Parking in Miami

I searched and searched for options in Miami last year. I came away with the idea that anything other than the port was risky because of safety and transportation. I stumbled across something new in a more recent search and decided to try it. Safe Cruise Parking - http://www.safecruiseparking.com/ We will be cruising out of Miami on June 22nd, so I'll let you know how it goes. It was half the price of port parking.

There is a Springhill Suites that is 3 miles from the port. They offer a park & cruise pkg that incl bkft and a shuttle to the port. You would have to take a taxi back to the hotel but it is within 3 miles so that should not be too bad price wise. If you were needing a pre-cruise hotel as well, this may work out for you.

http://www.marriott.com/hotels/hotel-deals/miahd-springhill-suites-miami-airport-east-medical-center/

:)

• 2 weeks later...

Just got back from our trip on the Carnival Liberty from 6/22 to 6/29. We used Safe Cruise Parking, and were very pleased. Parking is as advertised. It is located under an overpass so it is covered parking and it is gated too. The shuttle arrived within 7-10 minutes of us parking which worked out well because we needed to reorganize a couple things within the car. We were the only ones on the shuttle to POM. We did have some difficultly finding the guy upon our return, but we just called the number on the sticker and we connected with him immediately thereafter. Shuttle ride back was quick, and we were on the road within no time. I would definitely use Safe Cruise Parking in the future.

Just got back from our trip on the Carnival Liberty from 6/22 to 6/29. We used Safe Cruise Parking, and were very pleased. Parking is as advertised. It is located under an overpass so it is covered parking and it is gated too. The shuttle arrived within 7-10 minutes of us parking which worked out well because we needed to reorganize a couple things within the car. We were the only ones on the shuttle to POM. We did have some difficultly finding the guy upon our return, but we just called the number on the sticker and we connected with him immediately thereafter. Shuttle ride back was quick, and we were on the road within no time. I would definitely use Safe Cruise Parking in the future.

I'm glad you had a good experience but I would advise other cruisers against leaving a car under the Dolphin Expressway. Not a good idea. Ever.

Hi. Going on the Liberty on July 13 and wondering where is a good and inexpensive place close by the Port of Miami to park my car? Thanks!

Parking at POM is convenient, covered and secure - and costs $20/day. :(

Parking anywhere else in Miami may be cheaper, but will not be as convenient, will likey not be covered, and for sure will not be as secure. :eek: Your call!

Good luck! :)

Edited by JohninDC

• 4 weeks later...

Wife and I just returned from 7 day Carnival Liberty and offer the following review sent to Premier Parking. We were completely pleased with the parking site and the cost ($67 and change).

Very handy site to park for the Miami Cruise Port. This was our first cruise from Miami and the map looked a little formidable, but with the boss calling the turns to my white knuckle grip on the steering wheel, we pulled right in the gateway.

Greeted at the gate and directed to a parking place, the driver hurried to move our luggage to the van and we were safely driven to the ship's unloading area.

Returning went just as smoothly with an experienced driver watching both the traffic flow and awaiting passengers. He carefully loaded us and the luggage and delivered us right to the car. Staff gave excellent driving directions to exit the lot and city.

We will use Premier again!

Wife and I just returned from 7 day Carnival Liberty and offer the following review sent to Premier Parking. We were completely pleased with the parking site and the cost ($67 and change).

Very handy site to park for the Miami Cruise Port. This was our first cruise from Miami and the map looked a little formidable, but with the boss calling the turns to my white knuckle grip on the steering wheel, we pulled right in the gateway.

Greeted at the gate and directed to a parking place, the driver hurried to move our luggage to the van and we were safely driven to the ship's unloading area.

Returning went just as smoothly with an experienced driver watching both the traffic flow and awaiting passengers. He carefully loaded us and the luggage and delivered us right to the car. Staff gave excellent driving directions to exit the lot and city.

We will use Premier again!

• 5 months later...
Has anyone used Premier Cruise Parking Port of Miami at 1415 NE 2nd Ave, which is a garage? Was it safe and did you keep your keys?

We did in October and it is a covered garage and you keep your keys. They were great. We parked the car ourselves, they never touched the keys and they never touched the car.

Only issue was finding them was the physical address, Their instructions say they are located at 1415 NE 2nd Ave but the actual address is 1400 NE 2nd Ave. They are on NE 2nd Ave BETWEEN 14th an 15th, on the right just past the 14th Street light. Premier Cruise Parking Port of Miami via Global Airport Parking. We paid $59.24 for 7 nights, in at 10:30am out at 10:00am.

Edited by Danacat222

• 4 weeks later...

Okay here is my thoughts on parking....

Back in December was in Miami and pre-paid and booked with premier parking usa and when we arrived we sit in a line for over 2 hours and finally a lot of us walked to the gated area only to be told we better go find another parking area bc they were full. Okay so we had pre-paid? The lady there said after the cruise call and they would refund us all our money. So, needless to say we had to find another parking lot to park in quick and then had to dish out more money to pay. We did find parking and paid, they took us to the port. My husband handled it all so I couldn't tell you how much we paid or where the parking was at, or who it was with lol. But here's the kicker...when we got home I called and they were friendly and said yes they would put me in for a refund. I called 3 more times after that and each time told they had put in for it to be refunded to me? So...here is is February of 2014 and Still NO REFUND! I will NEVER use this company again!

So now I'm going on a cruise in June out of Miami so started reading peoples reviews and yesterday I finally decided on Premier Cruise Parking and emailed them at premiercruisepark@bellsouth.net and asked about their parking area and rates for my dates. Chris responded to me fast and explained everything to me and about their parking area. I decided to book so he sent me my reservation paperwork to printout, which I did and gave me a price of $8 a day, which I'm needing 8 days, so that put the total price at $64 with no fees or taxes, he said! He said we would have to pay in cash on the day we arrive but that's fine with me! Their address says: 1415 NE 2nd Ave. I saw pictures of their parking area and it looks safe plus its really close to the port, only 6 blocks. Well, we will see how good they are in June!

So this is my outlook and personal opinion on parking in the Miami area. Good Luck to everyone!

:p;):)

Just wanted to report my experience using Premier Cruise Parking in Miami, FL. Found the garage with no problem (GPS took us right to it). The van was waiting for us in the garage. Had our reservation information. We did have to park on the top floor in the sun. The parking spaces were full, so they had me park at the end of a row, but the vehicle was 'safe'. When we did return, we did have an issue of where to meet the van to take back to the garage. The paper that they gave us, stated to wait at the 'pick up sign'. Yet they were picking up 100 feet prior to that sign. Some of us was waiting a long time looking for the van. :confused: :mad:

. I decided to book so he sent me my reservation paperwork to printout, which I did and gave me a price of $8 a day, which I'm needing 8 days, so that put the total price at $64 with no fees or taxes, he said! He said we would have to pay in cash on the day we arrive but that's fine with me!

:p;):)

And no red flags are flying to you when they guy said no fees or taxes?

There currently are no safe off port parking options for the Port of Miami.

Amen.

Has anyone discussed parking your car at an airport lot and then taking a taxi to the port? Is it safer that way? Thanks

is it going to cost less after the two $24 plus tip taxi rides

vs just parking at the port?

I've thought about using an off site airport lot, use their shuttle to the airport and taxi to the port but the $$ doesn't add up to an advantage.

I used off site airport parking A LOT when I worked out of Miami. It was organized and a long standing business. OTOH my experience with 'port' off site parking was BAD and I doubt I would do it again. It became clear to me that 'premier' subcontracted parking space from other providers so where they parked cars changed from week to week, and their van drivers where also day hires who might or might not know how to serve customers. Premier's 'office' in my experience was a guy at the parking lot with a TV tray to hold his drink and an umbrella to shield him from the sun and the rest of you can wait in the sun 'til the van gets here, and NO I don't know when that will be . . . getting BACK to the lot after the cruise was worse . . .

Edited by Capt_BJ

is it going to cost less after the two $24 plus tip taxi rides

vs just parking at the port?

I've thought about using an off site airport lot, use their shuttle to the airport and taxi to the port but the $$ doesn't add up to an advantage.

I used off site airport parking A LOT when I worked out of Miami. It was organized and a long standing business. OTOH my experience with 'port' off site parking was BAD and I doubt I would do it again. It became clear to me that 'premier' subcontracted parking space from other providers so where they parked cars changed from week to week, and their van drivers where also day hires who might or might not know how to serve customers. Premier's 'office' in my experience was a guy at the parking lot with a TV tray to hold his drink and an umbrella to shield him from the sun and the rest of you can wait in the sun 'til the van gets here, and NO I don't know when that will be . . . getting BACK to the lot after the cruise was worse . . .

People never learn.

All the locals tell them, "No, don't park offsite, it isn't safe or secure" then some yahoo from Iowa tells them about their okay experience with Premier/Safe/Urban parking and they just park there anyway.

I can't get why they are shocked when they find out their car has been driven, rifled through, damaged etc.

All to save enough money to buy two drinks of the day.

These parking lots are fly by night, pop up businesses run by scam artists who hire felons who can't get jobs elsewhere.

Ask that van driver to see his drivers license. Bet money he doesn't have one.

• 2 weeks later...
People never learn.

All the locals tell them, "No, don't park offsite, it isn't safe or secure" then some yahoo from Iowa tells them about their okay experience with Premier/Safe/Urban parking and they just park there anyway.

I can't get why they are shocked when they find out their car has been driven, rifled through, damaged etc.

All to save enough money to buy two drinks of the day.

These parking lots are fly by night, pop up businesses run by scam artists who hire felons who can't get jobs elsewhere.

Ask that van driver to see his drivers license. Bet money he doesn't have one.

Having lived and worked in Miami from 1961 to 1987, I find all of these negative reports very distressing. My husband grew up in Miami and graduated high school there. What has happened to our beloved Miami since we left?

We will be sailing Celebrity Reflection on April 19 and after reading many, many posts on multiple sites I guess we are left with 2 choices....park at hotel in Miami Springs where we will spend Friday night or park at the port. At the hotel with 1 way van would be $84 with $10pp return van to hotel for $104 vs park at port for $140. What to do???????

At the hotel with 1 way van would be $84 with $10pp return van to hotel for $104 vs park at port for $140. What to do???????

Just for the convenience and security, and to avoid the hassel of riding both ways in a van I would happily pay the extra $36 to park at the port, but it is easy for me to spend your money. :o

It's your call! :)

Having lived and worked in Miami from 1961 to 1987, I find all of these negative reports very distressing. My husband grew up in Miami and graduated high school there. What has happened to our beloved Miami since we left?

We will be sailing Celebrity Reflection on April 19 and after reading many, many posts on multiple sites I guess we are left with 2 choices....park at hotel in Miami Springs where we will spend Friday night or park at the port. At the hotel with 1 way van would be $84 with $10pp return van to hotel for $104 vs park at port for $140. What to do???????

Miami is a very different place that the Miami you lived in.

The Mariel Boatlift dumped 100,000 criminals on Miami's shores.

I would park at the port.

Miami is a very different place that the Miami you lived in.

The Mariel Boatlift dumped 100,000 criminals on Miami's shores.

I would park at the port.

My husband lived in Hialeah as a child and last year we drove around there and Miami and all my husband could say was how much it had changed and not for the better~ :eek:

Has anybody parked here...

Port of Miami Cruise Parking

150 NE 7th St, Miami, Florida 33132.

Giving me a price of $84.00 for 2 cars... Sunday to Sunday.... sounds to good.... need reviews please

Thank you

dbelmo