Mini-Golf--are there long lines?

Hello all!

I have a kid with some special needs, and the thing he is absolutely most excited about is mini-golf on the ship! He's turning 6 while we're on board. Are there typically lines to play golf? When would be better times to go? I think it may be the first thing we do when arriving on the ship.

Any tips for enjoying this even more?

(sailing Pride on Sunday!)

Thanks all!

Hello all!

I have a kid with some special needs, and the thing he is absolutely most excited about is mini-golf on the ship! He's turning 6 while we're on board. Are there typically lines to play golf? When would be better times to go? I think it may be the first thing we do when arriving on the ship.

Any tips for enjoying this even more?

(sailing Pride on Sunday!)

Thanks all!

It might be easiest when the ship isn't moving! It gets really windy up there if it is. :) I hardly ever saw people playing, too.

We played mini golf on the Pride everyday in the evenings last year and there never was a line. I would think it is dependent on the type of people who are booked on the cruise so you will not know until you go up to the sports deck.

We went on a sea day in the middle of the afternoon when you would think it would be the busiest, and we had one group in front of us, so no wait really at all. I am sure if you do it when you get on you won't have any wait at all.

Just keep in mind that you need to get the clubs and balls on the lido deck and then go up to the course, also, I am not sure on your child's needs, but there are about 2 flights of stairs to the course.

Enjoy!

I have also never encountered a line to play mini-golf. Maybe 1 or 2 other groups playing on the course at the same time, but never a long wait at all. I always cruise in the spring & fall though, so if you are going in the summer when A LOT more kids are on board it may be busier.

In all my cruises (22) my son and I always play together~ started when he was 6 and he is now 19...we have never had a line.. maybe a slower team in front of us but we have never had to actually wait in a line to play. Have a great time with your son!!:D

I had to laugh when I read about your child loving mini golf as the most fun thing. My young adult daughter (who has mild Down Syndrome), chose shuffleboard as the thing she liked best on our first cruise. We played every day, wind or no wind! It was great! We did try the golf but it was too windy. Enjoy!

Archived