Sharing photo - which site?

Shutterfly is always good for that. You can create separate albums for different things if you like to break up your photos, they also provide unlimited storage space. It is easy to generate a "shared" site once you have uploaded all your pictures. Whether I end up ordering from them or not I always use them for the free storage, safety in case anything should ever happen to my home computer ;)

And, just for confusion, I use Photobucket (although I do have a Shutterfly account as well)!

If you're just going to share a link with family and friends to an album, any of them should work, just play around and see which site you like best. If you're going to embed a photo on another webpage, be a littler more careful. At one time, Flickr didn't like embedded photos, for instance. I know Photobucket works fine on Cruise Critic, and I don't have the others to compare...

Photobucket is free for some amount of bandwidth per month, and there's a premium (paid) option that gives you more storage and bandwidth.

I can't wait until Photobucket enables their "download album" feature so I can pull all my stuff off it. I cannot stand the new interface.

I didn't like it at first (I had just learned how to do things on the old one) but now I like it, especially looking at an album. What don't you like?

I didn't like it at first (I had just learned how to do things on the old one) but now I like it, especially looking at an album. What don't you like?

I liked being able to have everything on one page, so I didn't have to hunt around through a dozen pages to find the one photo I was looking for. I only use Photobucket to link forum photos...

planet.png

...so time is of the essence when dishing out snappy retorts. :D Plus, I find Flickr easier to organize and share.

Archived