Vancouver Rental Car vs Public Trans/HOHO/Taxi, etc

I know I have seen posts recommending public transportation and costs of parking, etc.

I am wondering if we should possibly rent a car one day for a few of the things we want to do.

We could get a rental care for under $50 for the day- I wouldnt deal with overnight parking at the hotel- would just return it same day.

Capiolani Suspension Bridge & Hatchery, maybe to the university & botanical gardens? we could do Lyons Park but I really think we need to pick one or the other as we probably dont have time for both?

For our Stanley Park/Aquarium day- I was thinking walk, HOHO or Public transportation.

Should we just stick with public transportation the entire time?

thanks!!

I know I have seen posts recommending public transportation and costs of parking, etc.

I am wondering if we should possibly rent a car one day for a few of the things we want to do.

We could get a rental care for under $50 for the day- I wouldnt deal with overnight parking at the hotel- would just return it same day.

Capiolani Suspension Bridge & Hatchery, maybe to the university & botanical gardens? we could do Lyons Park but I really think we need to pick one or the other as we probably dont have time for both?

For our Stanley Park/Aquarium day- I was thinking walk, HOHO or Public transportation.

thanks!!

All of the places you've mentioned are accessible w/ public transport. The Hatchery is minorly annoying, as it's 1/2 mile down a side road, but it's a nice walk. Given the difference between a car rental+gas+parking vs two 9.75 day passes for transit, it's a big savings

thanks!!

Archived