Everything quantum!!!!!!

Regarding Two70, here's information from 5+ Designs and they have more renderings in the Image Gallery for the project:

Quantum of the Seas, the first of Royal Caribbean Cruises’ new Quantum series of ships, represents the next chapter in 5+design’s successful partnership with the travel company. For this vessel, scheduled to launch in 2014, 5+design has designed Two70°, a unique multifunctional indoor entertainment space in the form of a glass-enclosed great room with elliptically terraced seating, a restaurant, a bar and a library. By day, the three-deck-tall room at the rear of the ship will serve as a gathering spot where guests can enjoy meals, games, reading and lounging while surrounded by a 270-degree view of the water outside the window walls. By night, the room will morph into an exciting venue for parties, dancing and performances featuring actors, musicians or aerialists – all against a backdrop of digital projections that bring breathtaking outdoor scenes indoors.

5+design has conceived Two70° by maximizing the versatility of both its architecture and décor. Intimate conversation areas for couples, families and small groups will be laid out within the larger space. The stage, bandstands and dance floor will be movable so sets can be reconfigured for different productions. Lighting and audio speakers will be embedded in walls, floors and the ceiling to provide an immersive sensory experience. Multipurpose furniture and accessories will include seating that is equally comfortable for dining, lounging and theater viewing, room dividers that can be lowered into the floor and chandeliers that can be raised above sight lines.

http://www.5plusdesign.com/projects/?p=1208

Here's another article on Two70 - http://www.wallaceimmen.com/royal-caribbeans-quantum-leap-its-new-ship-becomes-a-transformer/

I was searching for an article I read a few weeks ago where someone from 5+ Designs mentioned that passengers will feel "more connected" with the ports that they're visiting, which could be interpreted to mean that what's shown could transform to where you are in the world. In the second article, I like how Two70 is described as helping passengers feel more connected to the sea, and with the almost lack of a promenade (I know there's a debate on another thread), this would be cool room be able to see the sea...

Wow!!! Those renderings are awesome! Thanks for sharing.:D:cool:

The rumor is that it will take over for the Explorer's Bermuda itinerary and the St. Marteen port schedule lists the Quantum for the summer 2015 season as an exact timing replacement for the EOS, so it seems they will be doing a 5 day to bermuda Sat - Thurs followed by a 9 day Bermuda/Eastern from Thurs - Sat. At least that's where every clue points.

That's too bad ... the 5 day Bermuda is too short especially with this big beautiful new ship. Love the 9 day, just did this last month for our first cruise on Royal Caribbean.

Actually, loved it so much that we just booked the Quantum 12 day in April 2015. We were going to do the 8 day Bahamas but DH wasn't excited about that ... again! So we booked the longer cruise with the great itinerary but chose the forward facing OV cabin instead of a balcony to save money. Really excited about this cabin though ... does another ship have this cabin? Any info would help.

OK, off to join the Roll Call for my new cruise and I have 5000+ posts to catch up on .... ;). Thanks everyone for all the info and fun; will be checking back daily.

That's too bad ... the 5 day Bermuda is too short especially with this big beautiful new ship. Love the 9 day, just did this last month for our first cruise on Royal Caribbean.

Actually, loved it so much that we just booked the Quantum 12 day in April 2015. We were going to do the 8 day Bahamas but DH wasn't excited about that ... again! So we booked the longer cruise with the great itinerary but chose the forward facing OV cabin instead of a balcony to save money. Really excited about this cabin though ... does another ship have this cabin? Any info would help.

OK, off to join the Roll Call for my new cruise and I have 5000+ posts to catch up on .... ;). Thanks everyone for all the info and fun; will be checking back daily.

Glad you will be joining us on the 4/12 sailing. You won't believe the activity..I've never seen a roll call so busy.

Regarding Two70, here's information from 5+ Designs and they have more renderings in the Image Gallery for the project:

Quantum of the Seas, the first of Royal Caribbean Cruises’ new Quantum series of ships, represents the next chapter in 5+design’s successful partnership with the travel company. For this vessel, scheduled to launch in 2014, 5+design has designed Two70°, a unique multifunctional indoor entertainment space in the form of a glass-enclosed great room with elliptically terraced seating, a restaurant, a bar and a library. By day, the three-deck-tall room at the rear of the ship will serve as a gathering spot where guests can enjoy meals, games, reading and lounging while surrounded by a 270-degree view of the water outside the window walls. By night, the room will morph into an exciting venue for parties, dancing and performances featuring actors, musicians or aerialists – all against a backdrop of digital projections that bring breathtaking outdoor scenes indoors.

5+design has conceived Two70° by maximizing the versatility of both its architecture and décor. Intimate conversation areas for couples, families and small groups will be laid out within the larger space. The stage, bandstands and dance floor will be movable so sets can be reconfigured for different productions. Lighting and audio speakers will be embedded in walls, floors and the ceiling to provide an immersive sensory experience. Multipurpose furniture and accessories will include seating that is equally comfortable for dining, lounging and theater viewing, room dividers that can be lowered into the floor and chandeliers that can be raised above sight lines.

Here's another article on Two70 - http://www.wallaceimmen.com/royal-caribbeans-quantum-leap-its-new-ship-becomes-a-transformer/

I was searching for an article I read a few weeks ago where someone from 5+ Designs mentioned that passengers will feel "more connected" with the ports that they're visiting, which could be interpreted to mean that what's shown could transform to where you are in the world. In the second article, I like how Two70 is described as helping passengers feel more connected to the sea, and with the almost lack of a promenade (I know there's a debate on another thread), this would be cool room be able to see the sea...

Nice work, Maybe the walls will be like the virtual balconies and show the view from the front of the ship

Love it....looks beautiful! Thanks for sharing!:)

Thanks for finding those articles. Also for those royal promenade naysayers, apparently there will be something called a "royal esplanade" going through the spine of the ship! Sounds very "promenady" to me:D:D

Here is a pretty good description of an "Esplanade."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Esplanade

Interesting choice of names for the new version of the promenade. I can't wait for Royal Caribbean to release more information on this feature! :cool:

Eric

I think it's so cool how transformational two70 will be throughout the day and night. The idea of the room dividers sinking into the floor and the seating being rearranged, the chandelier raised, etc., to make for a comfortable event venue is not only smart, but... for lack of a better word right now... down right cool :)

I think it's so cool how transformational two70 will be throughout the day and night. The idea of the room dividers sinking into the floor and the seating being rearranged, the chandelier raised, etc., to make for a comfortable event venue is not only smart, but... for lack of a better word right now... down right cool :)

I agree I think the transformation may be a bit of a show in itself

I've heard either Port Canaveral or Norfolk, Va. Only time will tell.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

We would definitely travel to Norfolk from NY for Anthem. Love Va. !

In the meantime, we have Quantum booked for April 2015 and couldn't be more thrilled to drive one hour to port on a brand new ship! :)

Well there goes my theory that it will break down. Germany's over think everything. That baby will run through anything.

Well there goes my theory that it will break down. Germany's over think everything. That baby will run through anything.

Always safety first right. You know these guys at RCCL will vet everything thoroughly and that is why some of us sail with them.

Always safety first right. You know these guys at RCCL will vet everything thoroughly and that is why some of us sail with them.

I didn't think it wouldn't be safe. I just figured it wouldn't be working much.

Does anyone remember the blimp off the back of the ship a few years ago (Oasis). They cancelled it because it ended up in the water during sea trials. So wait for the sea trials on this. They announced the blimp to but it was cancelled for safety reasons.

It says they have something like this on land through this company (in trials) maybe for the ship.