24 Hour Room Service

out2winbig

How can there be no trays at the buffet :confused: ? How are people expected to hold plate, napkins, utensils and a drink all at the same time, especially young children, people with canes or parents with very young children? This does not make sense.

Multiple reasons

1. Trays aren't cheap plus you would have to have about 6000 to 8000 trays available, plus all these trays need to be washed and maintained. Multiplied by 20 ships.

2. There is a segment of people who load their trays as if it's the first time they've ever seen food, then only eat half. The rest has to be tossed.

Just getting rid of the trays saves time, money, and wasted food. The consumer is slightly inconvienced with making multiple trips through the line helping their kids or loading up another plate.

Just getting rid of the trays saves time, money, and wasted food. The consumer is slightly inconvienced with making multiple trips through the line helping their kids or loading up another plate.

IMO having to make multiple trips through the line is a MAJOR inconvenience. If you find a table, you need someone to watch the food you have already brought to the table. The food doesn't stay hot very long, so you really have to plan what you're getting, and then you have to make yet another trip for beverages.

On my one foray onto RCI - they didn't have trays and I HATED it.

If the Splendor gets the plates pretending to be trays, I'll bring my own tray or save one from room service to use at the buffet.

Multiple reasons

1. Trays aren't cheap plus you would have to have about 6000 to 8000 trays available, plus all these trays need to be washed and maintained. Multiplied by 20 ships.

2. There is a segment of people who load their trays as if it's the first time they've ever seen food, then only eat half. The rest has to be tossed.

And trays aren't the most sanitary thing. They are cheap enough and pack easily if people want to bring their own.

People do load them up. Makes it easier to waste that much more food.

IMO having to make multiple trips through the line is a MAJOR inconvenience. If you find a table, you need someone to watch the food you have already brought to the table. The food doesn't stay hot very long, so you really have to plan what you're getting, and then you have to make yet another trip for beverages.

On my one foray onto RCI - they didn't have trays and I HATED it.

If the Splendor gets the plates pretending to be trays, I'll bring my own tray or save one from room service to use at the buffet.

Understood.

However, it's not about 1 guest, 10 guests, or 100 guests. It's about 3000 guests per week times 20 ships times 52 weeks a year.

It's business not personal.

Everything I have tried from Room Service has been pretty good. Love the BLT's and the chocolate cake! They will bring you a drink from the bar, but of course you have to pay for that.

Lots of times it's hard to get through to Room Service on the phone. Last cruise on the Magic, I decided to place my order on the TV. After an hour I called, they had no record of it. I was not happy. Won't do that again.

Would it be possible to get a whole pizza and bring it to my room myself?

Well I got two slices, and my honey got some, and we knocked on our friend's cabin door, woke em up and said "It's time for our tradition of last night cruise pizza!" and he was happy cuz his friend brought him pizza. We didn't box it or anything, we just took it to the room. Same as we would do when I would go to the buffet and bring us back breakfast to our room...

Archived