 and 15

North Star Entrance / Whirlpools

North Star Bar Deck 14

Retractable Roof Adults only Pool

Solarium Bar

Adult Solarium Spas either side Deck 14

Adult Solarium Cascading Pool Deck 14 and 13

Adult Kidney shaped Pools Deck 13

QN_04.jpg

Starting at the Large Screen TV Deck 14 and Going to the Stern

Kids/Teens open Pool

Teens Area Decks 14 and 15 left Side

3 "more to Come" Area's

up to Deck 15

Gaming /Arcade /Seaplex

Rock Climbing Wall Right Side / Water Park Simulator Left Side

Jogging Track

up to Deck 16

Seaplex

Rip Cord

Flo Rider

I would not be surprised to see later versions of the Quantum Class not have any Kids/Teens facilities at all .

quantum-arm1.jpg

Edited by TheDyesolKid

These Ships have been designed for Cold Weather Cruising and there is virtually no open Space

543818_10151453624775859_1082821468_n.jpg

From this Image and the deckplan.

Starts at the large screen TV Deck 14 and going to the Bow

Outside Adult Pool

Whirpools

Zip Lines

North Star Bar Decks 14 and 15

North Star Entrance / Whirlpools

North Star Bar Deck 14

Retractable Roof Adults only Pool

Solarium Bar

Adult Solarium Spas either side Deck 14

Adult Solarium Cascading Pool Deck 14 and 13

Adult Kidney shaped Pools Deck 13

QN_04.jpg

Starting at the Large Screen TV Deck 14 and Going to the Stern

Kids/Teens open Pool

Teens Area Decks 14 and 15 left Side

3 "more to Come" Area's

up to Deck 15

Gaming /Arcade /Seaplex

Rock Climbing Wall Right Side / Water Park Simulator Left Side

Jogging Track

up to Deck 16

Seaplex

Rip Cord

Flo Rider

I would not be surprised to see later versions of the Quantum Class not have any Kids/Teens facilities at all .

quantum-arm1.jpg

Just curious..why would you think they would eliminate kids/ teens area?

makes no sense to eliminate kids/teens area. RCI has repositioned itself as the premier family cruise line (minus disney of course) and it would be financial suicide to elimate those areas. In fact, they have expanded Adventure Ocean to 2 decks on Quantum.

Just curious..why would you think they would eliminate kids/ teens area?

Why not ??

topanga49er "In fact, they have expanded Adventure Ocean to 2 decks on Quantum."

Have they now ??. You mean that what it says on the Deck Plan

Does not make sense where it is . Miles away fom the other Kids stuff

Basically the only Activity on Decks 7 to 13 and everything else is cabins/suites.

Why would they put it in deck plan if not definitely happening? There are plenty of "more to come" areas that they could have been as vague w/ Adventure Ocean. And Q's AO is right where it was on oasis class: upper decks forward. Perfect b/c under pool decks.

Again I say that fiscally it would make no sense to eliminate one of the biggest increasing revenue streams: families with kids. Besides, what would Shrek and Fiona do w/ a bunch of older folks?:rolleyes:

As of now, Royal Caribbean is only allowing bookings on Quantum of the Seas through April 2015, but itineraries after April 2015 have yet to be announced.

Last night a spokesperson from Bermuda said: “We have received an application from Royal Caribbean to deploy the Quantum of the Seas on a Bermuda itinerary for 2015 but no decision has been made."

As of now, Royal Caribbean is only allowing bookings on Quantum of the Seas through April 2015, but itineraries after April 2015 have yet to be announced.

Last night a spokesperson from Bermuda said: “We have received an application from Royal Caribbean to deploy the Quantum of the Seas on a Bermuda itinerary for 2015 but no decision has been made."

Shaun, I would think that Bermuda would jump on this opportunity to have Quantum sail there. The "no decision has been made" part of the comment is strange. Maybe Royal Caribbean has specific requirements and conditions they want Bermuda to meet first at part of the application.

Shaun, I would think that Bermuda would jump on this opportunity to have Quantum sail there. The "no decision has been made" part of the comment is strange. Maybe Royal Caribbean has specific requirements and conditions they want Bermuda to meet first at part of the application.

It must be on the RCCL side as I think if I called Bermuda and said I wanted to dock the Staten Island ferry there a few hours they would say yes :D

It must be on the RCCL side as I think if I called Bermuda and said I wanted to dock the Staten Island ferry there a few hours they would say yes :D

Bermuda is actually the most restrictive country there is. They only grant so many licenses a year to the lines. It wasn't until recently that they would even allow them to do one day stops but that change required the number of days to remain equal which led to the 5 night Bermuda sailings to balance the 9 night ones to equal 3 days every other week. Grandeur then has the 3 day license for the other weeks.

More on the north star

Crane supplier MacGregor is to provide Royal Caribbean International’s first Quantum-class ship, Quantum of the Seas, with a viewing pod.

Guests will be lifted 91 metres above sea level in ‘North Star’, a jewel-shaped, glass capsule, before swinging out over the sea for the first-of-its-kind guest experience.

“We are the first crane supplier involved in anything like this type for a cruise ship,” said Jonas Hägglund, sales manager at MacGregor. “Safety is paramount and the operator needed a crane supplier that would not only deliver the highest safety standards, but also proven, reliable technology for the North Star guest experience.”

Fourteen guests and one crew member can be accommodated in the 7.1-ton viewing gondola, which will be fitted with a stabilising system designed to provide a comfortable ride for guests.

“All crane movements will be smooth and immediate, with stepless speed control, essential for this type of guest experience. It is also important that the experience is as quiet as possible, so the main power pack will be rubber-suspended to minimise vibrations and noise transmission; the crane housing will also be isolated to minimise noise,” added Hägglund. “Given the vessel's cruising areas, the system is fitted with an air-type cooler to keep the crane's hydraulic oil at a moderate temperature even in very hot ambient conditions, which ensures a long oil life and reliable crane performance.”

9287235606_8427e1da4e_o.jpg

Here is a photo of the keel.

In the right foreground it appears they have built a mock up of the layout of one of the floors... at least thats my best guess. :confused:

Here is a close up of the area

9284487791_f6a020945a_b.jpg

Edited by shaun07