A Few Sovereign Questions!!!

We'll be on the SOS in mid-August and I have a few questions!

*Are there Audio-Visual jacks on the TV's in the cabins? We like to utilize them to view our pictures and listen to a portable CD player.

*How is the live music scene on board?

*Any outstanding bartenders or bar waiters??? We like to hook up with one or two, and have found that if you take care of them...they'll take care of you!!!

*Is there a wine package offered on the 3 day itinerary?

Any help with these questions would be appreciated! We're so excited to go...especially after watching the TLC show!!!

Thanks in advance!

We were on the Sovereign in February - ship looks great!

No A/V jacks on the TV that I remember.

No wine package but bottle prices were not too bad.

Bands were good.

Have a great cruise!

Lou

Hello we were on the Sovereign May 2-6 and again June 6-11 and I have her booked again sept 19 I dont remember any jacks on the tv we like to view our pic also. the Band is caribbean wave they are pretty good. The best bars are the aft bar on deck 11 at pool and schooners. as far as wine I dont drink wine I cant stand it . If you need anymore questions answered Ill try email me at cybrguys1@netzero.net have a great cruise that ship is great James

No wine package offered on the 4 nighter, I assume it's the same for the 3 nighter. We really enjoyed the Rockin' Pianos in Boleros. Also really enjoyed Rosario Strings, beautiful music, wish I had bought their CD. There may have been jacks on our TV in the Superior OV room, I can't recall now.

We loved our Sovereign cruise! You'll have a blast. :D

Just got off the Sovereign

Yes there were AV jacks on our TV and we were in an inside room.

The Jamacian Band on the pool deck, the Rosario strings and Sol Play band were all very good. The rockin pianos where good too.

Aunde in Boleros rocked....and yes he took care of us while we took care of him;)

No

Some more questions...what deck is Boleros on? Is the Champagne Bar still on deck 7? The bar on deck 11 aft mentioned by James&Rob...where is that? I may have an old book...but I can't seem to find it. Do you mean the pool bar midship? Is there an alternative restaurant?

James&Rob...you must be Sovereign freaks??? I mean that in a nice way of course!!! 3 times in 5 months??? You must both get a lot of vacation time!!! Lucky you!

Thanks again!!!

I just got off the SOS (with Thrawny- sorry I didn't get to meet him) And he is correct about the jacks on the TV. My husband noticed that right away, and we had a inside cabin also. Prepare yourselves for the size of the rooms! (if you booked a regular one, that is);) Boleros is on deck 7-mid ship. There are 2 pool bars- one at the end of each pool. I think it depends if you smoke or not- to where you find your favorite spot. Don't worry, you will find one, too. It seemed so easy to try all the different spots! I would be more than happy to become your personal guide to the ship, if you want to pitch in for a suite (for me-I'm spreading out a bit this next time!) Just give me the word!:rolleyes:

Thanks Mary!!! I'll hope for the best with regards to the AV jacks on the TV's!!! We booked a Cat H and we're going with a group of friends...there are about 9 of us going. One friend had to back out, and so the other friend could go...we put her in our cabin so she wouldn't have to pay for the whole cabin by herself. I know we'll be cramped, but my hubby is a good sport and we decided we would rather her go with us and be crowded then her not go at all!

Where do you live in Clearwater? What do you do? What TA do you use? Anyone local? Sorry for the questions...I love meeting other cruisers and especially ones that live near me and that know about this website!

Anyway...thanks for the info! Maybe we'll run into each other sometime...either in Clearwater or on a ship!

P.S. Did the Champagne Bar become Boleros? Also...did you go on any excursions in Nassau?

Hello Gage

The bar Im talking about is at the aft end of the pools its usually not too crowded and they will make the drinks strong .LOL. as for being Sovereign Freaks yep we love the old girl, I have sailed on many different ships as you can see in my signature and I must be honest I like the sovereign better than the others, as far as vacation time Im an auctioneer and I own my business so I can take off when ever I just book cruises between auctions like june 6 cruise got back on june10 had and auction June 16 and june 18. have a great cruise I will try to answer your questions if possible James

james&rob...I know you don't drink wine...but what about the Champagne Bar? Is it still there, or is that area now Boleros? What did you guys do in Nassau? We've been there like 4 times...but have only done one excursion and it was just okay! We'll be with a group of friends and NO KIDS!!! Our daughter is 2 yrs old and will be staying with my parents. This is a booze cruise for us!

Thanks!

Hello the champagne bar is no longer there, In nassau we go to Atlantis and gamble,we go up to the old fort and water tower and just explore we have been there like 4 times ourself, But I have talked 2 of my employees in going so I booked them friday so I will be showing them around. I usually dont do and excruision in nassau I go on my own. we do love coco cay though we have parasailed there and this time we are going to do the wave runners. have a great cruise James

A couple of questions for you that sail on the Sovereign....

1. How formal is formal night? We are thinking about just skipping that and going to the buffet instead. We don't feel like packing the extra gear to dress up for just one night, even though we do enjoy the formal night atmosphere.

2. Back to the Nassau trips....do you just go to Atlantis on your own? That is one place we are looking forward to visiting.

3. Just how bad are the inside rooms? We have one booked but can upgrade. We just like to spend the extra money we save on other things but if they are really bad....let us know and we can make a quick change to our reservations.

Thanks!!

Good morning cruzzers

I can answer all your questions.

Formal night is formal if you do it but you dont have to dress. I did formal night on my may cruise but on my June cruise on the sovereign we didnt even take the suits we ate in the windjammer every night ,Just about everything in the windjammer is what is being served in the dinning room.

Atlantis-You can get a watertaxi right there where you come out of the port it is 6.00 round trip it will carrie you over to atlantis but you have to be able to walk about 1/2 to 3/4 mile from where you get off the water taxi its not really bad. But if you cant walk like my dad you can get a taxi for I think my dad said 5.00 one way they will drop you at the door.

Inside Cabin-we have sailed on many ships and had balconys and ocean veiws we was on the Sovereign may 2 with and ocean view cabin and in June I booked inside That was the first time in 6 cruises I had inside and I must be honest It was fine.when we had ocean view we looked out to the window 2 times so I decided to save 300.00 and go inside My booking for sept is also inside You dont stay in the cabin that much at least we didnt. Now Im not sure is you have cruised befor but the cabins on this ship are small but adiquite. I Think this ship is great thats why my sept cruise will make 3 times in 5 months anymore questions feel free to ask you can also e-mail me if you want

cybrguys1@netzero.net Have a great cruise James

All the Sovereign standard cabins are VERY small. Since the cruise is so short, and generally you are not in your room much – it is not a problem. The inside is just a few square ft. smaller than the outside but the layout is somewhat different making the room seem smaller. I think it has to do with the placement of the vanity ( chair) and the bathroom door. In both rooms – there is not even a sitting area. (Just a chair at the vanity). To make you feel better – the Sovereign junior suites are not much larger than a standard balcony room on most other ships.

If you are viewing the room as a place to change and sleep, then the inside is fine. We find that on the Sovereign the price difference between the inside and outside may only be a few dollars (sometimes a few as $20) per person so we go for the outside to get the natural light in the AM.

As for formal night we do usually dress (tux for seven day trip) and on the Sovereign my husband will wear a sport jacket with a tie. The crowd is mixed and we see a few very dressed and some in sport shirts.

If you’ve never been to the Atlantis it is worth the trip just to see the place – it is beautiful.

In Nassau, you can pick up map and do self guided walking tour of the Queen’s Stairs and the Water Tower and fort. The tower is a great spot to see the whole area. You can hop on the #10 bus to Cable beach.

We enjoy the Sovereign and have sailed her several times. You should find a friendly and accommodating staff.

Have a wonderful time.

Marci

James and Marci, Thanks so much for the good information. We will keep the inside room for now and upgrade if we see the prices go down. Since we are flying to Orlando and couple of days early, we will use the extra $ to rent a car and go to Epcot.

The water taxi to Atlantis sounds great and we love to walk so that is no problem.

I am glad to hear we can get by without all the formal garb for this short cruies.

Could either of you give us advise on excursions or activities after the cruise.....We booked a late flight out of Orlando 6:30 PM so we would have the day to play. We don't want to rent a car and thought about doing the Kennedy Space Center tour. It will keep us busy all day and take us to the airport with our luggage later. Have either of you done any of the tours?

Thanks again for all your good information!

Archived