24 Hour Room Service

out2winbig

Can anything out of the MDR be bought to the room or no?

No.

I think this is the answer to the question above.;)

The room service menu is the same on every ship.

The breakfast menu is a hang tag. Look for it on a hook.

The other menu is a single sheet of paper stuck with all the other papers in your cabin the first day. The reverse is some sort of advertisement. The ad is usually face up in the stack.

Room service is included in your cruise fare but it is customary to give a tip for delivery.

Be very specific when ordering from room service. If you want cream/milk for your coffee you need to ask for it.

Room service menu is on the back of some of the paperwork left on the desk the first day. I think I found mine in the back of Spa info. Put it aside in your desk drawer to keep it from accidentally being tossed.

Don't put out your cruising/sleeping door tag on your door until after RS door hanger has been picked up. Mine was accidentally grabbed when I put it behind the RS hanger!

Don't forget a few $1 bills to tip RS. $1/2 depending on size of order.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Can anything out of the MDR be bought to the room or no?

the buffet area will have the same stuff as the MDR minus a few items. you can go there and grab your food and take it back to the cabin.

the room service menu is fleet wide - it is what it is- you can not write in soemthing that is not on that menu.

BUT when ordering make sure you order you condiments-- creamers for coffee, milk for cereal.

Potato chips with sandwiches

The shrimp salad was very tasty. We also liked to potato salad and the cake. I don't do buffet so for quick breakfast on port days we did the room service, it was good.

My theory on room service " A lot of food doesn't make it good food"

NOTE

Do NOT put out the Do Not Disturb sign after ordering room service. They are trained to honor the do not disturb request.

They will turn around and take your food back to the kitchen.

They may or may not call you when they return to the kitchen. Depends on how busy they are.

i like the pb&j also, we usually get them with chips...(get 2 and share)

if you go to the dining room you can order a meal and take it with you (we brought back a dinner to my brother from the MDR)

If you go to the dining room you can order a meal and take it with you (we brought back a dinner to my brother from the MDR)

I wish Carnival would ban this practice. A Food and Beverage Manager for CCL explained to me this practice places added strain on the service staff as it is time consuming and slows down service to those who are seated in the dining room. Carnival has already reduced service with the "three team member" approach to table service. Making us wait longer while the staff fetches meals for people not present in the dining room does a disservice to those who come to the dining room for their meals.

This is not a flame of the poster, but rather a comment on CCL's F and B mismanagement of their human resources.

I wish Carnival would ban this practice. A Food and Beverage Manager for CCL explained to me this practice places added strain on the service staff as it is time consuming and slows down service to those who are seated in the dining room. Carnival has already reduced service with the "three team member" approach to table service. Making us wait longer while the staff fetches meals for people not present in the dining room does a disservice to those who come to the dining room for their meals.

This is not a flame of the poster, but rather a comment on CCL's F and B mismanagement of their human resources.

Doesn't sound that much different than ordering more than one entree in the MDR. Just taking it with you.... Don't really see how that adds strain.

Unless it is people that aren't seated and just walking in and asking a server for food. I can see how that would slow things down

Am I crazy or did the room service menus used to be in a binder type thing? lol. We tried calling on our last cruise and I had to ask where the menu was...didn't see it mixed in all of the paperwork. Also, just a side note-the room service was CRAZY slow. It literally took almost 5 minutes just to get through and about an hour to get the food. Not complaining because it was free (minus tip) but I've personally never seen it take that long. :)

Doesn't sound that much different than ordering more than one entree in the MDR. Just taking it with you.... Don't really see how that adds strain.

You are assuming that the extra food is brought to the table when all the entrees are served and that it just sits there taking up space until the people who ordered the food "to go" take it with them at the end of their meal. That's not the case. People who do this usually order the food when orders are taken but expect the "to go" order to be kept hot in the kitchen until the conclusion of the meal and THEN brought out from the kitchen. It is this part of the process which causes extra work and takes time away from service to those in the dining room. Also, remember the kitchen is one or two decks below the dining room and are accessed by escalators and long walks through hallways. Ordering in this way is an imposition to the staff and negatively impacts service to those who come to the dining room to eat their meals.

If you order breakfast, and you order coffee with cream and sugar, if you use more than one little creamer, ask for 2. I write down creamer X 3, sugar X 3, croissants X 2. butter X 2, marmalade X 2 etc, other wise, they just bring one. Have your tip out the night before, sometimes, they will wake you up to deliver what you want, when you wanted it.:D

Am I crazy or did the room service menus used to be in a binder type thing? lol. We tried calling on our last cruise and I had to ask where the menu was...didn't see it mixed in all of the paperwork. Also, just a side note-the room service was CRAZY slow. It literally took almost 5 minutes just to get through and about an hour to get the food. Not complaining because it was free (minus tip) but I've personally never seen it take that long. :)

You may be crazy :p, but the menu did used to be in the binder thingy known as the stateroom directory.

How long it takes depends on how many people are ordering at the same time OR, if you are ordering at breakfast, the door hanger cards that are ordered in advance have priority. The Fun Times often says (or did) expect 1 hour or more delivery time in ports.

Too many idiots were stealing the directories as a souvenir. (No, I scanned on the ships)

sb15%20-%20room%20service.jpg

sb16%20-%20room%20service.jpg

Room service gets real busy during peak times.

when you are coming back from a port and the buffet is closed at 3pm your choices are deli, pizza or burgers== room service will be swamped.

Also for early morning port days== again it will be slow.

VERY late at night- between 11pm and 1am nothing is available so people use room service

Archived