British Airways checked baggage issue

CoSec

Posted this in Roll calls by mistake:

We fly to Athens on Monday morning 17 June to be ready to join Quest on Tuesday 18th. Booked flights through Seabourn. On just checking online "Manage My Account " on BA website to see what our baggage allowance is, I noticed that we seemed to have no checked baggage allowance. So called them and after a lot of hanging on while they sought an answer to my query they ultimately said that the system has no record of a checked baggage allowance for us. They queried whether it was a deal fare with hand luggage only (odd as their own website says those fares are only from Gatwick and this is a Heathrow flight). I said no. they could only suggest I call the agent who made the booking. I called Seabourn direct and they said they were aware there was a problem. They advised that if checking in online decline to pay for a checked luggage bag by clicking on on the " don't know how many bags" option. Then check the baggage in at the airport. They said the BA staff should know that Seabourn and HAL group bookings do not have to pay for the normal basic allowance bag, but if they didn't and we have to pay then keep the receipt and reclaim once onboard Quest.

Let's see how it goes, but it is a wrinkle one could do without at the start of a holiday and means that checking in online (apart from getting a seat allocation if still needed) won't avoid the need to check in again at the airport to deal with this issue.

Anyone else experienced this?

Very surprised at this.All BA flights have a free luggage allowance, unless you are flying from Gatwick on a 'hand luggage only' ticket. Generally it is one suitcase 23kg, per person, in economy or two suitcases, of 23kg,per person in club class.

If you go to the 'Manage my booking ' page of your booking and click on the flight information , there should be a heading for baggage which shows your allowance.

Never heard of this :confused:

Our flights were booked via a TA using Seabourn. Which flight are you on from Heathrow?......The 7.10?

Yes the very same. Our tickets were booked through an agent via Seabourn. Seabourn seemed well aware that this was a problem when i called and has been since the beginning of June apparently.

Very surprised at this.All BA flights have a free luggage allowance, unless you are flying from Gatwick on a 'hand luggage only' ticket. Generally it is one suitcase 23kg, per person, in economy or two suitcases, of 23kg,per person in club class.

If you go to the 'Manage my booking ' page of your booking and click on the flight information , there should be a heading for baggage which shows your allowance.

Daniel it was when I logged on to Manage MyBooking and clicked on "buy extra baggage" just to try to find what the allowance was that i noticed it was showing zero in the checked allowance . So called BA and they too had it showing as zero

Daniel it was when I logged on to Manage MyBooking and clicked on "buy extra baggage" just to try to find what the allowance was that i noticed it was showing zero in the checked allowance . So called BA and they too had it showing as zero

How unusual :eek:

Hope that everything is sorted.

We were offered the early flight........we asked for a later one.

Archived