Ft. Lauderdale Hotel with Balcony?

petlover

We're cruising out of Port Everglades and looking for a hotel that has a balcony (it doesn't have to be a step out kind as it's for fresh air after learning that many of the hotels in Ft. Lauderdale have windows that DO NOT open). I'd like one that I can know for sure it has a balcony rather than subject to availability if possible. Any suggestions? Thank you.

Here's one more vote for Marriott Marina. It's the only hotel we stay at for a precruise in Ft. Lauderdale. We always request a room overlooking the marina/pool area, which in my opinion, is much prettier than requesting a room overlooking the port.

I've never had good luck with getting Marriott Marina through Priceline, but I know others on this board have. I believe you have to select 3 star properties downtown. For this coming February, I put my bid up to $135/night, and it was still rejected. I guess that's because as of right now, the cost for the nights we want to stay before our cruise is $309/night. I've got almost enough Marriott Reward points to get our room for free for the two nights.

Don't be discouraged about getting a priceline room for February '06. I doubt if they have any inventory yet for that far off in the future. Give it a little more time before you bid again. Don't start at $135 either. I think you can do much better if you wait awhile.

Libracuiser, It looks and sounds like a very nice hotel. The only reason I ruled out the Renaissance is that all the windows are inoperable and I like to open a window or have a balcony for ventillation. It seems to have good reviews on tripadvisor.com too. Many have received the Renaissance on Priceline for very good prices.

Another vote here for the Marriott Marina. I, too, have recieved that hotel through priceline. I am hoping to bid for next Feb. too and hope to get the Marriott. I agree, its way too early to bid for Feb '06, wait til around September or so, that's when I plan to start bidding.

I have received the Marriott once for $52 for a Sunday night stay, and $75 for a Saturday night stay, both compliments of priceline.

Another Marina Marriott vote. We stayed there April 2005 for $90 including tax. We were on the 4th floor tower room with balcony. Nice view.:)

Easy access to a water shuttle and shuttle to Port Everglades. They do not have airport pickkup, but our cab ride was $12 including tip.

I did priceline in August 2004 for April 2005. :)

Thanks for the quick reply; I will probably try the Renaissance, simply for that reason. Have stayed Pier 66 and the Marriott Marina.............it can't be bad, can it? Will probably try Priceline, since the current best rate for 12/2 is $185.

Libracruzer, I don't know if you use ebay or not (I'm a huge fan of ebay) but I noticed this auction. Not sure how high the price will go as there's only 8 hours left to go but this might work for you at the Renaissance even if you just use one night. I've gotten many a hotel room on ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=3255&item=6541199137&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

Thanks Marcie, I didn't even know to look for hotel rooms on ebay!

Also wanna put my vote in for Marriott Marina - I adore their "Jamison beds". I've been trying to land a Priceline stay for January too, with no success. I am not encouraged because I haven't seen Marriott come up as a winning bid in quite awhile, but keeping my fingers crossed.

Good Luck to all!

Happy Travels ~ Splish

Archived